The Catalyst in Medal Of Honor

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

You can't really say that this is autotuned. Flanging/filtering/compression can get this sound. And some people don't get the reason why artists do some of these things. It's not always about sounding cool, it's about working with the dynamics of the song and how you want certain things to stand out. And if sounding non-human is "over-producing" every T-Pain song is over-produced. If you know who Roger and Zapp are, that would make their songs over-produced too. Hell, SIB would be considered over-produced, Session, With You, and I can go on and on. So this whole "over-produced" thing is silly.

2. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Sounds like auto-tune to me. I don't care if it is or not. LP should never use auto-tune like effects, there's no need for that. They're too talented.

3. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

None of you guys have ever used auto-tune in a recording session, have you?

Until you have, I think I have the upper-hand in this argument. It's a light auto-tune, but it's still there. Just listen to his voice in the "lift me up, let me go" part and then the "god bless us" part. His voice sounds very natural and imperfect in the first example, and in the second example he hits the F's and D's absolutely perfectly. If you play along with a piano, you can hardly tell there's a voice going on because the notes are tuned perfectly.

I hate to say it, but you just have to trust me on this one. I've taken recording classes at Belmont University (Famous for it's Audio Engineering and Music Business programs) and I've used auto-tune in recording sessions. I know what I'm talking about.

4. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

question: this music for the trailer is cut and pasted correct? considering the drums were outro drums that we were given in the stems. And when looking at the other clip, I guess we can assume that the more "techno-ey" part falls in line even before the "lift me up, let me go" part chimes in.

feel free to correct me, just lookin to add it up straight

5. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

just because one or two notes hit perfectly on a song, doesnt make it auto tune. . . .

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Can we just have a friendly discussion in a news post without a virtual match to see who has the bigger e-penis? Seriously.

Who cares if mike's autotuned. Chester's voice has pitch correction the studio as well. He even admits to it. Every artist is pitch corrected on record.

7. ALivingGrudge

But they hit perfectly REPEATEDLY. Every time Mike drops down to the D in that section, even if it's just for a split second, it's a perfectly tuned D. If you've never been in a professional studio or you've never toyed around with professional auto-tune software, then why are you even bothering trying to argue with me? If I took this clip and gave it to my Audio professor, he wouldn't hesitate in saying there was auto-tune in the clip.

When you're getting told that you're straight up wrong and you know 100% that you're right, of course you're gonna defend yourself. I'm only bringing up the fact that I've been in a professional studio and toyed with auto-tune because it builds credibility in a debate. It's debate 101.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  8. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I have auto-tune. It is possible to get that effect with auto-tune, I'm just saying that you can't necessarily say that they used it. There are a few ways to get that effect

9. Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

Bingo. My thoughts exactly.

10. mmmmtastycookies

anyone, anyone? my question up top ^^?

11. Derek

Defending ALivingGrudge again...pitch correction (what autotune actually is!) is used on records in every genre. How do you think artists always sound so clear, sharp, and perfect on record? Do you really think they hit all those notes exactly right like that? No way.

ALG is right. And anyone who's trying to say he's not right now clearly has no idea about how music is recorded.

Now for god's sake. Grow up everyone, and please stop having arguments in every single news post. It's getting very old, quick.

12. ALivingGrudge

Thank you :). Now I feel bad for getting snappy at you.

13. Derek

It's okay, I kinda called you out/yelled at you in another thread and had a member yell at me thinking I meant them...so we're pretty much even :p.

14. Ryez

Ryez Active Member

Rappers don't hold the same note throughout a verse, it'd be boring if it was monotone. They use a lot of expression, so I don't think a change in note determines if it's singing/talking/rapping/shouting.

The reason I said it was shouting was something I heard back on American Idol (before I realized how bad it was), the contestants were all trying to hit big notes but ended up shouting the notes instead of actually singing them. Not entirely sure what that means, but might have something to do with the use of the diaphragm?

Anyway, his shouting/singing/rapping in that one part sounds out of key and out of place for me ... I love his other parts in the song (I'm actually a fan of his unpolished and easy-style singing like in "In Between"), but yeah that part grinds on me :/

Extra Note: Love the lyrics though, which is why I really enjoyed toxic's remix from the fan edition of the competition, he used the vocoder and gave the lyrics some melody and feeling. I'm still listening to them, love it.

15. PFortyy

PFortyy Banned

Hi

16. Derek

[​IMG]

17. mmmmtastycookies

i hope, nay, i demand that this song be leaked prior to release

18. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

What's so funny is that when my local radio station(102.9 the buzz) will play this song they'll be like...........is this rock? haha, which is funny in itself, but I know they'll still play it because Linkin Park has a history and they deserve for their songs to be played on the radio, no matter what. And this song sounds SOOOO epic it's not even funny. I can't wait to hear chester's singing in this song and in this album, it's going to be sick, I'm asking off of work that day so I can lay back and have a full, quiet, loud listen to this album all the way through.

19. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

good luck on that one lol

20. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Guys, Halo:Reach will be out soon and everything will be ooookay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.