Some people disgust me.....

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Oct 21, 2005.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

With what do you agree? Has the statement that "violence leads to nothing" been turned into a solution to end Nazism I haven't learned of yet?

Again, this remembers me of World War 2... Telegrams to tell Hitler "war is bad, peace is good, we are willing to negotiate". Yet we are making the same mistakes once more, or as ever, on a smaller scale. We let the Nazis propagate their message of hate and meanwhile people don't complain about it, they complain about how we'd get rid of what is for sure, an important problem.

Nazism is banned in Germany guys... And is this country having problems with freedom of speech right now? Not really, in fact the ban has worked out pretty well.

When a government is taking the hard line on imams encouraging terrorist actions, it must be consistent in its behavior.

LinkinPark890

LinkinPark890 Banned

thats disguisting. period.

KirbyRockz

KirbyRockz Well-Known Member

Unless they've killed someone over it, they should be allowed to do what they want.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Ah, human rights. All of a human's rights can be traced back to the right to ones personal property. The axiom to all rights is self ownership: you own your body, your mind, the product of your labor, and your words, and only yours. Conversely, this means that you own no one elses words, body, mind, ect. Undermining anyones right to their own words and thoughts is as gross a violation of rights. Words don't physically threaten anyones right to exist, only actions do. Attempting to silence words ends up threatening everyone's rights to their most basic property.

And to your later post, I don't see the point in my repeating myself, but I suppose I must. Nazism was not made popular without the volition of everyone that believed in it. Restricting what people can say or think won't do anything to completely eliminate the word or the thought. Only people's knowledge and reason will make them shun an idea. It makes much more sense, then, to help those people's intellectual needs, than to restrict their rights to speak what they think is right.
    You're right. We are making the same mistakes as before. We think we can bomb a country, or deport radicals, and we think we've eliminated the hate they preach, or the thoughts they think. We haven't. Only through enlightenment will anyone stop believing the rediculous and illogical.

Actually, Germany does have a noticable problem with freedom of speech. Law suits have been filed in the past against historians, teachers, and others who have claimed that the Jewish death count at the end of the Holocaust was lower than the history books say, supposedly having some sort of evidence. Are their claims racist? Possibly. Is it discriminative? Maybe. But does anyone have the right to blacklist them or convict them under law for saying something they believe is true, because it might offend someone? No, no one has the right to, it contradicts their basic right to their most basic property. This sort of logic is appalling. Imagine if we took Germany's reasoning to its logical end. We wouldn't be able to question motives for slavery, economic motives of our forefathers whilst writing the constitution, the justification of the civil war (or honest Abe's suspect domestic policy), and a wide array of things that could possibly be controversial. Now, this case in particular isn't hateful such as Nazism or white supremecy, but the right to say it remains. No matter how wrong or racist it mat seem, as I've stated, restrictive action or "moral violence" doesn't do anything to truly eliminate the hate.