Spider-man 3

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Seinfeld, May 3, 2007.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

OMG

I'm going to go watch it again this weekend!!!

this has got to be the BEST end to a trilogy EVER!!!

I never thought I'd love a movie based on a comic this much...

oh and...emo-parker?...awesome! XDDD I mean...he looks ghay...but he is fucking badass!

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

hoping to watch at midnight showing. :D

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Its gonna be the best movie of 07, i know it... I think "What Ive Done" mite be on the soundtrack.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

It isn't.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Going to see this on Sunday. Should be a good movie, and it should be made even better thanks to who I'm going with :D

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

i have GOT to see this

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I already saw it.

It's not that good. The first 2 are way better. There is too much going on in the third one, in my opinion.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Welp, there's still a chance that you might enjoy this third installment a lot more. There were a lot of scenes that were cut out of this theatrical release. Most likely they'll do a 'Director's Cut' edition of Spidey 3. From what I've heard from Superherohype.com's message boards, the extended cut should be 156 minutes, from what I remember.

I'll be watching this saturday. Ignored my friends' requests to watch it with them TONIGHT for midnight screening, in favour of my girlfriend's this saturday. Woot, the wait is still agonizing. -_-.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
    dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I saw Spider-man 3 tonight at midnight. Absolutely phenomenal movie overall, I loved it so much. Or that's just my immediate impression as a Spidey nerd. Sure, there's probably little odds and ends I could think of to gripe about but wow, what a great-feeling film. It covered so much and hit so many chords with me - it's got a piece of everything from the emotional spectrum - some incredible action sequences that will make you go "WOW that's BADASS", some hilarious gags, and some gut-wrenching moments. I hope all you guys love it. It might take a lot to topple this as my movie of the year. And that's how I feel.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
    Snail

Great to hear man! Can't..f'in wait.

thefaceinside

thefaceinside Member

ahh

im so upset i cant see it tonight on opening night, i have SAT's tommorow :( i cant wait till i do though!! it looks amazing. :D

Snail

I just spent the morning reading a large number of reviews. Frankly, I'm worried that I may not like the film as much as i want to. Anywho...good luck on your SAT's 'thefaceinside'

Also, here's what Spider-Man could've looked like in this third installment:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k84/NtrMssion/DSC00094.jpg

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

looks like such a good movie....must see. i was amazed by the second, but can that do it better?

DarthPeanut

DarthPeanut Well-Known Member

my brother went and saw it last night at the preview for our theatre. he said it over all sucked. but then again. I am not a spidey fan. So I have said it sucked regardless

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I went to the midnight showing last night and only had four hours of sleep because I had to go to school in the morning. I'm soo tired.

It was SO good though. Topher Grace actually did a really good job with being Venom, IMO.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I probably would have liked that more than the black version of the Spider-Man suit.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

You've seen the trailer at least...right?...I mean...imagine spidey ripping that weird shiny suit from himself in that church...I think the dull black that they put into the spidey suit was just perfect...made it look more organic...imo:mellow:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Topher Grace and James Franco were great in the movie and I personally thought they were the highlight of the film. The whole love thing and Tobey being so damn emo was kinda weird, and the only time I could really stand him was when he was being a complete jerk to Harry.

I'd give it a 4/5.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I thought this movie was relatively decent, but it definitely had its share of downsides.

The movie was dragged out too much for its own good, and there were several unnecessary things put into the movie. Sandman truly wasn't necessary. The whole Peter Parker walking along the street snapping to people was pretty unnecessary too. It was pretty awkward. And the whole Peter-Harry team-up idea. That was stupid. I'm sorry, but that was pretty ridiculous.

Other than that, this movie was pretty awesome. Venom was fucking kick-ass. They did an amazing job on him. Seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better Venom. And the whole symbiote thing was pretty awesome too.

I'd give the movie a 3/5. It wasn't as great as it could have been, but it had several awesome things about it.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Saw the first showing at the cinema, 4 hours after getting home from a 23 hour day of seeing Linkin park. Yes, I was tired. :lol: ...but it was so worth it. I loved the film, and the whole Peter being evil was hilarious, I loved the music montage of clips of Pete snapping his fingers and thrusting his crotch. It brought some light hearted comedy to the film, amongst all of it's action and emotional scenes.

I quite liked the way it implemented three villains, the busy and overwhelming structure worked in my opinion. I really like how they used SandMan too, they gave his character meaning and he didn't seem out of place at all, even if he was mostly used to show off the CGI & SFX.

I don't think the film was dragged out at all, I thought it was too short. They could have easily extended some scenes and kept it running for longer. I'll be looking out for the DVD to see the extended scenes etc, as in some cases, I thought it could have told more. The ending was rushed a little IMO, could have been dragged out longer.

Venom was by far the highlight of the film, and he deserved more screen time. Venom is an example of fore-sortening, I think, they could have told more about Eddie Brock & Venom. He didn't have enough time in this movie. Also another gripe I kind of had was the way Venom spoke like Eddie with his mask on, haha, stupid I know, but he should sound different with the symbiote over his face. I did however like the character overwise.

The ending was good, I quite like the way the Goblin worked with Spidey in the end, even if it was a little unlikely, i thought it tied the series together well. I also thought the film worked well as a whole, everything seemed to tie together well.

Overall, I loved it. Yes I'm partly biased as I've been a fan of Spider-Man all my life, but I don't care, it was great.