Same-sex weddings become law in UK

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Dean, Dec 5, 2005.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
    Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA!!!!!!!!!! (w00t)

I'm glad someone knows what equal rights means!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's great news.

The only thing that upsets me about that news is the fact that they have to pass that law in the first place.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Are they legal in Canada? I can't remember.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I've been hearing this all day in town and on the TV. This is damn good news in my eyes. My Mum is less than pleased but she's seriously homophobic. It's about time this law was passed. As Will said though it's sad that there needed to be a law for it

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Slap your mom for me. :)

I hope Bush gets it through his thick skull that if even his buddy Tony Blair's country is making same sex marriages legal, that it'd be wise for him to do the same before it breaks down into civil war.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

This is fantastic news.

True. It should have been legal from the very start.

Justin

Justin See you there

Yup, now it's legal all over the country.

Wow, I'm glad Britain jumped on the same-sex marriage bandwagon. Now Elton John can get married.(w00t)

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Well said. I agree 100%.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

I think that same-sex marriages are ridiculous, espsecially in Christian countries. In the Bible it says that it is an abomination for two men to sleep together, and this is encouraging it.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

What do you mean by christian countries?

Are you trying to tell me that the country I live in is a christian country? Because if you are I'm rolling on the floor laughing because the UK is one of the most multi-culteral places you can get with a variety of different religions including Judaism, Muslim, Hinduism etc. and the US is pretty much the same.

IMO the only thing rediculous is stating that there are a such thing as Christian countries. I dunno if the majority of the US or the UK are Christian but I don't think so, correct me if I'm wrong, but even still, they can't speak for everyone else.

And no offense intended but IMO the bible is just a book of contradictions and fairy tales in an attempt to try and get people to live 'the right way', if you wanna argue against the fact that it is riddled with contradictions then why does it call homosexuality an abomination and then state that ''My father's house has many rooms''? (Meaning that God is tolerant of all cultures and preferances).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
    saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

The royal family is christian, the main religion of the country is christian.

How about you stop bashing the bible aswell, im fucking fed up of people doing this. People bash christians all they damn well please, no one gives two craps because we are the majority, but if i said the kurah was bullshit, or said i dont like muslims, people try and sue you for racism. People can say, i dont like christians, the bible is bullshit ,how ever much they like. I am fucking fed up of it.

And are you going to make a worthwhile contrabution to the thread topic? or no?

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Hot Damn!

foofightersgroopie

foofightersgroopie Member

I am so happy that the world is slowly getting over the whole gay race thing. I hope Bush can get it through his head like Tasta said. If he does not pass the law... it will make the rest of us look bad. (Texans)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

But is there an officially recognized national religion? No. So until there is, people are entitled to believe whatever they want and act accordingly. It's completely hypocritical and unethical to make laws based on one religion when there is no formally recognized national religion in the first place.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

God is supposed to tolerate everyone, no matter who they are. And if you read the Bible, there are several instances of homosexuality that contradicts the argument that homosexuality is wrong.

No one gives a shit if animals are homosexual (it's been proven that some exhibit homosexuality) but since humans aren't animals (a typical Christian argument) being a homosexual is wrong. I hate that.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

At what point did I state that I had something against christians?

I gave my opinion on the bible and I'm entitled to that, especialy since I used to be christian myself but gave up on it after finding that the bible consists of contradictions and flaws to its points. I've studied quite a few religions and I find that all of them have certain flaws to them, IMO the only religion that makes sense to me (in my own personal opinion) is Buddhism.

I'm not blasting any religion at all and I think if you have a belief you should be proud of it. You must know that I am an extremly tolerant person when it comes to cultures, race, sexuality, age etc. however I stand firm in my point that you can't just name a country a 'Christian Country' just because it's royal family is christian or the majority of its citizens are christian.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

First of all, I find it funny how you're defending christianity with words such as "fuck", "crap", and "bullshit". Surley, someone who's religious enough to spew worthless made up information to defend their religion wouldn't use such words.

Second of all, the religion of the leader in the UK and US has nothing to do with the official religion of the country. Dubya is a devout religious right wing prick, but that does not make the official religion of the US christianity

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

Well I'm glad the UK gets it...

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

Words are there for using.

Worthless made up?
    I find that offensive.

You did not. However, my point was people can insult/bash Christianity, our views, our churches, everything about us. NO one cares. If I said that being a muslim is stupid or something along the same lines. Lets wonder how many people would complain.

If a Christian gets murdered, there is no mention of it in the paper, I can only say this from my experience. If someone who is black or muslim gets murdered, there is much mentioning of it in the paper and lots of suggestions of racism/hate crime. Now what if the Christian was murdered because that man was anti-Christian? No one seems to care, why? (by mentioning, i mean about their religion/colour)

Animals cannot think for themselves as such, and obviously cannot read the bible to understand that gay sex is wrong.