"Session" - Song by Song, Let's Talk Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by hawk, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The song is so great! It's too bad it never made MTM.

Captain-EO likes this.
  2. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I remember playing the game , nothing special , but fun :lol:

Disappointed that i had to buy it also to listen to it in my music libary , instead to give a download link , suckers :kappa:

To the song, for me , its one of the special ones by LP and its great. The dark atmosphere with Chesters clear voice and Mikes rap make it very cool.
    They should perform this song live , that would be cool i think. I dont miss the 0.99€ i paid for it , it was worth :kappa:

Captain-EO likes this.
  3. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

i'm trying to help u
    let me help u
    :lol:

4. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:lol: But I'm not making a mistake.

Keep the thread on topic, let's not get into this again.

5. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Blackbirds feels like it definitely belongs on Minutes To Midnight. It's incredibly intimate, but almost aggressive at the same time. Not heavy mind you, but there's always a rising tension that builds and builds. You can hear it in Chester's voice as it gradually becomes raspier overtime. In a way it reminds me of the best parts of Valentine's Day and In Pieces meshed together. It's angsty and full of regret, but this time that's part of the charm. I've always thought the demo intro was pretty pointless though.

6. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Blackbirds doesn't really phase me. I don't see much to it, but Chester sounds pretty good on it. Mike's rap in the bridge probably shouldn't have been there, but the last few lines of it are good. Live drums throughout would have been a bit better on it.

7. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Blackbirds is like New Divide for me. It's just a song. There's not much to it really. It doesn't stir up anything in me or leave me awe-struck. The only thing I really like is the intro.

8. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Does this mean if Filip didn't take over, we would be on ATS by now? :kappa:

I'm not as indifferent to Blackbirds as most people here, in fact, I really enjoy this song. Chester's performance is chilling, definitely one of the songs that induces a heavy shiver in my spine right from the get go. The instrumentation is simple, and I really enjoy the basslines during the first verses, it might be simple, but its deep and fitting. The strings in the song are a very nice addition, as well. The instrumentation starts to shine even more in the second verses, with some electronic drums and some very eery guitar picking. The "Rap" verses are well written, and the little stings in the instrumentation during the rap verses sound very neat. While the rap may seem out of place in the song, at least the lyrics follow the subject matter of the rest of the song (I'm looking at you, THP...), and it's an enjoyable section for me.

Really a song that I wish made it's way onto Minutes to Midnight, honestly.

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

10. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I think if Filip didn't takeover, the thread would have died :lol:

11. minuteforce

Oh, fuck, yes, very true :lol:

If Filip hadn't volunteered to run this thread, I think that I'd still be writing about "Leave Out All The Rest" now

12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I love the atmosphere of Blackbirds, it has this dark, moody vibe which is also present in Across The Line and What We Don't Know. In a way, it reminds me a lot of the HT days, even though the instrumentation and production certainly belong to the MTM era. I'm also a fan of Chester performance and voice tone here. Overall a great song, certainly one which I wish would have been on MTM.

13. minuteforce

I think that the drum programming in "Blackbirds" is kind of reminiscent of the Hybrid Theory and/or Xero demos. There's an old-school almost trip-hop vibe, especially with the room-y vocals at the start. Reminds me of the 8-track recordings that make up the Xero tape and such

14. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Blackbirds can't get more epic than this. Filthy, great song, No Roads Left, Across the Line and Blackbirds are on a whole new level above MTM.

15. minuteforce

Oh, yeah. I'm surprised that no-one's mentioned it -- that massive dubstep drop in the middle always surprises me!

/s

16. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I thought we were on The Requiem...?

17. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

we r.

18. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

No we are not. I don't know if you guys noticed but I'm the one who spends 2 hours writing these posts. From the beginning of the thread, tracks were done chronologically. Between MTM and ATS, there are four songs released that weren't part of LPU CDs. No Roads Left, New Divide, Not Alone and Blackbirds. In the third or fourth post I ever made I set a new schedule for the thread - Fridays, Sundays, Tuesdays. And I have not gotten off that schedule once. Yesterday afternoon I posted Blackbirds, marking the start of the discussion. You have until Tuesday afternoon to discuss Blackbirds, and then I'll post The Requiem/The Radiance together. That marks thr beginning of A Thousand Suns, which will, of course, be done in order. I'm tired of the thread getting off-topic with this. Anyone who wants to discuss this, PM me, please. :)

19. Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

[video=youtube;feB7Oc8rw1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feB7Oc8rw1o[/video]

20. Cities

Cities Paranoid Android

I'll be waiting for 'A Thousand Suns' session anyway... Unless Filip let this thread die (which I don't think he'll do) I'm not in hurry.

I like 'Blackbirds'. It sounds like a slower version of 'Valentine's Day' with a vibe of the old Hybrid Theory days. It's simple and profound and has the good and old verses of Mike. This is one of the songs that I wish that could make 'Minutes to Midnight'.