RUMOR: Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

I wonder if any puzzles will be given again soon:D

2. Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Can't wait! Regardless if this news post is slightly inaccurate I feel like something is coming sooner then we expect it.
    The title sounds pretty generic however, you can't judge a song by it's name!

3. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Refreshing the site every 10 minutes? Chances are not much news will come out this week. Y'all should calm down, get yourselves together and go about life per usual. Excitement? Yes. But the longer you stare at the site the longer it'll seem until the song gets out.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome to the forums! Please feel free to become a part of our community and create threads/reply to posts that interest you. We're super excited to have you a part of our community!

Exactly, and with over 50 million albums sold worldwide, Linkin Park knows the business very well.

You win internets. Welcome to the LPA sir.

5. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

All Access doesn't report on single releases, they report on CD release dates and dates that songs are released to radio. Too Late falls into the same category as Lying From You in that it wasn't a single but was given a radio release.

6. jordanW241

jordanW241 Well-Known Member

Another stalker here - I joined a couple of years ago and I'm always checking up on LP news on here but I never log in/post, aha. Probably about time I made an entrance... hello!

Just echoing what everyone else has said really, I think the fact Mike has stayed quiet on the issue says it all, he's usually quick to debunk any rumours. Less than a month to go does seem very quick though, and we haven't had any clues, puzzles or information like we had for ATS, which is the one thing that makes me question the dates legitimacy, but whatever... hopefully we'll all have some new music from LP in a month's time! The title (even if a little generic) gives out a good vibe to me - with the mention of bigger choruses, more guitar and the new album being more of a 'firecracker' record in recent interviews, it fit's perfectly :)

I'm not advocating a return to the Hybrid Theory metal days (ATS is their best work to date imo), but I really do hope there's a bit more guitar on this record. To me, ATS felt like the band were afraid to pick up a guitar for fear of sounding too much like before. So yeah, I'm hopeful for a heavy dose Brad ^_^

7. Derek

My attitude is that on many of the records prior to ATS, the band seemed at times to be holding back...or putting themselves into a box because they weren't comfortable trying something new or going outside of what people expected of them. Minutes To Midnight was the band slowly peeking outside of that box and testing the waters, but in some ways still being uncertain of whether or not they should try something risky. However; ATS was the album that they finally shed the Linkin Park "conventions" and truly tried to embrace the creative spirit they had in the old days. It might not sound like their older music, but the creative spirit is there.

This new album should be just as strong if not even better than ATS because the band has finally found their confidence and found comfort in who they are. They're able to make music without boundaries now, and a Linkin Park without boundaries is a good Linkin Park.

Welcome to the site. It's awesome to hit refresh and see a new member everytime I check the thread. =)

8. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It's LPA, that's why

9. Blake

The best song named Home is Home by Three Days Grace

10. Derek

I'm not sure if we should be saying thank you, or taking that as a negative comment? :lol:

Also, when you want to multi-quote, click on the quote icon that has a + next to it, and then click that icon on every post you wish to quote and then hit "Reply with Quote".. That way you can reply to more than one person instead of double posting.

Welcome to LPA :)

11. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Its a negative comment, Derek!

12. Leila_LP

Leila_LP Member

They often told that single will be released soon. Maybe that's not only rumors. Judging by the title, I think it can be something like W&K or Bkackout and I hope it will be! Can't wait to hear new songs!

13. Blake

in my opinion:
    - Somewhere I Belong
    -One Step Closer
    -What I've Done
    - The Catalyst

14. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

The wait is boring. The logical thing I should do whould be a hiatus, not visiting LPA or any LP site for 2,3 weeks, then going back and seeing plently of LP news with new snippets, new articles, ect!

The problem is...I just can't do that.:trollface:

15. Derek

Anybody who posts here for more than a day knows that the bad rhetoric people spread about us isn't true. Negative or not it really doesn't bother me. We have a great community, great members and I love it here. I'd say that even if I didn't own the site.

16. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I'm so ready to hear some new LP. Linkin Park is my drug :)

17. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Pretty much exactly what I was expecting you to post back. :lol:

18. Derek

I'm predictable I know :lol:.

19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Haha, signing up to insult the intelligence of the boards isn't a good start, but it's all good! I know you normally only come here to read the interviews we post but it's good to see you made an account on the LPA nevertheless. I hope you stick around, you might end up liking it here.

Also, I've read your comments elsewhere about us coming across cocky, sorry if you feel like that's the case with some of our staff. I think they're just proud of the work they do here and like to express it when good news gets posted. Maybe we can try and tone that down in the future. Anyway, I hope you post more and get to know our members. They can be a good bunch of guys.

Somewhere I Belong was close to being my top choice, it just takes me to such a great time when I first heard the song and saw the video.

20. Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

Just to know, Are you the guy from LPLive that hates ATS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.