"Teenies"

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by goso88, Jun 19, 2005.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

No offense dude, but bringing Star Wars into the matter is not going to get you anywhere.

And as for your comment on the staff ganging up against you, you're going to complain about that? The staff is what determines if what you do makes you worthy of staying a member on these forums. They watch your actions and make sure you aren't breaking the rules. And you shouldn't be talking because the staff will side with you sometimes. You don't want to make the staff your enemies. Don't complain.

And as for Derek, he's right. The people who stay here are those who follow them. I've read them through and I make sure to follow them, and you should too. I suggest, Skywalker, that you be careful with what you say. For your sake.

lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

I shot the guy, but I didn't know it was against the law. I'm really a nice person, I just forgot to check with the Laws of my country, Give me a warning, I won't shoot anyone again. Besides, that guy hit some dude with a crowbar and he only got 4 years in prison, thats not fair!

:unsure: That's kinda how I took it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm not so sure that's it's so much "ganging up" on the person as it is the fact that practically all the staff are addressing the matter. You don't see that very often, having every staff member replying to feedback.

Nonetheless, some pretty unnecessary things were said from both sides. It's a touchy subject, but it's one of the main principles of these forums.

Louis

Good man.

I read the rules once I got here, just to make sure. Sometimes I tend to get a little angry with people and have the desire of calling them a ***, but it's homophobic language. It's best to read the rules to make sure you don't do anything wrong. And about the whole teenie thing, Dusan, it was the same thing with me. I didn't come here to mention the good looks of Linkin Park. I'm a boy, for Christ's sake! I don't go around saying "Mike is so f'in hawt! :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob: " I came here because I enjoy Linkin Park's music and also to make friends. I make good friends off of message boards, usually.

And to Skywalker, might want to listen to Kaeton. He's being as sincere as he can be.

I apologize if being involved in this affair is not what I'm supposed to be doing, but I wanted to say something about it.

Mark is right as well, Skywalker. Ganging up on you is not necessarily the right term. They are simply stating what they think.

Just to end my say, my overall thought on this is that teenies are teenies. We can't do much about them, but we can't let them just make pointless "Chester is so hawt :chaz: " posts all over. I read the thread about the person the thread-starter mentioned. She argued. She deserved to be banned. It even said in the rules not to argue with staff members. They know what they are doing.

But it's even more annoying how people tease teenies. Let them be, alright? They're going to be more of a teenie if you annoy them. They'll do it to annoy you back. It's how life is. Banning them just seems to be the right thing to do to the administrators because they wouldn't tolerate it when it started happening. You heard them, they gave them a second chance but they still kept doing it. Their reason for banning teenies is fair. Of course it seems odd to give teenies a "slam-ban" once they mention the "strikingly good looks" of the members of Linkin Park, but it's for the best. I'm sure I've said this before.

I'm not a staff member, and I apologize if I sound like one, but I'm proving a point here. The staff members are right, and they've said that the rule will be discussed even though it will probably remain the way it is. Let the Staff decide how this forum be ran, don't argue with them. I trust them, and I'm sure everyone else does. They know what they are doing.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Well, to make a point, arguing with staff members and debating is fine, just not antagonizing them.

Louis

Well, to make a point, arguing with staff members and debating is fine, just not antagonizing them. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I guess you're right. But I'd think you're better off not arguing at all, right?

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Yeah, I guess you're right. But I'd think you're better off not arguing at all, right? [/b][/quote]
    I don't mind disagreement as long as it's civil. When people start blowing things outta proportion, then we have to bring out the old, trusty lock.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Yeah, I guess you're right. But I'd think you're better off not arguing at all, right? [/b][/quote]
    Right way to argue with staff:

You know, I really disagree with this rule. [insert nice explanation and suggestions here]

Wrong way to argue with staff:

U ALL R ASSHOLES!!! UR RULEZ R BULLSHIT AND I THINK U SHUD TAKE UR RULES N SHOVE EM AND ALL DIE N GO 2 HELL!!!11111ONES

Louis

You know, I really disagree with this rule. [insert nice explanation and suggestions here]

U ALL R ASSHOLES!!! UR RULEZ R BULLSHIT AND I THINK U SHUD TAKE UR RULES N SHOVE EM AND ALL DIE N GO 2 HELL!!!11111ONES [/b][/quote]
    I would pay to see that.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

U ALL R ASSHOLES!!! UR RULEZ R BULLSHIT AND I THINK U SHUD TAKE UR RULES N SHOVE EM AND ALL DIE N GO 2 HELL!!!11111ONES [/b][/quote]
    :lol: That definately made my day. :lol:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I guess im the only one thinks that teenies should not be banned? Im on another Linkin Park forum and its not as bad as you think. If you dont want see topics about Chester's looks, just dont look at it. Simple as that? LPMB is just a big mess because it has 80 billion members on it and 230 billion teenies so thats why you see it everywhere.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I would pay to see that. [/b][/quote]
    Give me a few days, I'll find something to bitch about. :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know about that. It's not about whether it looks good or not, the fact of the matter is that the core 'teenie' topics are pointless (but on that note, even if we try to not look, it's still going to be there in the typical 'OMGz mike shimoda is li3k so0o0 hott!' fashion). A topic about whether Mike Shinoda is hot isn't going to usher in a huge discussion. It's a yes or no question that doesn't really contribute to the forum (on the same note, neither does Random Thoughts, but I'm a part of that so...).

Not to mention that I'm sure it would take a lot more work in general on the staff end. Through past experience, teenies never really post in the correct forums, and that would mean moving the topic elsewhere and leaving links to other parts of the forum leading to where the topic belongs. And sometimes they don't understand that. For instance there's one person in the Albums section of LP who posted the same topic twice because it was closed the first time. We'd have a lot more people doing that if teenies were allowed.

Furthermore, all things start small. If we let some teenies come into the forums, more will come in and we'll slowly have a pest problem. ;) I don't know about you, but I really do prefer being able to post in a forum where everyone can post correctly. Where there are people who don't have mile-long sigs about a poem that they wrote about Mike Shinoda, or of a picture of Chester so close up that I can tell where acne broke out in 8th grade in their sigs.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Keep that rule...

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

One thing.

"THE OFfFICIaL ROB iS HawT THEREAD!!1 V43.4!""

LPMB makes me want to kill people.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Furthermore, all things start small. If we let some teenies come into the forums, more will come in and we'll slowly have a pest problem. ;) I don't know about you, but I really do prefer being able to post in a forum where everyone can post correctly. Where there are people who don't have mile-long sigs about a poem that they wrote about Mike Shinoda, or of a picture of Chester so close up that I can tell where acne broke out in 8th grade in their sigs. [/b][/quote]
    They could do a rule like, type with existing words or you'll receive a warning. And no, im not trying to say that you should do it.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Has anyone ever thought of putting these things into a poll? Atleast then we'll have a clear result of what the majority feel we shoul do.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I think it's best not to. Otherwise we'd have people second-guessing every rule they didn't like.

Louis

One thing.

"THE OFfFICIaL ROB iS HawT THEREAD!!1 V43.4!""

LPMB makes me want to kill people. [/b][/quote]
    You're not alone, Neil. You're not alone at all.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I say we should keep doing what we've been doing. It's been proven that teenies who just get warnings will continue to be pests but if somebody flames or uses homophobic language and they get a warning, then they stop. If they don't, that's why we only have 3 strikes. It's as good a solution I can think of.