Short Story.

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Theazninvasion68, Jan 5, 2009.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Brent - Father.
    Sara. - StepMother.
    Jessika.- Mother.
    Dimitri - Main character, Son.

Dimitri was in the car with his parents. They were returning to the quiet home of theirs after a well feasted dinner. It had been raining that Autumn. The weather felt abnormally dreary this season, Colder, Wetter, Stranger... The clouds had drifted above them hours ago, gathering tightly as the heavy rain cried their tears to the Earth. Dimitri always wanted to sit in the passenger's seat. He absolutely loved it. It had a Window, Mirror, a clear view of the road, and AC unit control, Radio control, ect. He looked back to see His mother, Sara, Had fallen asleep on the ride home. Dimitri was not the type of boy that would speak back, the boy who would have much to say in his mind and yet, have few words to say. Needless to state, The soft-spoken boy often saw world oddly. He saw the clouds gather up closely, wondering when the river that clenses comes down to wipe the earth. He stared deeply as his mind drifted.

The furious battles waged across the sky, Kingdoms in the sky. The kingdom grew each passing day as they looked to show strength. The vast Kingdom grew so much into a Metropolis, One would question Babylon's take for a city. The Kings were once Honorable in the Kingdom. The King's Son, The Prince, was one of the last few uncorrupted. Meanwhile, the citizens were Conspiring to overtake the seat. As the plan followed through, The bloodshed fell from the Kingdom to our Earth. The blood was a dye of clear. As the battle for the Kingdom Kept, the prince had saved the few, and retook his Kingdom. The rain poured harder, and then stopped.

Dimitri had realized the Raining had stopped and that His home was a few minutes away. Dimitri had crossed the Intersection between Cornerstone st. and Blueshell ave. He hated this particular Intersection, The Nightmare's he has, the reminecense. Dimitri saw the green yellow red lights, the yellow street lights, the blur of colors through the waterdrops on the window. He arrived home, late that night. The sky was clear as the stars would twinkle softly. The Moon was Full, shinings It's proud glory of light. The air was frigid that night, and he saw clouds along the moutains. He guessed it was either going to be Foggy or rainy. "Meh" He thought. He rather enjoyed both of them to be honest, but he never told people he enjoyed the fog, just the rain, because the question weather he liked the fog or not never had risen to question him. He walked inside to warm up and went to sleep.

Later that night, he was awoken by His older sister. He looked out the door for her, and wondered why she was walking...With such an errie cold chill vibe in the air. Dimitri went back to bed as he heard the door open to the backyard. He couldn't sleep afterwards. He got alittle worried for his Sister when he heard a distant slap of water in the distance, which reminded him that he hadn't closed the window. He did so, and he couldn't sleep. He turned and the moon had shined it's glorious light into the room, Illuminating the dark brown wood table with the pictures He had and saw the photo's of Dimitri's Past. It was His ex, the picture she had handed to him during Fall season, a few years ago. That winter season after was a terrible one, as he recalled. Laying there, He sat there quietly with a sigh of what's to come for tomorrow. The cool air was pleasant with the warm blanket and bed. He realized it had been nearly an hour after he heard her sister, and that splash of water. He got up. The feeling of the cold wooden floor chilled him to the spine. Shivering, he put on his jacket and opened the door in search for his Sister.

I'll look for what I strung together for this story later.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
    Theazninvasion68

(Sorry for double post) Here's chapter 2. Enjoy! (Or part 2)

Chapter 2.

Dimitri followed the footsteps where her sister had laid her bare feet. The air was cool and foggy, He had an odd feeling about this. He began running to his sister, wondering where she could've gone. He jumped over a well sized branch and was blinded by a bright light. After a while he saw it was merely the Moon's light, shining gloriously into a pond into his eyes. He found his sister as he rushed to her. She had fallen into the water and fell unconscious. As he lifted her, He noticed how clear and clean the water was for such a muddy pond it was. It sparkled and glimmered in perfect reflection of the moon. He pulled her out of the water and laid her on the ground, Wiping his sisters face of the clear water, he couldn't help but wonder why she was so red in the cheeks; As if blushing to secret fire in her heart's desire. He nudged her gently a few times, the pajamas were still good, but would need a good wash through the machine. He nudged her more, shaking her abit as he spoke. The words were quiet and calm as to not scare her awake, yet to make sure no one could hear him. Dimitri was shivering still, the cool air and fog didn't make anything better, so he wrapped her in his jacket and nudged her more.

He whispered "Hey, Are you okay? I bet you were Dreaming tonight. Now that I woke ya' , How'd you dream? Did you dream alright?". Dimitri's Sister smiled warmly, her beautiful green eyes were barely seen, the world to her was as clear as a blur but she could recognize that voice ever since he knew how to speak. Truth was to her; All she ever heard him say was "Are you dreaming tonight?' And "Are you dreaming alright?" She looked up and saw him sitting next to her. He got up and lent a hand down to help her up. "C'moon, Let's get you back inside..wouldn't wantcha' to get a cold now." She held his hand and he lifted her up and flung her arm over his back and helped her get back inside. As they were walking, She limped on her foot. The foot was red and didn't feel right to her to walk on, swollen.

He carried her back to their house and set her down on her bed. Dimitri was often not allowed to go into her room because she usually claimed that it's her privacy. Dimitri always respected peoples privacy and promises.
    He sat next to her sister and looked at her, sighing. "Sister, why did you have to out wondering this late?" He asked.
    "I saw a ghost, a Spirit. Have you seen the photographs of the people who used to live here?! He looked exactly like one of them!" she claimed.
    "A ghost? What next? Indian burial ground? C'mon, don't get your imagina-" Cut short, her sister eager to tell the rest of what she knew as she whacked him with a pillow"
    "And the Spirit..I see him around the house often! I do think he's in love with me, he says he watches over me in this house!" she spoke quietly to not awaken the parents. Her voice was an average voice, but on the softer side of words.
    "Uh huh..what else?" Dimitri dully said, looking right at her in the eyes"
    "And" She began, which she also whacked him across the head with her pillow " I need to change my pj's. Out out!!!"

Dimitri walked out with haste, taking a glimpse of what she walls had. Band posters, shirts, a light blueish, almost a sky blue, color of the wall. She had photographs of her friends everywhere and a closet door that was a mirror. Dimitri saw a photograph of one of her friends. He slowed down to take a better look. He recognized the place. IT was Her sister's friend and the they were walking home. His sister got up and shoved him out gently. "whatcha staring at? I said out! I have to change." He quickly walked out and went to his room. To be honest, Dimitri was looking at her friend because his sister's friend had a well endowed bust; and laughed on the inside as he walked out. The bed was cold from his bodily absence and quickly warmed to his return. As he was falling into sleep, the last thing he heard was a light tap on the door. Dimtri's Drifty eyes shut into the abysmal darkness.

Dimitri's Dreamt wildly of fascinating tears. He was just a bystander when He saw himself walking down the street innocently. He walked with himself in the shadows of his body, admiring that beautiful day. He Deep deep blue sky, Adored the Oddly shaped clouds, making weird designs. Dimitri tried to get the attention of his dream-self but couldn't seem to. Why did It seem to similar to what him? As if he actually did walk down this road before. The cruchy leafs they stepped on were perfect for the season, right before winter with the fallen leafs. The leafs were an orangy brown color, the tell-tale sign of Fall. He kept walking and head sirens."Emergency!" he said. But Dimitri's Dream self didn't do as much as take an unsightly look. Dimitri's dream-self was holding a bundle of roses and flowers. At last, Dimitri remembered why it was all so familiar. The amazing fall day , the cool breeze, the clear sky, and the sirens. It was His mother's Birthday and they had just walked around the corner. "Oh.. No, Nooo!" Dimitri ran, as did his Dreamself. He rushed up to the scene, There was a crashed car, pools of blood spotted the ground like an artist's paintbrush splashing upon a canvas. Dimitri inspected the two, unknown but another one was on the ground. He saw his dreamself already on the third one. Dimitri saw his dreamself offer a rose from the bundle he had. The lady took the rose and smiled. He looked down at the lady, with warm blurring sights of tears fogging his eyes, and fiery water streaming down his cheeks. She whispered the last words with her last sight. "I love you". Dimitri's Dreamself cried over her as he did, being taken away while the ambulance took her away. That day, it was Dimitri's last time He saw Jessika's Green eyes, the last time His mother smiled at him.

Dimitri nearly woke up crying to a constant nudge, it was His sister and she looked like she understood what he dreamt. He got up groggily, and sat up, as she sat down next to him. She hesitantly spoke, unsure what to say.

References: http://www.xanga.com/Maverick68/682058101/item.html (continuation)
    http://www.xanga.com/Maverick68/673526883/item.html

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
    Theazninvasion68

(again sorry for triple post?)
    Chapter 3

The room was a blurry mix to Dimitri. He got up and looked around with a long sigh; All he saw was his desk, anything on the desk was practically blurred out by the dark blue wallcolor. He particularly enjoyed the color because Dimitri closed the blinds so it'd be dark in the morning, as keep that way whenever the magnificent sun rose above the mountain range, bleeding in that Glorious and redeeming light into his room. Dmitri kept a collection of Rubies and crystals. Something about their clear design, colorful shapes, and their rarity sought his attention. He kept a good collection. He kept them in their boxes at the moment, He wasn't expecting any company within the season to visit the house. He looked over to see why his sister had awoke him from his terrible dream. By now, he could see crystal clear and saw her vibrant green eyes. He chuckled slightly, as they reminded him of what he just dreamt. Dimitri's sister finally mustered up the courage to speak what she had wanted to say.

"I know what you had dreamt..." She spoke with sorrow and caution. "I know it because when i walked in...you were sleep talking." He looked at her with an odd looking face, still curious as to why she awoke him. "Well, if you weren't such a stalker, I'm sure I wouldn't this groggy and why did you wake me? What time is it?" he said in a raspy and dry voice. He didn't like being awoken needlessly and would pursue the cause, even if it pissed off his sister.

"I came because i couldn't sleep, I had changed into a new set of pj's and saw a photo on the wall. It was our mother, you and I at my 15th birthday. I remembered that day clearly and remembered what mother used to do. As I heard your door shut, I remembered how she used to tell you to be such the gentlemen that girls would love. Oh has she taught you well, haha; anyway I also remembered how she would carry me from the car to my room if we fell asleep in the car, as dad would carry you too." She smiled and laughed slightly, wanting to hug Her brother for some strange reason of nostalgia. She sighed then spoke in a more serious voice. Dimitri always enjoyed his sister's voice. It was soft and not much of a high pitch voice but a calm pitch, It wasn't to deep as it was light. " I wrote a note and left it on your door after that thought...Going back to my room and laying on my bed, I couldn't sleep at all brother. I couldn't, so I looked here Sara sleeps, next to dad, even in the same spot. I went back to my room crying, all the thoughts of how she raised us..taught us, and what she hasn't..."
    She began to tear up. Dimitri wiped a few tears from her eyes. " I laid in my bed for a few hours crying....I nearly passed out until i turned over to take a good look of the night before Dawn came. It seemed though as the time was for the Darkest of the night had came and was passing. I couldn't..couldn't take it anymore!" she was sobbing and hugged Dimitri warmly with her embrace. It felt cold to him, had she been out for a while? He hugged her back and stroked her hair gently, and commented gently in her suffocating sadness. "There....there...Ahh don't worry, I'm here for you..." He always was mystified on her curly her hair was, and the skin was in great shape, soft as a skilled tailor could sow a silk gown, smooth as fine leather. it was tan but had a pale hint on it. She nodded in his arms, and sat once more, next to him. Her eyes had a bit of red from the tears he noticed. She spoke as she did once more, " I...I ran outside, because mother was cremated, and her ashes were blown away in the wind...remember? Um.. I ran outside, wishing for her warm embrace, Dimitri, it's been only months and I miss it so much already! Even her annoying perfume she had whenever she went with dad to a banquet. I walked back in, it was chilly outside but standing there, there was a strange warmth in the air. I walked into your room, because i felt like there was no one else that would understand, and I didn't want to wake Father and Sara up." She laid down across his bed, sighing as she cleared whatever tears remained. He kept sitting there, he didn't like how She had their mother's eyes with the fact that they were red. The Red ruined it for him that morning. He looked over, with a worried but assuring look on his face.

"Thanks for..telling me this" He said, unknown what to do precisely. " I..I had a dream where our mother..you know.." She nodded to his relief. " I feel you're pain...I miss her as much as you do.." Dimitri was really stumped on what to say. "I don't know what else to say, sister, Just keep looking forward and appreciate all that mother did for us...I suppose."

He saw the light bleed gently though the blinds into the wall. Dimitri got up and stretched abit. He guessed it to be around 6. It was lifting fog as it seemed to clear away quickly, however, the wind picked up and it brought the air to a chilling dance. He turned around to his sister and saw her passed out. He smiled and covered her in his blanket gently; Dimitri whispered softly "Guess I'll be taking a slow walk by myself...heh, the cold helps numb the pain..." She kept snoozing off. Dimitri took his wallet and cellphone with him, dressed up in his clothing and warm wintry attire. He kissed his sister on the forehead and went downstairs, Taking the note she had left on the door, and opened the oak door before him; with the wild tree's dancing with the wind at sight, he took a few steps out and shut the door.

Theazninvasion68

Chapter 4

The furious wind blew across the area Dimitri walked. Cold, The tree branches were holding on to their once lush green leafs. As they fell away, the tree's silently accepted as the wind's crys taunted the trees. Dimitri zipped up His jacket, shivering as the sharp cool wind cut through His clothing as if it were nothing. He felt lonely, as his sister did. Who else had lost their mother innocently from a drunk driver who also died? He didn't know anyone, Not a single soul to talk to except his sister. He kept walking quickly, up the hill to the local park. The tree's kept dancing with the wind, leaf less almost. The leafs that had fallen, the Orange-brown color that had plagued all of of them. The crunch they gave were crisp, but some were softer as they have not hardned yet. Dimitri liked being in the cold, it numbed his pain of remembering such terrible things, but he refused to let them go. He could see is breath and pretended he was smoking, he laughed abit on the inside. He yelled out to see if anyone was around to hear him, but the echo's was the only thing that replied. The dead silence had a terrifying rhythm to it, it made him nervous. The park was at the small distance away, hurrying his pace to the park, he thought he heard a soul being carried away with the light fog.
    He say at the park swings, swinging himself. He remembered how his parents would swing Dimitri and sister back and forth when they were just children, and not teenagers. He remembered how only dad could only show up at His 15th birthday. His sister's birthday, earlier that year was awesome. It was at the bowling ally and back in the early spring. He couldn't remember the scores but he didn't care, he didn't like bowling that much but tried because it was her sister's birthday. Dimitri didn't know why her sister acted as if she were a year younger than she really was, but he liked it, It made him feel like an older brother that he always wanted to be. He kept swinging and brought out his wallet. Taking out some photo's to look at for nostalgia's sake, He saw his last prom date photo, His best friend Brielle's photograph with her date, and a few more photo's. He kept staring at the prom photo and how he had gotten there. Dimitri was at a Dinner alone with her. She had worn a fancy red dress to the occasion as Dimitri had brought candles to the table as well. It was a round table, and the scent of lavender was amid the air. The room was a giant painting of heaven; Angels were painted into the walls, as clouds, the sky and the stars far beyond. It was dim light between the two and they had finished the last fruit, an orange. They had flirted for a while eating, Her red lipstick still solidly there while Dimitri's purple suit stayed stainless. The night was young for the two. He got up and keeled before her, As if she was his Queen, princess, The magnificent fire to burn his heart, and hold her hand, kissing the soft skin gently before looking up before her into her eyes. She looked back at him nervously, not knowing what He would say or do. "To prom, my lady, would you like to go with me?" She blushed, almost wanting to yell out yes but instead leaned down and whispered "yes" and then they sealed the promise. The angel's flew and cried joyously as they saw the couples silhouettes.
    Dimitri smiled, He enjoyed that memory of being dressed up fancy and with a special way of saying yes. He grinned as he notice the sky had a hint of light in it, sunrise. Looking east, the sun was about to bleed it's Glorious light into the valley, vanquishing all the darkness that had been there in the light's absence. He put the photo's back into his wallet, and took out the note. Before he opened the last fold, he heard footsteps and turned around.

Theazninvasion68

Chapter 5.

Dimitri turned around, with a sigh of relief when it was only his sister. He was curious to why she was there when she had just fallen asleep! Nonetheless she her black and blue sweater and some jeans, standing in the cold.
    "What..What are you doing out here? I thought you had fallen asleep in the warm comforts of our home?" Dimitri spoke, with a cold shiver in his voice.
    "I didn't fall asleep, silly, I'd just passed out. I felt something on my forehead and shortly after, I heard a loud bang on the door, and probably guessed that was you. So i got dressed and came to see what you were up too!" She said calmly. It seemed as though she was warm enough as she sat down next to him, swinging on the swing gently.
    "Well then" Dimitri started "let's see what'cha wrote on this paper."

Anxiously, He opened the paper from it's last fold. The paper was attempting to escape Dimitri's grasp but the sides were held firmly from being blown away. The words were written in red pen. He Lifted his feet off the ground and swung alittle. He warmed up on the inside alittle, after reading the red inked words. He looked at his sister who was sitting there, doing what Dimitri did, sit there and enjoy the cold encasement of the chill, numbing the pain. She was thinking in her own little world, confident in what she wrote would be the best thing he's read all this year! He shivered as he smiled at her, wondering what to do.

"Misha...Wanna go back inside? Wouldn't wantcha to get sick! c'mon!" Dimitri whispered loudly, and ironicly as she just had gotten to the swings.
    She nodded, getting up as he did and walking together back home. Knowing that Dimitri had read the paper made Misha feel pretty warm and relieved on the inside, not even the peircing cold could scratch the warmth. Dimitri confidently walked, cheered up from the morning only a couple of hours ago.
    The sun had lit the sky into the radiant blue color, which the sun flooded the calm rested Earth with it's Glorious benelovent light. The shadows that once hid across the land were hiding from the light, ignorant to it's cleasing warmth.

Dimitri and Misha had finally walked home, after playing around with random sticks and shoving into the street, playfully. Dimitri opened the door, letting Misha in immdiately and then him. They sat on the couch, looking friged and cold, shivering, Misha got up and got a spare blanket for him and herself. they laughed, thinking that they'd freeze to death. The soft silk blanket provided much comfort. Dimitri looked up and asked why did she get the longer couch while he only got he single seating, that was much smaller thought he was taller than she was. Misha shrugged, saying how she got it first and snuggled into her blanket. After a while of silence, the deafning noise was starting to bother him. He rested his head back and relaxed, saying outloud quietly. "Thanks for the note... It did seem all was lost, with everything to fear..." He saw the light bleed into the room clearly now, he looked to his side; he read the note once more, And then he saw the darkness absorb his eyesight, slowly falling into sleep, to a dreamers infinity.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    Theazninvasion68

Chapter 6.

The air was a cool early morning in the spring, and Dimitri was up at Dawn, Admiring the distant little stars that twinkle through-out the omniscient dark sky. Dimitri loved the night sky, the revelations that were covered by the Brilliant stalwart sky by the sun's Glorious eternal burning passion of light, were revealed in all it's entirety for all to discover the shining stars, so distant and unmoving. Brent had called him out, to come back inside and get some stuff, preparing leave for work. He ran back inside to fully get ready for the day ahead of him.

Dimitri had woken so early to prepare to work, He worked in a Hospital as some sort of paper filer. As a part time job, organizing the names of people who recently were injured. He was alone in a hallway, organizing and filing the lifeless documents into their respected folders. He enjoyed the work, oddly, The peace, silence and intervals between the stack often gave him a chance to wonder off with his dreams, or think through life. Time seem to fly by more often than not. He looked at the clock, seeing that it was only noon, but one hour left to go. He recalled that he had to pick up an order of a mystery gift, He asked that the gift be wrapped and with a tag, titled " The gift of joy, the many gifts of joy". Dimitri anxiously looked at the clock again, it was only Five till. Relieved, he went through the maze of hallways to find his way out and fill out his work-time card. Brent bid-him farewell to a pleasant day outside, and that he'll see him home later.

Dimitri went to the gift shop down the street, excitedly to pick up the gift. The gift made him feel so fluttery in his tummy, gleeful that the day was going wondrously, With a smile and ignorantly joyous grin. Walking further, he came across the destination. It was the first date between she and Dimitri, and He was in a world of nervousness. Did he smell bad? Did he smell like the hospital? Was his hair looking fine? Did the assortment of clothing he wore match? He gave out a long-drawn sigh and walked up the pathway to the door, renouncing all his petty fears; Confidently, he knocked on the door and waited.
    The door opened, it was her. She was really excited to see him but she didn't expect it coming from him! She put the brilliantly red colored gift beside the door outside and embraced him, thanking him for the gift. He shrugged it off like it was just a petty present, He was overly prideful on his ability to think of a such a gift. They walked down the pathway, on a stroll to the local restaurant where they shared a dim-lit dinner. They shared quite the assortment of endearments, copious amounts of sly flirting and a pinch of clever wittiness nudged between the two. Joyful and lightly stuffed with food, the couple digested each other's warming presence. Dimitri had a look into her soft brown eyes, a gentle look of innocent love, Genuine as his heart was content. The time had flew and she had to return home, distancing her from him. He paid the bill against the lady's request to pay, but the girl knew the stereotypical rules and gave in. They walked out side by side, enjoying the cool peaceful breeze. Strolling slowly home, and down the pathway, they were a tad-quiet. She thanked him for one last look, smiling and sharing a few last comments. She embraced him as she did and giggled warmly, again thanking him with her gratitude. He welcomed her as if it were nothing but Dimitri had puppy-love look on his face. Though they no longer hugged they haven't let go. He felt the breeze once more as he grinned, laughing nervously before giving in, looking at her. He leaned in abit, edging the kiss to seal their deal. Hopeful, tender and nervous, he felt like a ripe orange. What he felt however, was a shove.
    Dimitri looked up to see what was wrong, shaking his head in denial; Feeling as though his heart went sour, Squeezed up of his soul, It had felt long past the stage of being so ripe to him
    She sighed, unable to describe what she wanted to say. It seemed as if she was an animated statue, the cold air with the disdain ability to not speak a word. The door opened on them as a Fiery bright light had flashed them. There was a figure standing there, quietly shocked at the sight of the two. She walked back slowly to him.
    Suddenly, His world came crashing in him.
    "No...! How could you..." Dimitri cried, looking into her eyes with a touch of a watery filter. "I thought...that.."
    The girl shook her head slowly, sadly, but surly. She stepped in front of the bleeding bright light that had caused the troublesome heart-ache to him. He couldn't gather his mind to believe it, Never did she tell, Never did it show. He shut his eyes, at his best trying to stop the gathering of a small trail of tears on his soft and smooth cheek.
    "I'm..Sorry.." She said, in a bashful voice. She turned away and hugged the figure behind her, as the figure behind her, both silhouetted by the Bold bright light, shut the door on him, gently.
    Dimitri walked off the porch to the house that he began to forsake, renouncing all that he remembered it by. He noticed that the gift was left outside still, and wiped a few tears from his eyes as he walked home. It was the last time he looked down cornerstone st. and blueshell ave. Consolidating in his own frustration, he kept walking , his head looked down. The sun had slowly set, and the chill air annoyed him. He looked up to a glaring bright light and heard a car-horn.

Dimitri had awoke with a terrible freight, his eyes quickly opening to see the everlasting glory of the ascending light. As Quick as his eyes had opened, they clamped shut as the sun's rays were beating their invisible drum of intensity into his eyes, blinding him quickly as he sat up immediately. Dimitri's hair was a mess, as he tried to adjust his vision to clearly see the room. It took him a while, sighing a long drawn out breath. He was so glad it was but only a dream, despising the fact it was a memory that had gone so sour and twisted on him to relive upon him in a dreamy sleep. He looked around for the time. It was early afternoon and Brent had probably gone to work by now. Sara had left a yellow note on the fridge. Dimitri got up stretched, cracking a few bones quietly to assist in the reawakening of the once dormant body.The cool carpet below his feet warmed rapidly to the sudden bodily presence. He looked over to where Misha was; Sleeping on her couch. She was giggling alittle, in her dream, she probably had a pleasant fun one. He smiled, walking to the yellow note left on the fridge, He wondered what Misha was dreaming of. He came across a thought and almost made him gag. "that'd be..." he started, in his mind. " Totally..wrong, Gross!! " He shook the thought away and read the note.

"Dimitri, I went out to help a friend out in need. Could you make everyone potato salad for lunch? We should have everything at home. Thank you.
    -Love, Sara!"

"Great", he thought, "I have to make food...hmm, lets see." He opened the pantry. There was a few pots, and pans, some seasoning and some other junk that he didn't know how to cook. He shut the door quietly and opened the fridge. He thought to himself in a solemnly and paticently " Apples? Check. Eggs? Check. Mayonnaise? check..Potatoes...." He suddenly stopped and sighed, rubbing his forehead with his right palm. He spoke to himself outloud "Great, im suppose to make Potato salad for lunch without potatoes?!" He shook his head and looked at the clock. 11:50 AM. "Perfect!" He thought, He could walk to the grocery store, pick up some potatoes and not disappoint his stepmother at all with lunch! It was all within reasonable time and he quickly grabbed his wallet and the note. He left the house with haste and shivered as he began the journy.
    The sky was cloudless and the abysmal blue sky stretched profoundly. Walking into the store, he remembered the note that was written to him. He scoured the place to steal a sheet of paper and write back a note for Misha to read when she woke up. Walking down the "supplies" isle, he looked around for any cameras or anyone in sight. None. Dimitri ripped a piece of paper and found a spare pen near the pharmacy. He had poor penmanship but was determined to make the best of what he could do, and it actually didn't look bad at all. Except he didn't notice he didn't write along the lines. He laughed and folded the two pieces of paper neatly into his left pocket, and picked up the potato's he needed.
    On His way home, he wondered how Jessika would've made it, to see if he missed anything. He pressed the button on the stoplight and waited. Looking up, He saw a a pair of birds, flying closely to each other as if they were one. He savored the sight, the beautiful nature of animals that they can show. He took a step forward after seeing the red hand fade into the black veil of darkness. Dimitri heard a familiar noise. It was a car, and the roar of the engine didn't settle the fear. He turned to make sure that it wasn't going to collide with him, but when Dimitri had looked, it was too late.
    Dimitri didn't have time to jump away, so he braced as much as he could, closing his eyes before he was rammed by the car. The sudden pressure and force ushered the wind out of him, and the next thing he felt was a tremendous thud against a pole and a slipping consciousness.
    he looked up and saw a tree, gloomily dancing with the wind above, and saw the bystanders in shock of his accident. The movements of the people seem to blur them in and out of focus. He couldn't move from his shock, but not that he wanted too. Dimitri's kindheartedness begged him to smile helplessly to the bystanders, mustering up a faint and weak smile. He pulled out the piece of paper from his pocket, and felt the pain electrify his confused mind. His arm felt out of place, as he opened the note to read to himself. He heard sirens like a meteor coming to crash into the unknowing innocent Earth. He held on the piece of paper and read until the last word, before the darkness overcame him in his eyes, and his mind, slipping off into unconsciousness. The note he held fell to the bladed green grass slowly, like a drifting leaf, gliding down from the wind. It laid on the ground next to him opened.

It read: "Three months today. I'm glad things aren't like they used to be, aren't you? I used to be really scared, but I'm not anymore..Thank you. I'm also glad that mother taught you how to be such the gentleman you are today. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if you were never born. It'd be heck of alot more lonely.
    -Love, Misha.

P.s Sorry for being so mean to you, pushing you out my room."

/end (Finished this at 5:34am!)

Comments, Criticism, ALL welcomed!

Thank you for reading my story.

-Maverick68 work.

Theazninvasion68

Sequel? =O

Dimitri saw a small gap in his vision, seeing a bright light approaching him, yet keeping it's Distance from him. He saw the blurry outline of people next to him, and the earsplitting sound the sirens ringing in his head. The red and stunning light blurred any other thing he saw. "Great..." He thought, before quickly succumbing to the Abysmal Darkness of the mind. He floated in and out of the restless dream he saw, Numb from any pain, Apathetic to the rest of the world. The blurry pictures were like a slide show to his mind. The first being in the Vehicle of Sirens, the sled of small lights and people yelling out unrecognizable words. He wanted to say and ask them what happened to him, but his throat was dry and voice barely louder than a raspy whisper. Everything seemed slower than they should be. The lights He passed took what felt minutes, Each emotion, each figure moved with unearthly slow speed. Dimitri felt His heart, It was racing but each beat was strong, yet an orchestrated perfection of emergency reaction.
    He felt like he stopped moving. He no longer felt any medical bondage of him, no voices, no nerves to feel. He opened his eyes to see himself on a Table, Doctors furiously figuring what else is wrong with the soul-less body that lay before them. There was a bloody mess, Half naked, bloodied and severely bruised. He looked away in sorrowful shock. He wanted to yell out to them that he was gone, in a fury of tears. It seemed as though nothing happened, It seemed as though they had heard nothing. Dimitri always wanted to know what it would feel like to be the last person to live on earth, like a ghost. He smiled pathetically at the condition he wished for. He looked at once his body and sighed, The poor doctors seemed like they had much to work on, so many to do, Dimitri wanted to leave. To his Surprise, he did in fact leave.

He wanted to go home to comfort Misha, worried of the news would by now reach home. At least seeing her would comfort him. As soon as the thought of going flushed his mind, saturated and filled his mind, He closed his ghostly eyes and opened them up, being there as he was. He walked around, looking eagerly for his sister. Everything seemed a shade of black and white, with a blue hue filter over it. He walked through walls, jumped up to the second story. It seemed quite odd that so few parts of the house he saw in actual color. He walked down a hall way, the one between His room and Misha's room. It was colored faintly and lead to around the corner. Though it felt surging, uplifting, and pulsating. It also felt so real, the plaster on the wall, the cool wooden floor, the life-filled air. The world also seemed to feel as if he were there, yet, when he looked down, it felt as though he was empty, a fallen soul, lifeless. He was the black and white ghost, with the blue hue painted to his fingers. It looked as if it were a cloudy figure in perfect curves of a human figure. Dimitri walked around the corner, it lead to the outside door, and spotted small patches of the color were there. He remembered this pathway and kept his pace as he walked up the way. The bushes and sticks made no sound however, no notice to his presence there. None at all. He truly was a Spirit, long gone from his Earthly shell.The realization to him filled him with a pinch of grief, a frown as it took upon him.

He looked up at the sky, as it were a vortex of clouds and souls in a black background of space., but with a black sun at the center of it. A circle of fire engulfed the lining of it, and there was a small light in the very center of it. He kept looking at the light, as it provided a sense of hope, enlightenment, Divinity through fire. But the sun itself was nothing but a object, No waves of the glorious magnificent light that soaked the earth in all it's burning desire of life, No everlasting warm rays striking His skin with any radiance. He kept walked as the spots of color dotted the place.

He walked until he saw the opening and walked out. It was Misha. More importantly, It was Misha sitting down near the pond, and another Spirit! Dimitri wanted to demand the actions that he had done to bring her here and demand Justice be served, why the spirit dare to be with His sister. Floundering in his need to know, he began to march towards them; when he took one step forward, The other soul turned around, and so did Misha, and then the world flew past him in a quick blur. Dimitri didn't know what to expect as he closed his eyes.

He felt everything at a distant field of yellow flowers. surrounded by the light without a sun. He looked straight forward and then down. For miles he saw nothing but the field, and the sky above him was blurred to a crisp cloud high in the sky; Yet the sky was but a washout color of whiteness and seemed almost limitless. The ground was warm, and the flowers were ever so vibrant, soaking in the Glorious Light's Righteousness and pureness. He saw one in particular, of the whole field he saw ahead of him. It was a Rose. Curiously, he leaned down to pick it up in admiration. "Heh...Would Ma' Love to hold this flower..." Spoke Dimitri before he realized and stood up, feeling a strange presence, yet a motherly comforting one. Dimitri wanted so eagerly to turn around to see who it was until he noticed something. He looked at the flowers, with small words written. " Don't turn around sweetheart..." Dimitri stood still as ever, feeling the strange essence that loomed right behind him..

"Mother...." Dimitri started admittly. "...I...I'm sorry.." Dimitri said bashfully, with his sorrowful voice filling up. "I..I suppose I failed to promise you what I had said I would...by being here..." The essence giggled and kept being still. "Forgive me, I've..done my best I could and I als-" Dimitri was interrupted by a strange overwhelming force within him. The essence behind Dimitri spoke in Jessika's tone, In her voice. "You've not failed me yet, my shining son." He felt his heart glow, enamenate from his chest to rest of his body, lighting his soul with a firey essence, all the way to the toes of his legs, to the very strands of hair on his head. "You've done well so far and..." The Essence turned around to kiss His cheek, and hugged him lightly, filling his mind with a brilliant luminosity. "...And it's not your time yet, hehe.." Dimitri saw the essences hand, the smooth skin. It was much to much for Dimitri to hold in and turned around quickly, only to find himself slowly awakening in a hospital bed; Dizzy.

He couldn't feel the world around him, as he looked around, but could see Misha and his father to be there, next to him. He saw the glowing uproar of joyous smiles to see dimitri wake up before their very eyes.