slipknot

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by linkinpark_ben25, Aug 11, 2005.

linkinpark_ben25

linkinpark_ben25 In Your Face!

if you like slipknot you will know about the before i forget vidio and them showing that they didn't have no masks on, but you couldnt really see their faces

so i was thinking when do you think they will show themselves for the first time, i think we will have to wait a bit longer, i dont think they will show themsleves in the next video, hopefully they might, but i think they wont

what do you think?

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

isn't the "end" of slipknot nearing....... don't get me wrong, I like slipknot, but i thought Corey Taylor said in an interview that after Subliminal Versus, they were going to split up and all do their own thing? so maybe the no mask idea is their way of saying, we're coming to an end, it's time to show our faces, although I think if you look fairly easy on the internet, u can get pictures of them without their masks...... atleast Corey, when he's performing with Stone Sour, and I'm an idiot, but is another Slipknot member in SS as well? :mellow:

linkinpark_ben25

yes, the end of slipknot is coming nearer, but i think that is one good way to end, to show their faces after all that time B)

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

i think that'd be a pretty cool way to go out, aside from people that HAVE seen their faces..... that mystery of "who's behind the mask" is well... mysterious, lol... and would be awesome to reveal themselves.... are they releasing anymore singles or anything, or another album before they call it quits, or is this just about it?

linkinpark_ben25

they are releasing a live album, i dont know about any other releases after that,

will be a shame to see them go :(

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I don't know. If you look at the videos from Vol. Three, you'll see a pattern.

Duality - Masks.
    Vermillion - Masks of their own faces.
    Before I Forget - No masks, but edited to not show their faces.

So, whatever they release next, the pattern could show that they will do it without their masks. I could be completely wrong though.

linkinpark_ben25

well, if they release any other singles, i hope it is pulse of the maggots and they do the video with no masks on, but is edited to not show their faces, but at the end it shows them all with no masks, that would be cool

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

A live video would probably suit Pulse Of The Maggots better.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I believe there was one. It was being played on Scuzz around the time Duality was released, so i doubt it will be a single, but i cold be wrong again.

linkinpark_ben25

a sadder ending, would be danger- keep away, to show their changing, from having masks to showing themselves, like they have been covered up for a long time now they hve finally shown shown themselves

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

From one of the interviews I saw with them, they said that they were going to split up, but it certainly wasn't the end of Slipknot, or something to that effect.

Maybe this means that they'll split up, do their own thing for a few years, then get back together. Who knows.

As far as them unmasking, don't be so hopeful. Those are some ugly guys, if you've ever seen them without their masks. :lol:

PraYer

PraYer Member

What .. they split up?
    Too sad... i hope its not true..

linkinpark_ben25

no, not yet but they are thinking of it. maybe they will have another album, but that might be it

PraYer

PraYer Member

They are not my favourite band number 1, but they make good music and its bad, when the good guys are leaving on the stage.

linkinpark_ben25

prehaps we wont see all their faces after all

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

maybe,maybe not,it won't bother me.They sold out with Subliminal verses.I'm not saying it's a bad album,i enjoy listening to it.It's just a sell out,so slipknot have already ended really.

Branden

Yes, because if a band changes their sound slightly (to in my opinion a sound four thousand times better than that of their old sound) and then THE TELEVISION NETWORKS DECIDE to play their videos, they're automatically a sell-out. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Now, I'm not all that big of a Slipknot fan, so this isn't me supporting them. It's just that people don't seem to realize that just because a band has their video played on television, it doesn't mean they're a sell-out, it just means their video is liked.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

No,they sold out.
    Some sales guys said to Corey after the release of one of their albums,that they should make their sound more radio friendly if they want it to go huge.
    He told them to fuck off

next album,its radio friendly (XX

Branden

I'd personally rather have "radio-friendly" than some non-sense shit about "I'm going to rip out your throat then have anal sex with it in the trash with a dead animal that ate the corpse of you because I hate you fuck you."

That's just me, though.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

I want to slit your throat and fuck the wound

'Nuff said.