Switchfoot Records New Album

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by savetomorrow, Jun 26, 2006.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Rather than doing Colombia Record's plan of recording additional tracks for a "Nothing Is Sound" re-release, Switchfoot will record a new album. The new album is set for a November 7th release date.

More from Ultimate-Guitar.com:

While "Nothing Is Sound" certainly sold respectably -- it has moved 526,000 units since its September 2005 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan -- those numbers are a far cry from its predecessor, "The Beautiful Letdown," which has U.S. sales of 2.6 million. The album got off to a rough start when it was one of 15 titles recalled by Sony BMG because software on the CDs behaved like spyware.

But Foreman is trying to look forward, not back. "As a songwriter, you have a belief in all your kids, and I'm really excited about these new tracks. Obviously that's where my heart's at right now," he says. "But at the same time, I look back at those songs and they are kind of tainted by a few of the things that went down last year. But at the end of it all you have to just look at what you've got, and we're really thankful that we're making music."

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

sweet. not a huge fan of Switchfoot, but they have potential to bring more good songs to the scene

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I've never really liked Switchfoot at all. Actually, for a while, I was disliking them greatly, but I really want to give them a better chance.

I don't think they're untalented, they're just not my type of music. I don't know...maybe they'll impress me with this.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Switchfoot's an amazing band. I love all their albums. I'm looking forward to this new album.