The Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Minus, Feb 16, 2012.

1. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

The Spurs will beat anybody. A 100% Heat team couldn't beat them right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they sweep OKC.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

SO HOW ABOUT DEM HEAT

Elaboration: If they're having trouble with the PACERS, they're gonna fail horribly against the 76ers.

3. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

San Antonio are easily the best team in the league. Utah and Clips aren't much of a challenge though, it'll be interesting to see how they match up against the Thunder in the WCF.

I don't see any team in the East threatening unless Bosh returns for Miami. Wade and LeBron took over in tonights game, but won't be able to do that every game.

4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

While I admit the Spurs are damn good, I wouldn't say they're the best. I see them falling to the Thunder in the WCF.

In the East, well... the Heat have been extinguished. Bosh and those intangibles man...

I see the 76ers taking the East.

5. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

I hope you're right about Philly taking the East, I've been rooting for them all playoffs. I'm a big fan of Jrue Holiday. It won't matter though, San Antonio and OKC are on a whole other level.

Great game going on right now btw.. Perhaps the Clips will steal a win

6. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Flop City might actually take this. :eek: I can't believe I'm actually about to say this, being a Suns fan and all, but...come on San Antonio!

7. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Not necessarily.

I am pumped for the West conference final though (that being if it is OKC v SAS).

8. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Pretty exciting finish to the SAS/LAC game. How about that incredible shot by Paul:
    [video=youtube;yBDff7bCbDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBDff7bCbDI[/video]

Great shot, but those were the type of attempts Danny Green made CP3 take in the final minutes. He really is a good defender and was a big reason the Spurs won in the end.

9. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Sick shot by CP3.

While the Spurs have been great so far this postseason, Utah and LAC aren't exactly the most formidable opponents. (TheJenk pointed this out above).

OKC and SAS will go 7 in the WCF. Got a feeling it will be Miami and Boston in the ECF. I hate both teams so I don't know who I'd rather see win....

either way, I hope Durantula and RW get a title before Queen James and Crybaby Wade.

10. travz21

Westbrook will implode against the Spurs.

11. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Damn Boston won game 5. Gonna be tough for Philly now. Bass dominated!

Good game going on right now in OKC. I have a feeling Kobe's gonna go off!

12. hawk

Whilst I honestly doubt it, this is the exact reason as to why I'd like the Heat to win. To shut up all the frontline haters who pay out LeBron, who mind you, would fucking crush you.

13. travz21

Lebron deserves all the hate he gets. He did it to himself with his off-court immaturity.

Plus consistently underperforming in crunch time just adds to it.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  14. hawk

People can hate, but those whom come out and dance around it, is the thing I dislike. If there is someone I dislike in any situation, I don't share it with the world and bag them every chance I get.

15. travz21

People weren't dancing around it until he joined the Heat the way he did. Or the way he acted during the finals last year. He's just a straight up punk. When you go on national TV and parade around like you're the best thing ever, claiming you're going to win multiple titles, AND not delivering and playing like a puss when it counts, you deserve every ounce of hate you get, and probably even more. People can dance around the hate as much as they like and it's 100% reasonable. If Lebron or his fans don't like it, he needs to deliver the results he promised while he was trash talking. If not, he'll be flamed his whole life.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  16. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Meh I don't really care about LeBron or Miami.. They'll always have a good record with Wade/LeBron/Bosh. But they aren't winning a championship, not deep enough and too unbalanced. Perhaps that might change in the off-season, though they don't have much $$$ to operate.

17. travz21

It'd be cool to see Nash somehow go there, but I just hate the idea of people teaming up like that. For Nash I think it's ok since he only has a few years left and doesn't have a ring, but to have stars in their mid to late 20s teaming up to try and win a ring is pretty lame. How about actually working on your game instead of taking the easy way out? The work ethic of most of the pros is awful. You have 4 months in the offseason and yet there's still a bunch of people that are under 70% from the line. Almost nobody improves their shot. The slight few that do improve their skills rise to the top quickly. If Lebron had been working on his skills seriously he wouldn't have needed to come to Miami. The majority of NBA players rely on their size and athletic ability and it's sad to see.

18. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Don't get me started on free throws.. It baffles me how players can't hit them consistently. It's more of a mental thing than skill imo. You can practice as much as you like, nerves just get to some players especially in the 4th qtr. Which is understandable in a high school / college game, but come on if you're in the NBA it's your job! Shooting free throws is like a gift, the EASIEST SHOT IN THE GAME!

Nash on the Heat would be interesting. He pretty much carried the Suns all season and damn nearly made the playoffs with a pretty crappy roster. I still think a big man should be at the top of their to-do list though..

19. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

If Steve goes to the Heat, basketball to me will be torture to watch until we draft or get a Suns Savior. With that, I'm really hoping we (my Suns) draft either Brad Beal, Austin Rivers, Kendall Marshall, or Damian Lillard.

Or get Goran Dragic back, that'll ease my pain a bit.

20. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Damian Lillard would be a nice choice if he drops to #13. Who knows, perhaps your Suns will get extremely lucky in the Lottery and get the #1 pick, draft Anthony Davis and re-sign Nash. :lol: