That Given Up Performence On Summer Sonic

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Emiltayeb, Aug 12, 2013.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I loved TLTGYA on Road to Revolution it almost made me cry D': .. I'd like to see it again someday.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Holy crap, the band sounds really great in all of these videos. As for Given Up, I'm definitely in agreement with Derek/Astat that the song needs to be dropped. Chester himself has flat out said that he doesn't take the necessary precautions to take care of his voice. I by no means trust him to know what he's doing. It's just silly for him to kill himself to play one song. Besides, if conserving his voice means he can do those screams at the end of Lost in the Echo every time, I'll take it. Honestly, I think a song like Bleed it Out (or Blackout but who am I kidding?), which basically has just as much energy but with a lot less screaming, could replace Given Up in that spot of the setlist.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I'd gladly sacrifice Given Up for some No More Sorrow action. But yeah Bleed it Out is also a staple that should never leave. It's the perfect live jam.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'll gladly take BLACKOUT over Given Up every day of the week. Sick song. :'D

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

I think they should replace Given Up with High Voltage or Forgotten. (It'll probably never happen) but hey ho.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Given Up should be dropped for a song off Living Things that's never been performed. It boggles me to this day why a flop single like Given Up is still being heavily performed. It can be occasionally played like From the Inside.

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Is it just me or do the songs seem heavier live than they have in previous years?

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Most energetic song of the set (well, one of them), that's why I guess. Replacing Given UP by something like Roads Untravelled or Powerless wouldn't work in a live setting.

Now, it's true they could replace it by songs like NMS, Blackout or WAK.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think that that's just the result of the "Living Things" material influencing the vibe of the live show

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Look at the 2010 Madrid show - the heaviest songs there were Faint, When They Come for Me, Catalyst, Papercut and Wretches and Kings. They removed One Step Closer, Given Up and Crawling from the setlist. And the show was still awesome. I think they can carry on a good show even if those songs aren't always performed.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

It depends on people opinions then.... Personnaly, I only remember this show because I think that the setlist from it was one of, if not their worst ever :p Boring, boring, boring.

And I think the band felt their shows were becoming sleepy during the ATS cycle, hence why Chester said he wanted the new songs to be more energetic live.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    areena

areena Member

the last shriek he gave was very loud i never seen him plying like this i think he was overpowered by some initial emotion
    the last lines of the chorus were also amazing