S.W.A.T.

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by [Darken Hybrid], Jul 21, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

This movie opens August 8th (my birthday (w00t)). A lot of big names start in this movie: Samuel L. Jackson, Colin Farrell, Michelle Rodriguez, LL Cool J and some more. In the explosive action-thriller "S.W.A.T." inspired by the '70s television series, Colin Farrell portrays Jim Street, an L.A.P.D. officer whose recent demotion to a desk job leaves him desperate for a second chance to don the elite S.W.A.T. uniform. That break comes when team commander Hondo (plyed by Samuel L. Jackson) is assigned to recruit and train five top-notch officers for a new Special Weapons and Tactics unit (S.W.A.T.). After weeks of rigorous physical training, the new team is quickly thrown into action when a notorious drug lord (Martinez) offers a $100 million reward to anyone who can free him from police custody. While accompanying the drug lord out of Los Angeles into the hands of the Feds, the S.W.A.T. team is pursued by a dangerous and well-armed band of reward seekers.

This movie looks action packed. I'm looking forward to see this movie as part of my birthday gift....

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I love action movies and I love Michelle Rodriguez. I just hate the little motto for the movie: "Even Cops Dial 911." That's lameage! :rasberry:

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

I think the slogan or whatever is fine. I may go see it, probably better chance then seeing Seabiscuit. Sounds good.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

S.W.A.T looks like a really awesome movie. Farrell's work in The Recruit, Minority Report and Phone Booth was awesome and I expect a great performance from him again. The storyline sounds great too. I'll certainly be seeing it 1st day.

I also want to see if the Figure.09 rumors about the song being in the movie are true, although they probably aren't.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I shall be seeing this movie! :)

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Farrel's great in Daredevil. In Minority Report, i didn't even notice him.

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

Well, I thought that little motto was kinda corny, but a little funny. :( But the movie looks really cool, I might see it if my cousin wants to if I get to go to San Francisco.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

rather than make a new thread, I decided to just bump this one.

I saw S.W.A.T. tonight and it was an awesome movie. The action was great and the storyline was very good. The acting was superb too.

Final Score: 9.5/10