Rob Zombie's Halloween: New Details Inside

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Luke, Mar 8, 2007.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Click Here For Details

Wow, he's really gonna fuck it up.

The worst of all is that the original music isn't in this. The music was Halloween with it's iconic piano sound.

I'm not gonna ditch this before I see it but I'm not liking the details so far. I say just get this over and done with so someone can finally make Halloween 9 or Freddy vs. Jason 2 with Michael Myers in it.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Sorry to disagree on this, but if someone can make Halloween cool again, it's Rob Zombie. Yes, i'm pissed that the music isn't in there and it SHOULD BE IN SOME WAY SHAPE OR FORM! But I believe in Zombie. Devil's Rejects and HO1KC are awesome movies.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I'm a bit disappointed in Zombie, but I'm guessing that the reason he's not using the original is perhaps to disassociate his version from the originals... kind of like bringing a whole new version (and from what is mentioned seems to be the gist) to the plate and letting it stand as it is rather than a complete throwback to the original. I'm not confident it'll be the same chilling movie as before, but then again, I didn't expect Zombie to approach it the way Carpenter probably did.

Also, I think this, as all Zombie's films, will be taken as a "love it or hate it" type of flick. I think that Zombie has a great way of making his films, but they're very experimental, and I think if Zombie's done too much of that in this remake, it's going to really turn people off. I dig his style, but I hope he's good enough to recognize that changing too much from the original isn't going to sit well with the fans.

I'm also not too thrilled that he gave Laurie more attitude. The reason I really rooted for Laurie in the originals was because she really didn't seem like the type who'd cause any trouble. With a punk-rock look and a bit of an attitude, I'm afraid the connection original fans had with Laurie will be less emotional than before. A good example would be Zombie's House of a 1000 Corpses. He made all the girls high and mighty with such sourpuss attitudes, you were glad they died at the end of the film rather than rooting for them to escape.

Nevertheless, I'm sure Zombie will do the movie some justice... Even if he doesn't do a good job, you know Zombie didn't hold anything back considering he loves to defy the MPAA's ratings (I remember he had to re-edit Devil's Rejects a lot or risk an NC-17), so I know he's going to go balls-to-the-walls, but I hope he remembers the original and doesn't spit all over it.

Luke

Here's some information no one will probably care about :)lol:):

Danielle Harris, who played Michael's nease Jamie Lloyd in Halloween 4 & 5, will be in the film as Annie Brackett.

Friskey™

Yo, Hellflame...Zombie planned to use the original music from the beginning. He was just giving us shit all this time. :lol:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Damn MTV. :lol:

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

:lol: Rob Zombie's awesome. He isn't going to fuck this up...

Luke

Lets just hope he does a good job. Halloween is one of the most iconic horror films to date (also one of my favourite film series) so if he fucks up alot of people will be pissed.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

:ermm:

Friskey™

It's Rob Zombie though. Pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

Luke

Well it is heavily rumoured that when/if F vs. J happens, Michael Myers or Ash from The Evil Dead will be thrown into the mix.

Speaking of F vs. J did you know that Rey Mysterio is one of the Freddy Krueger stunt doubles in the film. You learn something weird every day eh? :lol:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
    lragnarok11

lragnarok11 Active Member

We'll See What he will do..

:rolleyes:

Friskey™

The hell? :lol:

Luke

Zombie has just confirmed that the intro to LP - What I've Done will be the new Halloween theme song.

Anyone who believed that even for a split second is gullable as hell. :lol:

Friskey™

Luke

It looks pretty decent from that trailer but I'm still confused as to why they got a girl to play young Michael Myers...

Well the theme is there which is good but there's something different about it that I can't put my finger on. Also Michael's new mask looks pretty cool but it does look quite a bit different to the classic mask.

Friskey™

The origin of the mask though is different. Zombie thought it was stupid that Myers just found a Bill Shatner mask and painted it white. This version, that mask has been in his basement for like years upon years which is why it's dirty and nasty as all hell.

Luke

For anyone who's interested, the 2007 version on the theme song can be heard on the films official myspace

Leave it to Rob Zombie to make it sound even more sinister and evil. :lol:

Hany

Hany Member

I've never actually been a big fan of halloween but i'm intrested to see if Malek Akkad (producer) can live up to his father's reputation. Such a same that Al queda killed him :(

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

This looks so fucking good. I'm seeing this.