Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by hybriddragon, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Ok, i know what you mean. I also know God decided everything before there was a human being, and that you can choose.

But what about the 'chosens' ?

Cause God already made that decision too, the human beings who go to hell and the 'chosen ones' who are supposed to go to heaven.
    Man, this is complicated >_<

2. TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

I assure you no where in the Bible does it say that God or the Devil chose for anyone to go to Hell or Heaven, so unless you can show me where it says chosen ones then don't believe it. The only thing it could mean is chosen = people that have chosen God and chosen heaven over hell. By asking Jesus into their heart

3. Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

thanks for the explanation ;) and about the 'chosen ones', I'll try to look it up in the bible. (ghost child and me :) )

We're getting a little bit oftopic though.

But I'd like to know something else too. It's a bit complicated and stuff, but here it comes. Why was God in the Old Testament such a hard God and when Jesus came everything changed. Like in the O.T. He let his people kill other people from other races and beliefs, He let people drop dead after they only looked at the Arc. When Jesus came, He changed into a loving God. Jesus said that you have to forgive your enemies and love them. From where came the change? I hope it wasn't a stupid question.

4. TheVoodoo

Not a stupid question at all. Basically the difference became that God hadn't defeated the Devil until the New Testament. God defeated the Devil when he came in the form of man as Jesus, died and when he rose from the dead he defeated the Devil. And the way to get salvation in the old testament was different. There were all the Jewish laws ... hundres of them and the ten commandments. But once Jesus died on the cross salvation came from accepting him. Also in the old testament there was war just as there is now and God just protected his followers. He never told any of them to kill anyone for no reason. I mean David same Israel by killing Goliath. Sure God could have not chose David for this job but then Israel would be no more and Jesus is born from the liniage of King David. So that had to happen. Also other wars that God helped the israelites win, were over wicked people. There were no other religions such as Islam or Buddhism back then there was just the israelites and the rest of the sinning world. The religion of christianity didn't even start until around 30-60 A.D

Well I hope that answered some of your questions.

5. Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

yeah i think so, thanks ^_^

6. TheVoodoo

anytime.... Just to let you know that i'm a credible source of information on christian beliefs... I've taken new testament and old testament cources in school .. I've read the whole Bible. My Grandpa is a religion and philosophy major and a pastor. And I'm a Youth Leader at my church... just so you know I'm not just saying opinions or stuff i think... I'm saying what the Bible says.

7. Messy Marj

Ok, i looked for 'chosens' in the Bible.
    I don't know if it's good 'proof' :unsure:
    here it is:

St. Matthew 20:16
    'So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.'

I Chronicles 16:13
    'O ye seed of Israel His servant, ye children of Jacob, His chosen ones.'

St Matthew: It seems the Bible already knew that there are many people going to hell and only few going to heaven, the chosen ones.

I Chronicles: It looks like all the children of Jacob are chosen, and i'm wandering if all those children actually believed in God.

Maybe i'm talking sh#t here, but i'm confused about christianity.

8. TheVoodoo

Ok thanks for the proof. Ok lets look at each thing individually ... first what Bible are you using because mine is worded differently...

you said

St. Matthew 20:16
    'So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.'

New American Standard Version says: " Thus the last shall be first, and the first last"

Basically this means you need to think of god first others second and yourself third. Those live life that way will be first in God's eyes.

Next,

I Chronicles 16:13
    'O ye seed of Israel His servant, ye children of Jacob, His chosen ones.'

This means... God loved all the nations but he chose the nation of Israel to be the nation in which his son would be born. Throughout the Old Testament God led Israel through the good and bad time and he made the nation great because it followed God. This started with Abraham. God told him because of his dedication and love to God that the nation of Israel would be great.
    Jesus was born of the nation of Israel... His lineage tracing back to David, jacob, Abraham,Noah, And Adam... yes it can be traced back that far!

St Matthew: It seems the Bible already knew that there are many people going to hell and only few going to heaven, the chosen ones.

This is basically just saying that most people have chosen and will choose the devil over God. They do this by not accepting Jesus. More people do this because it is the easy way. It is not easy to be a christian. That is why the one's that choose God are the few and they go to heaven and the rest go to Hell.

I Chronicles: It looks like all the children of Jacob are chosen, and i'm wandering if all those children actually believed in God.

I don't know where you got this source from. But yes all of the bloodline of Abraham are Israelites which are the chosen people. Chosen for Jesus to be born of that nation. And many Israelites did not believe in God... Many times throughout the Bible they turned their back on God and worshipped Idols.

But I assure you the ones who didn't believe in God did not go to heaven.

9. Messy Marj

My bible: Ok, i'm Dutch so i don't really know if i'm saying this good. It's a bible published by the Trinitarian Bible Society.

Thanks so much for your help, you really helped me out of some questions i had. Thanks again. :)

10. TheVoodoo

Oh ya no problem man :D thats what I'm here for!

11. Aplace_4_MyHead

Aplace_4_MyHead Well-Known Member

Dont do it. this seems a topic that reccurs a lot on this sight and I always say this and i am being extremely serious. Dont do it simple enough read a cutters journal this person is very strong and continues to write about her problems. so if you think you have it bad just take a step back and look at your life in retrospect and see what you can lose
    it might be alot more than you think.

12. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i am atheist but i still think that suicide is wrong. i saw a law and order episode where someone was assisting suicides, and that in itself, under the right circumstances, might not be bad, but she was saying to these people that she would also commit suicide with them but she didn't, which is wong.

some people really believe that suicide is the only way to solve their problems. sometimes it is, but if you want to live then you have to learn how to live with the problem you have.

some people would not lose anything if they died, and they know that, and that is why they think they need to die. but they don't.

i am not going to sit here and tell you that life is a blessing and all that s*** because for one thing, i don't know your problems, and for another, i know it isn't. my life this year has been more horrible than anyone can imagine, and i know i sit there and think about if some things really happened to me or was it all a nightmare. unfortunately none of it was.

i was suicidal since 1999, but i never tried to commit suicide or anything like that. instead i did the whole drug thing to get out of it, and that is not the way to go. i don't know if i am still or not, i think i realized that no one or nothing is worth me losing the only thing that makes me happy, and neither is death.

so if anyone needs help, talk to me. i will not tell anyone, because i knew that if i talked to someone then they would tell someone that i was suicidal and i would end up locked up somewhere. i will not betray your trust if you don't want me to.

and that is all i have to say.

13. Ilovejoey

Ilovejoey Well-Known Member

omfg...ok. Everyone feels like this. Committing suicide *no matter HOW depressed you are* it's just foolish...You are just going to have to deal with it I'm sorry.

14. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

omfg...ok. Everyone feels like this. Committing suicide *no matter HOW depressed you are* it's just foolish...You are just going to have to deal with it I'm sorry. [/b][/quote]
    some people cannot deal with it. some people ar emotionally and mentally unable to handle it. telling these people they just have to deal with it (no offense meant to you though :) ) is not helping anyone solve their problem.

if someone is so desperate that they believe suicide is the only way out, making them feel worse is not going to save them in the long run. believe me i know.

my friend shot himself in the head.

15. Ilovejoey

Ilovejoey Well-Known Member

some people cannot deal with it. some people ar emotionally and mentally unable to handle it. telling these people they just have to deal with it (no offense meant to you though :) ) is not helping anyone solve their problem.

if someone is so desperate that they believe suicide is the only way out, making them feel worse is not going to save them in the long run. believe me i know.

my friend shot himself in the head. [/b][/quote]
    yea i now what you mean thogh. i know people that have done all that i just think it's stupid but i guess you're right but foolish is what i think of it. :/

16. b0B_th3_Bl0b

b0B_th3_Bl0b Banned

Hold on if you feel like letting go
    Hold on
    It gets better than you know

Don't do it.

Everyone here at LPA would miss you :( :'(

Hang tight, wait it out, it'll get better;I assure you. :hugz:

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm so glad you were banned, you love bumping old topics and making pointless/idiotic posts.

This was what..your 100th necropost?

18. FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

I mean The decision is up to you, nobody really can stop you from commiting suicide, but first think about the things in life that are worth living for.. and the people that love u,

Well mate., I'm sure that if yyou only try hard enough.. YOu'lll willl to see the bright side of life.

19. .Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

you can hurt a lot of people who care about you , en even when you down and everythings negative there are always people who care about you , and you only live once , so why shorten it

20. FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

Well, sometimes.. suicide could be an option to a 'better life?