should they legalize marijuana?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Dec 6, 2004.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Do you think they should legalize marijuana? Why or why not?

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I can't give a straight answer, but if they are going to keep alchohol legal, they should do the same for marijuana. I'm defiently not anti-drug, but alchohol and marijuana should be illegal in my opinion, putting aside my liking for both.

I wish they were harmless, but some people just don't think about what they are doing. People just don't realize that you can't keep bending the rules and take it a step further all the time. Bending the rules can lead you to harder drugs or making flat-out bad decisions.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I don't think they should legalize it.
    What good would it do?

I'm still 12 so most of my opinions will be based on how I've been brought up, I don't really think for myself yet :wth:

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

you said what good it would do, the fact is if they legalize it, they can control it, if its illegal its harder to control, if they have it under control they can put the energy they have to put in it while its illegal and they have to chase it round into catching more murderers, child abusers, hard drug barons. fact is there a people who will always smoke it, so its better to have that market controlled as i said then wild.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

^^ It's true they will always smoke it, it would be better if it was controlled but still I think maybe it would have lots of disadvantages than advantages?

I know nothing about drugs so just another ignorant person's view ^_^

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

They've done it here for years, and nobody has problems with it. You can only have 2 weed-plants in your house, or else it will be illegal

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

In belgium they illegalized it for a few months now , I think. I don't see a reason why they did it. First it was the same as in Holland.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I couldn't care either way. I hate the stink, but it's also as harmless as alcohol, so why not? Meh. Doesn't affect me.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Alcohol isn't harmless. Like most drugs, it can seriously screw you up.

Anyway, I'm for legalizing marijuana, for the medical benefits and for casual use. I don't see why it shouldn't be legal, and if it is legal it can be controlled.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

They should for medical purposes but not so potheads can spend a couple hours in a basement sitting around getting high.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

But the thing is, if they're just lying around, who's it harming?

I'm for legalizing the medical and recreational use of marijuana under government supervision.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Yeah, just try and tell that to the person who has had a liver failure. :rolleyes:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Yeah, just try and tell that to the person who has had a liver failure. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    I was in a hurry, so I wrote that wrong. My apologies.

What I meant was; alcohol causes alot of terrible things (death, disease, etc), and it's still legal. Marijuana causes little problems (none very close to alcohol), and it's illegal. Since marijuana is no more harmful than alcohol, why not legalize it?

And I really don't appreciate the rolleyes smilie, Cameron. That's uncalled for. You know I'm smarter than that, and that I obviously wouldn't actually think alcohol wasn't harmful. Anyone with an iota of an IQ would know that.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Make it only available over the counter. And put an age on it. There you go.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

it really wouldnt affect me either, but i do think it should be legal. people are getting arrested for smoking it, but if its in a controlled environment, its really not hurting anyone.

"Marijuana, another thing that they've done tests on, you know, every administration does the test. It always comes back the same thing. It makes you eat cookie dough. OK, that one needs more testing."

i <3 bill maher

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I was in a hurry, so I wrote that wrong. My apologies.

What I meant was; alcohol causes alot of terrible things (death, disease, etc), and it's still legal. Marijuana causes little problems (none very close to alcohol), and it's illegal. Since marijuana is no more harmful than alcohol, why not legalize it?

And I really don't appreciate the rolleyes smilie, Cameron. That's uncalled for. You know I'm smarter than that, and that I obviously wouldn't actually think alcohol wasn't harmful. Anyone with an iota of an IQ would know that. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed, Marijuana is less harmful than Alcohol.

Runawy

Runawy Well-Known Member

Legalize it. Why not? If alcohol is legal then weed should be too. Plus it has medicinal benefits... I really don't see a problem with it.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

How is it controlled when made legal?

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

How is it controlled when made legal? [/b][/quote]
    they were thinking about legalizing it here in nevada. they wanted it to be controlled though, so you cant smoke it in public places and you can only have a limited amount in your possesion.

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

I don't care either way because its not going to affect me unless you are talking about in the Uk but I still think it should be legalised.