The case for the LPA Wiki

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Adam., Aug 7, 2010.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Know how to add the ref tags? If there's a good guide, I'll have Todd implement it.

http://wiki.lpassociation.com/index.php/Category:LinkinPark Did I do right? I'm so confused lol.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I really wish I could contribute but the whole Wiki thing is a different language to me. Is it easy to pick up?

3. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

You made one category page that references a second category page that doesn't exist yet.

I think what you were trying to do was make a category called "Releases?" in which case delete Category:LinkinPark, create a page called Category:Releases and put [[Category:Releases]] at the bottom of the "Meteora" page for example.

EDIT: yeah you got it correct for Releases. I dont know what a Linkin Park category would be for, that's kinda broad XD

Very Yes. just look here whenever you need to know something. http://wiki.lpassociation.com/index.php/Editing_Cheatsheet

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Thanks!

5. Vriska

Can i request that something like this be put on the front page? i have insufficient privileges:

6. Derek

Sure. Sorry about that. We blocked editing of the main page to prevent vandalism of that page.

7. Vriska

Which is a smart idea in the long run. As soon as the important meta-articles and templates get finished you should lock them all.

If you lock too many pages you might shove all the burden onto yourself though. I wonder if user groups and privileges can get implemented, and you can push trustworthy people onto a super editor group or something so the wiki can stay up to date.
    EDIT: oh here that is http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_rights

8. Derek

We'll look into that. Please spread the word, we want this to grow into NINWiki size a year or two from now. That's our goal!