Rumor: Linkin Park to Feature Kiiara on New Song

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Feb 2, 2017.

1. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

who is kiara is she good i never heard about her before!

2. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I'm done with this. Sorry guys I can't take this anymore (pun unintended)

3. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, I missunderstood.

4. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

This news is...unexpected, to say the least. I had no idea who Kiiara was until I listened to those two songs that Derek imbedded. While I do like "chill" music from time to time, whatever style Kiiara is using just didn't appeal to me all that much. Some have said it's R&B with synth and glitchy effects, and that seems to be the case.
    I can't imagine that LP's entire album will sound this way, as these guys know how to surprise us fans at every turn. I mean, just look at Living Things, followed by The Hunting Party. Talk about a complete 180ยบ :lol:

I am genuinely curious as to how you view THP similarly to how some here view Meteora. I get what you mean about it being "out of place" in an electronic-heavy music scene (during 2014, as well as now). What I don't get is how you can equate it to Meteora, given it's almost entirely different approach. It can be argued that THP demonstrated objective progression/improvement with instrumentation, mainly based on more complex guitar riffs, technical drumming, and even somewhat-complicated solos, compared to any other previous LP release. Yes, I know guitar solos popped up in MTM initially, but not to the same extent as they appear in THP. To me, this album is a more technical experiment with a throwback sound. It still baffles me that it wasn't more successful with the rock/metal crowd, or those who were looking for alternatives to pop, or heavily electronic music.

My point is, THP really did something new for the band, whereas Meteora was more or less an extension of the foundation Hybrid Theory had (very successfully) laid out. Yes, Meteora did feature some new samples, lyrical themes, and electronic effects, as well as having a certain "darkness" to it that Hybrid Theory didn't have quite as much. I suppose I just don't understand why more people didn't appreciate what LP attempted with THP from a technical point of view, as well as its fairly fresh sound, rather than focus on mainstream success or popularity.

Spoiler Alert: I'm not a fan of popularity contests, especially in music, and try to appreciate music as more of an art form, a means of expression, over anything else. I hope I didn't ramble, and that this all makes sense.

Alexrednex and Deliveranze like this.
  5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

They infer it because they hadn't seen many GUITARZ pics on their Instagram.

A lot of the bickering here baffles me because it makes it seem as if ATS never happened. Not that we're getting another one, but the simple fact that we've actually HAD an album without electric guitars as focal point in terms of sound. Basically all you see here is people bitching and freaking out cause "they're going indie/pop/insert whatever genre buzzword that fits the era".

Alexrednex likes this.
  6. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

There are far too many closed minded people here. Besides that, stop complaining about this one band not doing exactly what you want. There's too much music out there to dwell on a band like LP. The people wishing specific things can easily find what they want elsewhere to supplement what they already like in an artist. Not every artist has to accommodate to every taste. In fact that's when the music suffers and bands die out

Alexrednex and Modern Guitar God like this.
  7. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Look on Linkin Parks Instagram now!! It has started!!!!

8. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

:shinado:

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  9. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

For those not looking at the forum chat, this picture is a picture of Rob that's been glitched out

linkinloch and Dragondust like this.
  10. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

Am I the only person that think's it would be a little hypocrital, if linkin park goes to electro-pop stuff after the message from The Hunting Party? (Rock return, rock never dies, fuck radio-friendly style...) I know it's only a supposition, this possible new direction, but...

Michele and Brandon like this.
  11. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Trust me, you're not the only one.

12. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Recharged 2.0 is coming :WTF:

13. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

You're not the only one, but i'd rather them move on and try something new instead of stagnating at the THP sound. Does the feature of this lady make me worry a bit? Yes. But im also interested to see what comes from the collaboration.

14. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

This. So much this. Haven`t been that active as of late, but now I`m back on the Train to Hype Town ;)

On-Topic: I really like the 2 Songs Derek embedded in his Post. Recently I`ve come to appreciate a lot of electronic/indie/pop or call it whatever you like kind of music.

ATS still is my favourite LP Record, so I`m looking forward to Music from them.

Sasuke likes this.
  15. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

You could argue that alot of what was said, mainly by Mike, during THP cycle was in itself hypocritical, could you not?

Brandon likes this.
  16. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I think that was really dumb from Mike to Hype the Album like that. he insulting pop bands for being too pop. i didn't understand this at all. and i really like Chvrches

17. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

You probably said this after the Rakim feature too

18. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

They have been radio friendly since Hybrid Theory. Take out the interludes in ATS and the album is very radio friendly

Sasuke likes this.
  19. Orena

Orena LP soldier, Writer

GOSH THEY ARE SO ALIKE

20. Orena

Orena LP soldier, Writer

Sure, I just couldn't find the right word - what I meant was for them to release this first single without anyone else featured.

I never thought of the genre of the album when this collaboration was mentioned, I just felt unsure about the collaboration itself. Since THP is the first studio album to feature other artists, maybe it's still hard to 'accept' other ones in a studio album.

As for Kiiara, I was wondering, would we think the same if someone else was in the song instead? Like, Skylar Grey for example.