Music The 2nd Law: Birth

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Søuł, Aug 14, 2013.

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

A 30 Seconds to Mars and Muse mashup
    [​IMG]
    This is my first *released* mashup I've done. it incorporates 4 songs in it; 30 Seconds to Mars's "Birth" and Muse's "Supremacy", "The 2nd Law: Isolated System", and "The 2nd Law: Unsustainable". Enjoy it.

DOWNLOAD

This mashup was planned during my vacation in Vermont, and it took me three hours to complete. Now that I'm back from vacation I'm inspired and ready to rock you're fucking socks off. Prepare your bodies.​

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

It's good... but it's not great.

While the fusion of the opening guitar chords of "Supremacy" and the drumming and brass of "Birth" seems like a perfect match, and the build-up to the climax (1:04-1:22) is one of the best things I've heard from an amateur in a very long time, there are some things that really put me off.

First is the climax itself. Having "Unsustainable" playing in the background in 1:22-1:40 really does throw off the degree of the climax. The tempos are significantly different, and it has that infamous "double drum" effect where drums in two or more tracks don't fit with each other and seem like random drumming. The best way, in my opinion, would be to silence "Unsustainable" altogether and just let "Birth" play and have Matt's roar and the news reporter at 1:40 onwards like you have, because that works.
    Second is how "Isolated System" noticeably plays in the distant background at the beginning of the track. To be honest, I can't see why it's there. I think it's a production error, where you forgot to silence the track or something, because I really can't understand why it's there. It doesn't fit with the atmosphere and slow pace of the opening, unlike "Supremacy"'s guitar, which does fit "Birth"'s drums.

It's a good first effort, however:

If it took three hours for you to create this, you ought to learn how to be more efficient. Do you have audacity? It's the absolute best and most efficient free audio producing software you can have! Call it an amateur's best friend!

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to revisit it in the future. I do have Audacity but I don't usually use it for editing songs (like for my extended stuff).

Kadan

Kadan Member

RazorEye thanks for your points.I also got some good points for my work.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I don't think it's horrible.