Terry Schiavo

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Mar 21, 2005.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Echoing The Sound's Thread Over This *Informative*

I'm not going to go into detail about her case. In a nutshell, she's been brain-dead for about 15 years now, and her parents are convinced that she's responsive and therapy could help her, despite all the top doctors saying otherwise. Her husband wants to "pull the plug" on her, and I can't say I blame him.

My take on it is like this. There's no chance of recovery for her. She's been that way for 15 or so years. She's going to be a veggie until she dies. Why not help her out and pull the plug?

People are getting upset about her husband wanting to leave her, too. She's fucking brain-dead. I don't think anyone in their right mind would stay with someone like that, especially since they can't reproduce or really have any communication with their significant other. It's like being married to a semi-living corpse or something.

I know the parents think she can recover, since they're her parents, but there comes a time when you have to face the harsh reality that there is a good chance she won't recover. It's time to move on, in my opinion.

Where is the fucking War on Iraq coverage, damnit. I miss it. :argh:

EDIT: For comparison reasons only...

Healthy Brain
    Terry's Brain

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I was wondering when someone would make a thread on this.

I agree in your opinion one hundred percent. It sickens me to see the government and president get involved in a family crisis that's not even their own. Her husband married her and only her, and they married under gods oath. It's their decision to make, and not anybody elses.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I agree with whats been said so far. She's been brain dead for 15 years, if there was any chance of her recovering, it would have happened a long time ago. There comes a time when the parents have to accept reality and let her go.

And I cant believe Congress is doing this, makes me sick. Plugs are pulled on people every day, the only reason they give a shit about this one is because since there's a family dispute, its a chance for them to look like heros if they side with the parents.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

The husand has the legal consent to pull the plug, does he not?

Todd

Yes. Now try explaining that to the morons in congress ;)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Let her die. She's been braindead for fifteen years and will be until the day she dies (which is hopefully soon).

What pisses me off is how the Republican politicians are getting in the way of a private matter. They see any opportunity to garner votes and affection and they leap at the chance of it, it's absolutely despicable. They could care less about Terri, they just want the coverage and votes.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I like how Bush apparently passed a law when he was the Governor of Texas that allows for Hospitals to pull the plug on patients despite what legal guardians and family says.

Hypocritical? Hmm.

JasonB

JasonB Well-Known Member

I think Terri has been through enough and needs to be let go,that would be best for her.I can understand how the family must feel,I would feel the same way too.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Not to mention that more people were executed during his term as governor of Texas than any other governor in history.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Bush should stay out of things he has nothing to do with. My approval of him dropped when I saw this, it's a fucking sham and he should mind his own business.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

This is a chronic case of too much government. The husband is the legal guardian, and has proven in a court of law that it was her wish to die if she was in such a state. There is nothing to discuss.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

I was going to post that...

I don't think it's fair that she should live just because her parents can't let go. I know their her parents and everything, but I wouldn't want to see my child like that, like I said it would be fair to her.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

This is a personal matter, not something your government should get involved in for votes.

lp_sk8ergurl

lp_sk8ergurl Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on that one.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

There's one thing that bugs me. From what I heard on TV, they want to unplug her from the tube that feeds her and let her die. They also said that they already tried and let her without her tube 6 days before plugging her again.

I'm 100% for letting her go, but letting her die of hunger (sorry if it's not the right expression) is sick. Hell, we don't even do it to animals! If they want to unplug her, they could at least have the respect of injecting her something to let her die as fast as possible.

And I don't know if you have what we call in french a 'Mandat d'inaptitude' in America or in other provinces. Basically, it's a paper you sign when you do your will, telling your decision in case something happened to you and you couldn't express (or decide) if you want intensive medication to be used on you. The good thing is: nobody can go against your decision..

$pvcxGhxztCasey

It wouldn't matter if they let her die of hunger. She's a veggie. You could let George Bush cut her leg off and she wouldn't feel a damn thing.

Terri is dead. They're just trying to save what I like to call a shell.

Todd

Exactly. From what I've heard, she feels absolutley no pain and wont feel any hunger. This is probably the most humane way for her to go

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

wow. i havent heard much on this but from what i have heard. i think they should just let her die. i mean. shes not going to know the difference. and its not fair for him (her husband) to have to deal with that for the rest of his life.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

I didn't realise she doesn't feel pain at all (which is pretty obvious). Sorry.. :blush:

JasonB

JasonB Well-Known Member

I think it's time for her to die,but geez...she's a freakin' human being for crying out loud.Pain or no pain,she's still alive and starving her to death is just cruel.