Static-X frontman Wayne Static dies at 48

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Qwerty19, Nov 3, 2014.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

More information in the news, for example here : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/11204709/wayne-static-death-static-x.html

The cause of dead is still unknown, even though signs seems to point towards a drug overdose.

Well I though I would mention this, even though there are probably not many fans of the band here. But yeah, while I haven't listened to the actual band in a long time, they were one of my favorites back in the days, and one of the first acts that got me into music. Needless to say I was saddened to hear this news.

Noteworthy, also, Mike made a refence to Wayne's dead via his twitter account, where he posted a link to the video of "It's going down". For those who don't know, Wayne appears as the guitar player in that clip.

RIP

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Publicist is pleading with news outlets not to refer to it as a drug overdose as apparently Wayne had been clean since 2009, and even wrote his latest solo record about being clean in the hopes it would influence others to do the same. He died in his sleep but no details about his death beyond that have been released: http://www.altwire.net/2014/11/02/static-x-wayne-static-dead

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I don't think he had anything to do with the songwriting process of "It's Going Down", I think he just appeared in the video.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Sad :/

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Static-X was the music to my early teens along with LP. :/ Sad to hear. I was holding out hope that there'd be a Static-X reunion some 10-15 years down the road and that him and Campos could make up.