Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by hybriddragon, Apr 30, 2004.

hybriddragon

hybriddragon Active Member

ive been having so many problems in my life. if i decide to jus end it all i think the only person who would miss me would be my GF. What do u think...? :(

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

*sigh*

Don't commit suicide. Everyone's life sucks at some point. I always think about suicide but I'm smart enough not to actually go through with the act. So, don't do it because it's a really f*cked up decision that you can't take back.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Hey i know how you feel mate. Don't do it. I went through being all depressed and it doesn't feel nice and i seriously did think about the whole killing myself thing a few times but i was smart enought to ignore it all and stick out all the bad stuff. Oh and what you said about your GF being the only one missing you. Don't think like that. Many people probably care for you alot but some people just don't show it. Cheer up and forget all those suicidal thoughts :hugz:

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

You'll find many people on this forum to talk about with your problems, the two that posted before me and myself are good examples of that. As depressed as you may feel, there's always something more to live for in the future. Just because you aren't happy with life doesn't mean you end it, make it work for you. I've slit my wrists, put a knife to my throat, etc., and trust me it's not worth the pain. It becomes a habit as well as a desire or an addiction. Yes, it's possible to become addicted to cutting/burning. Just talk to people you really care for, or even people that are complete strangers and you'll turn out fine.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

<div align=center>SUICIDE IS A PERMANENT SOLUTION TO A TEMPORARY PROBLEM.</div>

That's all I'm going to say. You may not think your problems are "temporary" but they are and they'll go away sooner than you think.

May

May Ambient

heyy i was going to say that too.

anyways i was suicidal for 3 years and i thought my problems would never go away but now i'm happier then ever! so just wait. you're life will get better. life is like a rollercoaster ride. it goes up and down and you don't always stay down.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Not worth it. Not at all. What good does it do? Whatever it clears up, you're not there to enjoy it. Period. In fact, I think you're probably better off than me...at least you HAVE a g/f...more than can be said about me. Everyone feels like #### sometimes...ya just gotta get over it and look forwards, never to a troubled past. Forget about what's wrong, and you'll step into what's right. Personally, I feel like ####, have so ever since my ex dumped me and tried to pick up my own brother. Lessee, me best friend's moving away to NB this summer, I came 2nd overall in my bowling league ( by 3 points in the standings ), and I'm in no position to get another gf...for a long time. I've just been hurt too much. But never, ever, ever would I contemplate doing something that foolish and stupid...it's just not worth it. I'm focusing on the good things, like the friends that I DO have, and my future - namely my flying career. Once I get into that, things can only get better...especially the making-two-hundred-grand-a-year part of it. Just look up buddy...never look back, never dwell on the negatives...only the positives. Things'll turn around. Just trust me.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Don't commit suicide. Probably everyone has a bad time in their life and may think about it sometimes but it isn't worth it. As bad as your life may seem now, look forward to the future of all the bright events that WILL occur. Not only your girlfriend cares about you but many people do. I've been depressed for a short while but now I'm happy. You will get out of that mood and u won't even know it, but don't do something as stupid as that. You have plenty of people here to talk about it, and plenty of people in your life to talk to. Just open up. :p

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Teenage years often suck. It's practically a fact of life. Things will get better. The older you get, the more control you get over your life, the more power you have to make things more enjoyable. And a lot will work itself out, too.

You have your whole life ahead of you. Plus, it's a ####### selfish thing to do. You think no one will care? Well think of it this way--if you kill yourself you could very easily "inspire" someone else to take their life as well. The more people who kill themselves, the more their peers will see this as an option.

I don't know what your problems are specifically, but if you want to talk, I think anyone here (myself included) will be willing to listen.

:hugz:

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Trust me, you'll get over it. The easiest way is to find a hobby you're really passionate about and just concentrate on that instead.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Just to add to my previous post...

You said that "the only person who would care would be my g/f".
    Wrong.
    Wanna know AT LEAST how many people would care?
    Lessee here...
    [​IMG]
    That's the members page here at the LPA. Might be hard to see, but notice how there's 365 pages of members. Every page has 10 on it. That's 365x10 = 3650 members. 3650. Every one of them would care if you left us. So far, I'm 3649 ahead of your estimate.

Next, we have your family. I'll guestimate here and add another three (mom, dad, sibling...not sure if I'm correct at all...forgiviness please...), and a few more for grandparents. Five in total here. Again, that's just an estimate.

Add in friends, whether you talk to them all the time or not. Plus...40 here. Probably a lot more too. I'm just using my personal numbers on who I consider to be my best friends.

Other friends. Plus 100.

People from school. I'm guessing you go to a fairly decent-sized school. I'm going to add 700 people in here, since I'm sure every single person would care in some way, somehow, whether they knew you or not. We had someone lose his life in a tragic accident last year at my school (actually, he'd be in my school this year), and EVERYONE was upset about it. Majorly. So plus 700 here.

People from your neighbourhood. 'Nuff said, plus 1000.

So we're at... 3650+5+40+700+1000=5495, if my math is correct (I've got the ol' 100% in my math course. It better be.) ....... Which is 5494 more than you thought would ever care about you. Everybody feels like the world has turned its back on you at some point or another. But when you step back and take a look, likely it's you that turned your back to the world. Turn around, let all the bad times fall right off...like water off a duck's back... Then be glad that people like your girlfriend, your family, friends, everyone here at the LPA...be glad that you know us. And if you ever need help, you know where to turn.

-JTP

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Can't argue with math. :p

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

I think most people are suicidal sometimes. I also know what it feels like. But think there are so many people who cares about you. And if you say you're gf is the only one who would miss you, than live for you gf. I know there are some days you just want to die (I have them often). And it feels horrible to be addicted to cutting and maybe it's all not worth it. These problems will go away so don't end it now.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

ok, I agree with all posts above mine. I've been through the same thing about 2 years ago, I was depressed and wanted to make an end to my life by jumping of a high building. I feel very luckey now I didn't find a building wich was high enough. Every day I wanted to die, but somehow I did overcome the feeling. You just have to wait, it will pass.

I don't know, but I think I searched the beginning of my problem wich caused the depression. Maybe you have to do that too. Once you have found it, look at it and think if it is it worth to give your life for.

Maybe you think that there are one or maybe more people who love you, but put this thought away. When you are in a depression you only see the negative side of everything, your confused. There are more people who love you, maybe you don't see it now but when your out of it, you will overlook everything and feel glad you didn't commited suicide. For youself and for others.

If you want to talk about it, you know we will listen.

Mr. Benzedrine

Mr. Benzedrine Rock the 40 Oz

That sums it up.

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

No no and no.
    Not to long ago I was like you, but with the help of these cool LPA's I got back up on top! And you can to..just send $100 to..nah..I'm kidding. Just ask. If there's anything I can do to help. Just ask. But don't do it.

I came out of it better than I have ever been!
    Just want to get out of it...and it'll happen...and I want it too!

*me = drunk*

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Everyone has problems but suicide is definently not the answer to any of them. I've thought about it a few times myself but I never had the guts to ever really do it. I've cut myself too. But that's all in the past now because I made it better. I chose to make it better and it's up to you to do the same. If I can do it you can too and everyone as well has dealt with problems as well. So don't feel like you're alone.. because your not. :)

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i understand the way you feel. im suicidal myself. but if you think about it... at least we've got music. hugs. live on. stay here with us. keep singing in your head.

huggy hugs. if you need anything, im sure everybody here will be willing to help you. hold on, we're still here.

Nowhere Kid

Nowhere Kid Well-Known Member

I was suicidal not long ago, I was having problems with everything and I wanted to end my life...but did I? No. I realized that my problems would eventually clear up and they did. And now I'm glad I'm still alive. You have to stay strong, and in the end everything will turn out. Worked for me.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That was the greatest post anyone has ever made on these forums. I commend you.