Sellout crap !!!!!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by python, Aug 18, 2003.

python

python Well-Known Member

that some people think that LP is a Sellout band. I was just watching an icelandic music station and I heard a guy say that LP were just like Backstreet Boys.... #### that made me angry. He said that LP were put together by an Record Company or something like that just like Backstreet boys. OKey, if that´s true then all the #### I´ve read and watched is just a load of crap. Hell no !!! It just aint right. There are to many people that think this way and I just wanna proof them wrong.
    I don´t know, maby this problem is only here onIceland or just more severe here. Well I just wanted to share this and hear your opinion and thoughts.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Trust me - critics love to find flaws in the music industry (or any industry as a matter of fact) rather than good qualities. It's not just Iceland, it's worldwide, and what you gotta learn to do is just laugh at them.

You know, as well as the rest of us here that LP are not sellouts and in fact a magnificent band with a sound like no one else. Basically, don't get so aggrivated by these petty comments because we all know the truth that LP are not sellouts and in fact one of the greatest bands today.

Down boy.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

So, he has an opinion that differs from yours. Get over it, python. It's not worth the stress and sleepless nights.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

And what's this gotta do with Meteora? Nada. :whistle:

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

sellout. this is the stupidest word in the english language. or compound word if you use a hyphen (school starts in a week, gotta brush up ;) )

Instru-Mental

Instru-Mental Member

No, See he probably isnt aware of the fact Linkin Park has known eachother for years on end, and they worked really hard to get a record label, and amazingly hard to get where they are right now, with Two great albums and a well done remix album, they deserve to be where they are right now, they werent made or anything of the sort, he just wants to cause controversey.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

1 great album, 1 okay album, 1 remix album.

figure9

figure9 Well-Known Member

serves u right for watching an icelandic music channel ... damn those whale hunters

python

python Well-Known Member

I don´t know why it gets in my nerves when people say that "sellout" crap but as long as they make good music I´m happy. I don´t actually freak out and scream at people when they say that, I just try to prove them wrong :) because some people stop listening to LP when they thhink this. Aparantly this thread is unwelcome so just close this :( Just wanted to share...

-figure 9- = serves u right for watching an icelandic music channel ... damn those whale hunters.

Okey, I´m an Icelander so don´t say that I´m a "Whale Hunter". Clearly you don´t know anything about Iceland :)

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest thing I've heard in weeks!!!!

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

:mellow: I like Linkin Park B)

figure9

figure9 Well-Known Member

:mellow: I like Linkin Park B) [/b][/quote]
    I was only kidding :p the person I fancy is from iceland too lol, shes just a whale, not a whale hunter :D

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

well, i read in a magazine a while ago, that a guy claming to have put linkin park together were sueing the band for not giving him all the credit for their music

how sad is that???

people just want some of their well earned fame :argh:

python

python Well-Known Member

I know you were kidding figure9 :D :)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You guys, Linkin Park WAS manufactured...

They manufactured themselves. They put themselves together. They made all their music together.

They're Linkin Park, not Nsync.

(And contrary to popular belief, BSB wasn't manufactured either.)

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Right Will, they were self-manufactured;

Big difference between self-manufacturing and record-label creations.

Numbless_dutchie

Numbless_dutchie Member

Here in the Netherlands there is a magazine called BreakOut, wich compared LP to Metalica! what kind of fool would compare a band wich is known for over 20 years with a band that hit the record stores in 2000? they do, they said something like: compared to the raw voice of the leadsinger of Metalica, Chester Bennington's soft voice makes it feel like they are a boyband. Those guys are idiots! when a new Dancegroup or R&B singer (like fabulous, that wothless peace of crap with giant ears) hits the screen of your TV It's great, but when it comes to LP, they all turn their back to them and compare them with boybands. I can't stand it! But at least there are enough of us, The Chosen Ones, who do listen to LP and respect them!

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Exactly, that's like comparing your grandmother to my girlfriend...or something. :mellow:

Numbless_dutchie

Numbless_dutchie Member

Right haha lol :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob:

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

o_O I don't really know what to say only that if LP is being called a sell out obviously those people don't know any better. I never really listen to anyone but people I know I can trust.