should they legalize marijuana?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Dec 6, 2004.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think it should be legal. I have a couple of friends who use it and they get paranoid, sometimes, when they're afraid that they're going to get caught. Obviously, while under the influence, my friends have done some pretty stupid things. I think that, if it's made legal, it should be controlled, like everyone else said. However, you're not going to stop the people who already act like they're high all the time from doing even crazier things when they get the additional high from the drug itself (such as driving a car into a 30,000 mile-deep ravine in the middle of the desert at 120 lightyears-per-hour).

...:lol:

Burningsoul

Burningsoul Well-Known Member

I think it should be legalized. Not that i know alot about it but i think that like alot of things, if you legalize it, it takes away the excitement and not as many younger people would do it.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Okay. :mellow: I don't see your point. Could you elaborate? [and I'm dead tired so maybe I'm just stupid at the moment] [/b][/quote]
    they are talking about prohabition. it was passed in the 1920's and so alcohol was illegal. everyone had to get it through the crime lords. speakeasys were rampid and ppl were dying cuz they were trying to make home-made whiskey in their bathtubs and the bathtubs were exploding.

i hope that answers at least a lil bit

read The Great Gatsbey, it is set in that time period. :)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Okay. :mellow: I don't see your point. Could you elaborate? [and I'm dead tired so maybe I'm just stupid at the moment] [/b][/quote]
    I was just giving an example of what happened when alcohol was illegal, that's all. ;)

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Thanks you two, but I'm fully aware of Prohibition and The Great Gatsby. I thought there was a point beyond the given facts. Thanks anyway.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

You're supposed to smoke crack, usually. :p

ccitb

ccitb Well-Known Member

My opinion (based on my own experiences) here in Germany next to the border to the netherlands):
    I know lots of people who are driving to holland on a regular basis to buy some pot coz it's legal there. anyone (including the police) knows that. but of course it's illegal to import it to Germany. but it's like no one cares (...yeah, there are people to control, but not often). it's very very easy to get some weed here, and where I use to hang around on the weekends, there is a "Kiffer-Ecke" (that means two banks where everyone comes to smoke some pot) that is just a block away from the police. and I've never heard of them to control it or to try to stop it.
    maybe it's that they say "oh, well, we know where it is and what happens there, so we know that they don't do it in public".

I think that if it goes on like that, they could better legalize it, coz what they do at the moment seems a bit ridiculous to me.

p.s. I just read a flyer today which told me all the consequenses of importing weed and smoking weed, and in my opinion it's not that different from what alcohol does to us.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

As with alcohol, marijuana is fine when it is used with moderation. I think that legalizing it will also ensure that the plant hasn't been laced with hard drugs like meth or cocaine. Some of my friends have found that out the hard way. If the government sells and regulates it, I think it won't have impact on the number of people using it, either. However, like alcohol, I believe there should be an age limit, at 18....and they should change the drinking age from 19 to 18 in Ontario too, methinks ;)

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I don't see any problem with it really.

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Banned

It's legal in Australia. Your allowed 2 plants on your own property for personal use only.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

well here its 21 because thats when your liver is fully developed.. or so they say

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

well here its 21 because thats when your liver is fully developed.. or so they say [/b][/quote]
    Big deal. It's not like they wont drink it into failure anyway. They'll either replace it or die.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

Big deal. It's not like they wont drink it into failure anyway. They'll either replace it or die. [/b][/quote]
    yeah, i agree

Joanna

Joanna Member

Um, HELL YEAH. When I get my period, I have the most intense cramps in the world. They're so bad, that at times I end up puking my guts out. But after I smoke some weed out of my nice bowl, it's ALLLLL gone. And it's better then paying for the meds I have to take for my cramps.

The irony of my opinion is that a few months ago, I was against weed/pot/or any form of illegal drug. I mean, I could have been the poster child for DARE. It's amazing what college does to you.

Stina

Stina Well-Known Member

In my opinion..it should be legalized. I just think there should be the same laws with it, as alcohol. You have to be a certain age to smoke it..no driving..etc. I mean, if you think about it alcohol can hurt you more..more people become violent while drinking alcohol..than smoking weed. *shrugs* that's just my opinion

salinameteora

salinameteora Well-Known Member

i thougt marijuana wasnt legalized anywhere, only decriminalized which in some way is totally different from each other( dont know how they came about that one) although it is permitted for religious beliefs (rastafarism) to be smoked in some countries. does any countries government know where they actually stand on this subject?

Gaara

Gaara Banned

In Holland you can (legally) buy it everywhere in so called "coffee-shops"
    you cant smoke it in public places, only in special placed (coffee shops) and at home.

Its legal to own it and to have it with you, but you cant hold it out in the open, or use it outside.

I think i works really well, It's not like there are more people who use it because its legal. It's more used instead of a normal sigarret at party's or while skating or something.

EDIT: yeah it's coffee!

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Coffee-shops :p

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Alchool is at 18 here, owned!

Personally, I don't belive marijuana should be legalized.