Song Feedback

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Rosh, Jul 10, 2007.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I've just started up a new band (Manifest Destiny) and recently recorded a rough demo of a song (only 1:40 right now too) and would appreciate some feedback on it. (And heh, give me a break on some of the timing, since it was a rough cut, I had to record all these instruments by myself and layer them, leading to some timing problems. They'll be fixed in the final version. :p)

Version A
    Version B

Version A has the chorus without the piano while Version B features piano in said chorus. (Don't mind the DJ effects I used on B and how they are lacking on A, I plan to add them on to A later)

My question to you guys is: Should I keep the piano in the chorus? I feel that I sort of lose that "punk" feel when I add the piano to the chorus, but I've gotten positive feedback to it, so I'm kinda lost. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks! ^_^

Oh and, I have just settled on the name 'Manifest Destiny', but I was debating on names before as well:

- Moot Point
    - Stantly Fused (The story behind his being that it's 'Constantly Confused' without the 'Con's)
    - Manifest Destiny
    - Cube 4
    - Sonic Red

Any that you guys like? Thanks again!

Penny

Penny LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I like Version A!

Manifest Destiny is a really cool name!

Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

If the song has a solid vocal melody during the chorus I think you can skip on piano because its just gonna get cluttered. If this is just an instrumental track...the piano would probably sound better in the chorus..IMO :)