Rise Against

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Alexrednex, Aug 9, 2010.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Have you ever heard Rise Against? Do you like them/Hate them.
    Personally Rise Against is one of my favourite bands, not only because of there awesome and inspiring music, but because of the things they do.

Rise against is a Punk band(A real one)
    They are all vegetarians, and sing about everything from global warning to love issues.
    They also do alot of charity work, and always try to invite other people to do the same (even giving free shows)

So give me some of your opnions about the band

Here is some links to some of there Music videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-SQGOYOjxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2FrUUq-zI&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BblV6AQsd2s&feature=channel

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
    Importskyline22

Importskyline22 LPA VIP LPA VIP

I have loved rise against for a really long time, ever since "The Unravleing" which was there best cd, I just love his raw voice.

Im not too much into there latest cd simply because I told like all the political stuff in my face. Which is why i stopped listening to Green Day. But yea, I still love Rise Against, mainly there older stuff.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Great band. All their albums are pretty damn solid.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I have all there album, and is really addicted to there stuff. I like both there old and new stuff, but i really like the fact that there music style has evolved. They are working on the new record now.

Appeal to Reason is my favourite album from them, there are some really good stuff in there, nice guitars, inspiring lyrics and full hearted vocals from Tim.

wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

This is a great band!
    I listen to them a lot. 6th place in my last.fm history of the most heard bands ^^

Since I saw their RaR performance this year I want to see them live sometime.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I fucking love this band. The Sufferer and the Witness is my favorite album from them, and have loved them since Siren Song From The Counter Culture

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Good Chicago band. They get ton of radio play around here. I dig them

Kaleda519

Kaleda519 Well-Known Member

One of my favourite bands for sure, love them :)

Tomozaurus

Tomozaurus Well-Known Member

I liked Ready To Fall...

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

I love Rise Against, been a fan of them since before they got big and they weren't really known outside Chicago...

And on a side-note, I find it funny how PUNK, which started as an "anti-conformity" movement, now almost requires that a band spew left-wing politics in their music.... LOL... can't be any more "conforming" than that. I'm still waiting for a "punk" band to stand up and sing about Obama taking away liberties and trying to pass legislation limiting free speech and constitutional rights, while creating and growing a highly centralized federal government that these supposed "punk" bands SHOULD abhor. WHERE are all these PUNK bands to "stand up" against "the man" now? The next band to preach about global warming I think I'm gonna throw them in the arctic

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I like em. I always think I would love them but for some reason I don't take enough time to listen to them. I like their new album and siren song of the counter culture. Really like:
    Give It All
    Swing Life Away
    Savior
    Reducation through labor
    Audience of One

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, because being left-wing/not conservative means you automatically support any politician with even remotely left-wing views/policies :rolleyes:

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Exactly.

I do like Rise Against. Sufferer and The Witness is a great album. Prayer Of The Refugee is probably my favorite song by them.

Dean

In any case, I think Rise Against are pretty good.

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

i adore them, and they are numer 1 on my last.fm playlist, which should prove me right ;)

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

For sure one of my fav Bands. I can definitely say that their music inspires me!

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

It's not about whether they automatically support left-wing politicians... The issue is that all these "punk" musicians that never shut up while Dubya was in office (most of it for good reason) are nowhere to be found despite the fact that the new leader is rapidly centralizing the government and taking away rights of the people and of the states like a kid in a candy store. So I guess going to war to defend our freedom and destroy the terrorists who struck our shores on 9/11 makes you a tyrant and a war criminal, but destroying the free market and creating a statist regime is okay? They write songs bitching about torturing terrorists and about the civilians overseas, but not a damn word when it's OUR OWN citizens being savaged and denied liberties.

Being "left-wing" nowadays (at least Obama's form of left-wing) means you support a statist government and you're just as much of a sheep as the citizens who have fallen time and time again for giving up their freedoms to a cult of personality in favor of false promises and false hope.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Love Re-Education and Ready to Fall.

Dean

I don't really mind what you personally think about Obama or Bush. It's this generalisation that there are plenty of bands criticising one over the other, and then that they're hypocrites for it. There probably are some that that applies to but to me it seems that at best you're exaggerating slightly, and at worst it's one big generalised platitude.

That said, if you want to carry on criticising Obama it's probably better to take it to serious chat. Here that aspect of it is pretty off-topic to say the least.

Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

I'm just making a point about how hypocritical these political punk bands are. One minute they're standing up to fight the man, the next moment you can hear the crickets. I for one am hoping A Thousand Suns doesn't get too preachy