Studio Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

But cohesion also makes an album stronger. A cohesive, well strung-together album with strong songs is a good album.

2. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

If songs are good, songs are good. :chuck:

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Thank-you, Captain Obvious! I was just saying that the "strength" of the album is less important to me than the quality of individual songs. :)

4. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I was just trying to concisely put together your point. Won't do it again, sir.

5. minuteforce

Ah. I see. :)

Good.

6. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I think an album can often be greater than the sum of its parts. This doesn't often apply to LP albums, as at the end of the day, they are a band based around writing great songs, but to use an example, the small little interludes between each song on THP really helped tie the album together for me (even though it's not my favourite LP album), even though I would clearly never sit down and listen to The Summoning on its own.

7. minuteforce

Yeah, making a strong listening experience is, again, very important. But where that might fail, where an album might not (subjectively) be that consistent in quality or whatever, there can still be some solid songs.

So many fans here don't like "Living Things" much because they only like half the songs or something; no matter what I think of the album myself (kind of changes day-to-day, haha), I think that "Roads Untraveled" is one of the best songs the band has ever made to date. So my point/opinion, in replying to Zane's post, was that, at the end of the day, whether individual songs from an album are good (to you) is more important than whether all of the songs from are good.

Incidentally, I remember that I tried to go into this same topic a little bit in this thread last year. I opined that it's not an artist's duty to make sure you like every song they release. It's something that could happen, basically by chance, but it's not something that an artist could aim to achieve. That means that, to some unmeasurable extent, it isn't an artist's fault if you don't like something they made.

8. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Agreed, I suppose what I'd get out of that is that I'd prefer to have an album where I absolutely love half the songs and hate the other half, than an album where I sort of like all of them but none particularily jump out at me, even if the latter album is the more consistent one.

9. minuteforce

Exactly. Some years down the line, you'll basically only be listening to the songs you really liked anyway. :)

10. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

My preference towards an album, like anything, changes sometimes dramatically over time. But my issue with these previous two albums is that they have not grown well on me over time. I was quite excited with LT and even THP had its moments but I just have grown weary to these albums much faster and far more than I have with ATS, MTM, and he'll sometimes even Meteora (dun dun dunnnnn). Like ATS is fresh and I'm excited and eager to listen to it. While LT and especially THP is definitely lacking in interest some days.

11. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

[thumb]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12631421_802489699860286_8932461440569645047_n.jpg?oh=a7e0cb6ad6e2e49aa90488bd82acff6a&oe=5739C495&__gda__=1463834574_6b17445e50ed31564aead9b5636e114b[/thumb]

End of a long day at the studio. Studio update coming to LinkinPark.com mailing list soon.

12. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Just to remind everyone that "soon" might be an hour, might be a week. Don't get your hopes up too qucik.

Last time we got a studio update, he said "studio update coming shortly". Three days later, that "shortly" finally expired.

13. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Are you referring to something actually happening after three days or what?

I can't imagine this update being anything big, seems way too early for a tour announcement, album announcement, etc. Maybe a collab one-off or something. Releasing a single without knowing the release of the full album and such seems possible but unlikely to me.

14. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

"Also, a studio update coming up shortly. (not trolling)" - January 31st.

Studio update - February 3rd.

15. HybridT

Obviously is not going to be something big. I'm pretty sure that they didn't even finished a song. So a single is unlikely for me. I'm sure it will be another photo or how things are going on.

16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Eh, like HybridT said, nothing important most likely. I'm just expecting some vague statement like, "We are doing good in the studio and will release it sometime this year." I'm expecting a first single in July or August...

17. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The guys decided to stop being creative and make instead a HT part 3. They just finished it and release it next week. :kappa:

18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Whew! It's 2003 all over again! Better bring back the dyed hair, earrings and baggy jeans. :kappa:

19. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

[thumb]https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/12474008_10153844378751788_7493439101087771391_o.jpg[/thumb]

20. HybridT

So... where is the FUCKNG STUDIO UPDATE? :halfkappa: