Serious Chat - Subforums

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Jesse, Jan 18, 2011.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I know I've suggested this before but I honestly think it was gone about in the wrong way. I suggest that the LPA have subforums for Serious chat. Three to be exact.

The subforums should be Political/Science-Philosophy/Heath and leave the rest how it is as of now, where you can ask for person advise in the advise thread, make threads about deaths, or any thing that doesn't apply to Politics/Science-Philosophy/Health

For the Political subforum members could discuss their political views, old laws, voter turn out, new laws, amendments, upcoming elections, etc.

For the science subforum members could discuss new scientific avantages and technologies that do not pertain to things that are usually posted in Tech Talk, such as new planets found, discussions on the possibility of Nothingness, quantom physics, possibility of time travel as well as moral foundations, good vs evil, life vs death, etc for pilosophy

For the health subforum members could talk about, foods and recipies, mental heath, physical expercise, sexual health (for gosh sakes, we're all mature here)stress relief, natural vs conventional medicine, aging, insomnia, etc

Yes, the health thing has KIND of been done on these boards, but really, the way it was done imo, never works. I've visited quite a few boards where each and every one of things I suggest here get updated quite regularly on websites decidated to subjects that have nothing to do with them.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion that would make people more active here. Plus a lot of us have been here for a long time and have grown older and are interested in a lot more things and many things have become more important than they use to be.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

We contemplated this when we did our forum layout re-design, but decided against creating more forums. Discussions were being held in too many different places, creating a dispersion of comments that affected the overall activity of the board. It's for this reason that we combined Albums with Linkin Park Chat: to centralize the discussion in one place.

Creating more sub-forums would space out activity and I don't foresee enough discussion occurring within each sub-forum for them to be justified as separate entities.