self mutilation

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by rosanna, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

anyone?

i want to see what people think before i say anything, i don't want people to think i'm crazier than i am.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

personally, i dont think its an answer. I never saw it as help to me, but others feel it is a way to free themselves, so I dont care about it really. course, i would try to stop them from doing it, but i cant control them entirely.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Pointless with a capital P. I really don't see the point in it...you realize you fucked up, so you fuck yourself up some more. Why not just beat the shit out of a pillow or something (which is what I do ;) )

rosanna

someone once said that physical pain is easier to deal with than emotional. people can see it. there is a purpose to fixing it. it's obvious. people can see you're in pain.

then there is the whole release thing you get, with the adrenaline rush...very exciting, but it would be better to find another way to get that same rush.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Those are the two dumbest statements I've ever heard about self-mutilation...ever.

If you believe that, then it sounds to me like all you want is attention.

Stop... give the people with REAL problems a chance to get noticed.

Canadian Joe

THANK you.

rosanna

hey i don't do it but i have a friend that did once upon a time and that is what he told me. you don't have to bite my head off.

Canadian Joe

We're not biting your head off...just trying to state an opinion.

Amanda

Yeah, that's what you wanted, isn't it?

rosanna

yeah about it not about me i don't do it. that is why i didn't say anything in the first place and wanted to see what people thought first.

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

Well, I also like the adrenaline rush. And I am no attention whore. I honestly find it makes me feel a whole lot better. I've gone from grieving to bouncing around the room, in the space of half an hour or so. And I've also used it as a cry for help before, but only with the 1 person. So I'm with Rosanna here.

Saying that, I would probably never encourage other people to do it. Not because it's stupid, but I hate it when other people get upset.

I don't know, I can't see another way of dealing with losing a sibling, nothing's going to bring him/her back. I also have big trouble with crying and talking about my feelings. I try, but it usually ends up as meaningless babble!

rosanna

like i said, i don't do it. i have, though, last time was because i was suicidal and it was to hurt someone else. i guess it was more of a suicide attempt, which proves my point of why i hate usig razorblades to do it, cuz im still here.:ermm:

my friend, though, his arm is cut to pieces and he is really good at hiding it. only a few people know.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Self mutilation isn't just cutting yourself. It ranges all over, such as: picking scars, plucking eyelashed, chewing on your nails. People do these things because they're just a habit, not because they're in pain or they want to hurt themselves. I myself bite my nails as do many other people. We aren't exactly looking for attention or to hurt ourselves, we just do it because it's a habit.

Whether you guys and gals see it that way is your opinion. But this is how I look at self-mutilation.

rosanna

well said.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Most pointless waste of time ever. I'm not gonna say people who self harm are stupid...'cause that would just be harsh but seriously, anyone who self harms in any way needs to seriously think about their life. It doesn't make things any better. When things do get better they will have a constant reminder of those hard times which just isn't nice

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Cutting yourself is entirely different from biting your nails, it's a whole different level of self mutilation. Biting your nails isn't dangerous, they can be barely categorized as the same thing. Anyway. I think cutting yourself is nothing but a cry for help. I've read & heard the reasons people do it and I think there are just better ways to solve your problems. I've said it before & I'll say it again; Stick metal in your CD player, not in your arm.

Now, people who cut themselves for attention really need to grow up and find a better way to get sympathy. If you want attention that badly put a blade to your neck instead and do us all a favor.

rosanna

yeah well people don't do it for attention all the time, my friend from like 1st grade told me she was doing it and i had no idea. no one did.

Amanda

Here are my views on the topic at hand in a nutshell:

If you cut yourself, you've obviously got problems to one degree or another. If you FLAUNT the fact that you cut yourself just so that people will notice you, you're a sick freak and you really need padded walls and a nice new white jacket. Grow a brain and get a personality, you'll get more attention that way than you ever will by carving shit into your skin.

Now, here is my view on the subject at hand in only one word:

POINTLESS.
    Seriously, it does nothing except leave you with permanent reminders of your own self-pity.

P.S. This is the last post I'll make in the topic. My work is done here.

Anthony

Anthony Active Member

shadow not only covered her opinion, but mine as well - though mine consists of far more laughing
    its like the whole 'straight edge' thing in a way. if you want to 'go clean' then that's fine but is there such a need to make such a big scene? i find it a tad moronic
    but yes, shadow got it bang on

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

:lol::lol::lol: I think the whole thing is just stupid and pointless, and you just look like a freak i don't even see why people think like that, it's just attention seeking, what amanda said; Pointless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.