Straylight Run

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Alacrity, Aug 11, 2004.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

What are your thoughts and opinions on this band? I say lyrically, they're amazing, but other than that they pale in comparison with Taking Back Sunday, a band they are often compared with.

For those who aren't sure, the back up vocalist, guitarist and drummer of Taking Back Sunday left, and formed Straylight Run with a new bassist and piano player.

Since TBS's back up vocalist was a big part of the songwriting process, alot of people didn't think they could make another good album. In my opinion, they did, but now Straylight Run has him, and their lyrics are great, but their music isn't.

Think of SR as TBS, only without the screaming, mellower instruments, and piano. If you like Dashboard Confessional you'd probably like them. Songs i'd reccomend are It's For The Best and Mistakes We Knew We Were Making.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I have friends that are really into them but I dont think they're that great. Like you said, They have great lyrics, but arent anything special musically.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

I could never really get into Straylight Run. They just didn't seem to have anything special about them that caught my attention. I never really liked TBS so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Ive really onle heard one song by them and I love it. Although its name is strange: Existentialism on Prom Night

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Yeah. I haven't heard that song, but they're the band I listen to when I'm kinda down or just chilling out. I like Taking Back Sunday alot better.