should they legalize marijuana?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Dec 6, 2004.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

But the thing is, if they're just lying around, who's it harming?

I'm for legalizing the medical and recreational use of marijuana under government supervision. [/b][/quote]
    Umm...What if they're not just lying around?

I'm neutral not for anything because I don't understand it...I always thought alcohol was better than marijuana :mellow:

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Umm...What if they're not just lying around?

I'm neutral not for anything because I don't understand it...I always thought alcohol was better than marijuana :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    No way.
    Like any substance, marijuana can be abused. The most common problem attributed to marijuana is frequent overuse, which can induce lethargic behavior, but does not cause serious health problems. Marijuana can cause short-term memory loss, but only while under the influence. Marijuana does not impair long-term memory. Marijuana does not lead to harder drugs. Marijuana does not cause brain damage, genetic damage, or damage the immune system. Unlike alcohol, marijuana does not kill brain cells or induce violent behavior. Continuous long-term smoking of marijuana can cause bronchitis, but the chance of contracting bronchitis from casual marijuana smoking is minuscule. Respiratory health hazards can be totally eliminated by consuming marijuana via non-smoking methods, i.e., ingesting marijuana via baked foods, tincture, or vaporizer.
    PyRoMaNiaK, you make a convincing statement. Change of opinion here: As long as assholes ain't blowing that shit in my face, I'm cool I guess.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Mark, it's just an emoticon. Try not to lose sleep just because I used it. ;)

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

How do you know that marijuana is less damaging than alcohol?

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I found a website that tells you about the effects versus drinking. Check out my paragraph on this page.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I think what people need to realize is: It doesn't matter if we have pot or not, stupid people are still going to be stupid either way. They are going to still be throwing their lives away.

What I hate are kids who brag about being stoned everyday in school. For one, if your such a big dopehead, why do you talk about it all the time? Most people who know where to get the good shit and really do get "messed up" everyday don't brag about it because it's nothing new. Besides, who wants to deal with someone bragging about it in front of random people? Not anyone I know.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I hear ya'. Last thing I need is some 13 year old telling me he smoked weed last night. Good job, stupidass. Nobody else seems to be bragging except for you.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

YES Marijuana should be legalized. not only would it save a WHOLE LOT of pretty good kids from fellonies (MJ is a fellony here in NV) it has also never killed anyone and is SOOOOOOO much better than alcohol! i think if anything MJ should be legal and alcohol should be illegal. but you don't see that going on the ballot.

this last month i was soooooo sick. i was throwing up every two mins, i smoked a little pot and it is amazing how much better i felt. im not kidding i couldn't even keep down water and after i got a little hight i could eat and drink a little.

those kinds of affects are wonderful. i cant think of anything else that will do that.

alcohol on the other hand only harms. i know ppl who have almost died of alcohol poisoning (me included) and ppl who have almost killed other ppl while being intoxicated.

i say if we have such a readily available, WAY WAY more harmful drug out there, what is the harm in having a little pot?

Vampire

Vampire Banned

You want alcohol to be illegal? You, my friend, are scaring me. :mellow:

Holiday

lol i didnt say that. im not a prohabitionist or anything. i like drinking occationally(except i tend to get myself into trouble lol). i was just saying that MJ is way better than alcohol and that it doesnt really make sense to have MJ illegal and alcohol not. thats all hehehe

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Mark, it's just an emoticon. Try not to lose sleep just because I used it. ;) [/b][/quote]
    I see we've returned to the vintage Cameron days of smartassed condescension? Alright, fine. Go ahead. I hope it gets you far.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I see we've returned to the vintage Cameron days of smartassed condescension? Alright, fine. Go ahead. I hope it gets you far. [/b][/quote]
    Mark, take it easy there captain.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Mark, take it easy there captain. [/b][/quote]
    I'm sorry. I just didn't like being disrespected. A simple apology would've been fine, on Cameron's part. I guess it's pointless to ask for that, or to even continue this.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Not that my opinion means anything whatsoever, but I think we should just forget about it. It's an emoticon, no big deal, I'm sure Cameron didn't mean it in "disrespect." Let's just have a big hug and move on :hugz: ^_^

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Link just read my mind, I swear.

Anyone that knows at least a little bit about US history would know what happened when they did that in the '20s: It all went underground, and the crime rate shot up the wazoo.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I think you're stoned.

Marijuana does help you clean your nose out (not in that way, you crackheads).

YOU WILL RESPECT MARK'S AUTHORITY!

Holiday

LOL im not stoned! :lol: :teehee: :innocent:

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

How is it controlled when made legal? [/b][/quote]
    look at holland, they sell it in coffee shops etc. they do bust you though if you grow it in bigger amounts (if somebody talks to them about your little green room) but apparently you just might spend nite in a cell and loose some money that you shall soon recover anyways.(my ex was dutch so this is still limited knowlege, maybe dutch posters could collaborate on that better).
    but maybe they should controll it the same way they control alcohol and tobacco market.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I found a website that tells you about the effects versus drinking. Check out my paragraph on this page. [/b][/quote]
    Oh yeah...always trust what's on the internet :rolleyes:

:lol: Just kidding.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Okay. :mellow: I don't see your point. Could you elaborate? [and I'm dead tired so maybe I'm just stupid at the moment]