something to read for guitarists out there

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by x__x, Oct 30, 2004.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

They did that at the Inglewood show. The first kid couldn't even play. The second kid just looped the first bit over and over.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what we say, Brad isn't going to change because of it. I personally love Linkin Park's music, and Brad is a part of it. Leave Brad alone and quit saying he can't play/isn't playing his best.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

how can u be ashamed of being an lp fan just because they r in pop charts dont diss it say that the pop ppl r getting smarter and all bands r like that (heavy at first softer later) and there r still many heavy songs so 2 huever is ashamed think y u liked lp in da first place

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I have no idea what you just said, but im just going to take the risc.

People liked Linkin Park in the first place because they were better ;)

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

This is what i mean, sorry if i was way too vague, someone said they were ashamed of being a linkin park fan cuz they r in pop charts... well U SHOULDN'T BE. There are still plenty of heavy songs in meteora so they r still the same band you loved. Hope it's clearer now.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

But Linkin Park/Warner Brothers didnt do the heavier songs as singles, so anyone who dislikes Linkin Park now and doesnt have their album wouldnt know how they sound.

And yeah, they shouldnt be ashamed, because singles of Hybrid Theory were also in the pop charts

People:

Pop = Popular. Not Pop as in boybands dancing in the rain with the same clothes.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Funny thing, I started playing the guitar last year and the first songs I taught myself to play was
    crawling (LP)
    then place for my head(LP)
    then toxicity(SOAD)

I'm still not convinced that Brad is a bad guitarist though. :brad:

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

After listening to a lot of other bands, and then listening / trying to play guitar and stuff, I've realised how easy Brad's job is. I think Mike probably writes the chords etc too.. I think Brad should just do a bit more. Right now, I think Mike and Joe probably do the most in the band, making everything fit and sound so good, and of course Chester for vocals, but LP aren't known for their guitarists coz I think that the guitarists could be very easily replaced.

I do mean the above like by skill, the whole them being friends thing is what keeps LP so good so of course Brad shouldn't be replaced, just saying that it's very easy to because the skill required to take over Brad's part isn't *that* hard.

I'm hoping to see some new styles in their next album, but even if I don't, I won't be disappointed because LP make everything sound good. Even if the guitars could be better, the song works well in the end. I just think it'd be nice to try something new.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Hey I agree with you.I think they are together because they treat each other as friends and not as businessmen *cough*Limpbizkit*cough*
    but Brad has to to something more than what he does now.What does he have the fretboard for?He need not do those Black Sabbath,Metallica type solos which go on for God knows what time but the least he can do is get in atleast a 30 sec solo.What this will do is also increase the length of the songs and it will also prove that LP aren't those guys who depend on synthesisers. What I feel is that Mike and Chester-They know how to play the guitar-should play a bigger role when it comes to guitars.

jmj

jmj Active Member

Brad is in no way a bad guitarist. No one ever said that complex chord patterns or octave scales make a good song. His patterns work well enough, solos have there place... in the 80's. My friends and I argue about stuff like this all the time. Brad's style is modern(power chords, mid-high toned jazz riffs.) and obviouisly people like Slash from the decade of solos and hair bands plays pentatonic scales and chord patterns in solos.

The main focus of LP which they've stated for Meteora was to take there sampling to a new level. If digital samples are what they lean toward of course there guitarist is going to take a slight step back.

The thing about not liking LP because they're in the pop charts is dumb as hell. Almost all great bands have breached the top 40 at some point or another. Give them a break, besides I doubt anyone here can play as good as they say they can. I can't even play as good as I say I can and I've been playing bass/guitar for almost 10 years now.

Remember it's easy to judge someone else, but it's hard to take judgement from someone else.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

LP wouldn't be the band it is now without Brad so NO he can't be easily replaced or even replaced for that matter. At least I don't want him to be replaced but I wouldn't mind if he would improve.....

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

brad isnt a bad guitarist - he just needs to mix it up a bit. the powercord deal is getting a little prodictable

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Great post.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Okay, Dictator Neil. We'll be sure to keep all opinions to ourselves if it appeases you.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

See:
    The End, In.

EDIT: Minus the same clothes.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

See:
    The End, In.

EDIT: Minus the same clothes. [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

See:
    The End, In.

EDIT: Minus the same clothes. [/b][/quote]
    thats mean!
    GRR LP isnt a boy band!
    ....but yeah that was a bad example

and Bran isnt a bad guitarist. in the chorus of "Forgotten" is my favorite guitar part in the world. i think its great. there are some moments Brad shines. but i agree that he should mix it up a bit. personally, i didnt like how Meteora was mixed very well. i couldnt pick out the individual parts as well as i could in HT. it was kinda just like backgrond noise....imo.... :unsure:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

thats mean!
    GRR LP isnt a boy band!
    ....but yeah that was a bad example

and Bran isnt a bad guitarist. in the chorus of "Forgotten" is my favorite guitar part in the world. i think its great. there are some moments Brad shines. but i agree that he should mix it up a bit. personally, i didnt like how Meteora was mixed very well. i couldnt pick out the individual parts as well as i could in HT. it was kinda just like backgrond noise....imo.... :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Minus the dancing.

They're just playing music in the rain. Lots of bands do it, and it's not only pop bands.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yep, lots and lots. Even Slipknot do it in Left Behind. I could go on but...naa.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Obviously Slipknot is a boy-band.

Duh.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well no shit. When you have a singer with the name Corey, it has to be a boy-band.