The Advice Thread (formerly GSYWTLO)

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

There's just something absolutely gut-wrenching about no longer speaking to someone who once meant the world to you. It has nothing to do with left over romantic feelings, unresolved issues or how horribly things ended. Something about losing someone who has a part of you and was a part of your life creates a hole that only they can fill. I don't want to feel like I am missing pieces forever, but it seems like there are some problems that just cannot be fixed between two people.
    Am I destined to feel incomplete? Is it a weakness that I cannot help but feel this gravitating pull towards people who hurt me or those who I hurt?
    It seems like a cruel joke.

2. Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

well thats where imperfection comes into place, we tend to say what we dont mean and thats what makes us feel weak, but in the end all you have to do is just say to your self i wont do it again and continue on

i hope this answers your question

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  3. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Is this new, or have you two been apart for awhile now? Initial breakups are hard because you've scheduled your life around the other person, and when they're gone, you literally have a hole in your life and a lot of new time on your hands. What has helped me in the past is trying to find things to do to fill that extra time. Hang out with friends that you might have neglected while in the relationship, do more of the hobbies you enjoy, etc.

4. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

No, it's not new. It's been 6 months or longer for all of the people that I'm talking about. Like I said, it has nothing to do with any lingering romantic feelings. I'm currently in a highly committed relationship.

Edit -
    Let me preface this by saying that I am completely sober despite the hour.
    I just contacted two of the people I was referring to. One via an email address that I'm not entirely sure is still valid, and another through a comment on livejournal.
    As for the livejournal one? I read through some of his public entries that he's made in the time since me.
    And one of them was about me.
    And I read it.
    And I cried.
    Not because I was upset that he wrote about me, or because he said anything hurtful.
    I cried because that entry made me realize that I had hurt him.
    An worse yet, I had hurt him in such a way that it resounded in his head months after it had happened.
    I cannot live with who I was...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  5. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

With all due respect, what you're probably missing is being assertive and taking the initiative yourself. There's nothing to say you can't be a decent person AND have those traits as well. I think a lot of people fail to realise this and would sooner tar the whole of their preferred gender with "they're all horrible people!" or "they're all liars and hypocrites!".

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  6. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

So the girl who was the first and since only girl I think I've ever fallen in love with who now hates me (as I her) is going to be at a party I'll be at next weekend. I havn't seen her in almost a year and a half and I could do with some advice on how to ignore that she's there. I feel so much negativity just thinking about her and I don't know how I'll react to seeing her. She's such an awful person and I can't believe I ever fell for her and it pisses me off that we still have mutual friends even though she's hurt the majority of them in the past aswell.

We'll see how it goes...

7. Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

just look for distractions, stay with your friends at the party even if you have nothing to talk about, most likely she would probably find ways to see if you still like her so always turn your back to her

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  8. El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Get really drunk

9. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Turned out better than I expected. On speaking terms again.