The Catalyst Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

Oh I'd also like to say that everyone saying that it needs to be listened to on good speakers or headphones are absolutely correct. Although I'd say this about most (good) songs. Solid sound quality is so important in music, so very few things translate well with bad speakers or meh earbuds.

2. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

VIVA LP lets sing

God bless us everyone....

3. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Catalyst makes you go [​IMG]

4. JoshWeaver

JoshWeaver Member

This song is truly great. I love it, one of my favorite LP songs. It has so much energy, makes me feel like this album will truly be EPIC. Im really looking forward to clips of ATS songs in a few weeks as well as the documentary of ATS. I love to see the creative minds of LP.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm beginning to get slightly annoyed how long it is. At the end, Mike says lift me up let me go alone 2 times more than necessary. Every time I listen, I keep thinking (and wanting) Chester to come in after Mike says it 4 times. One or two similar instances happen earlier in the song as well. Sometimes itunes releases radio edits, I may like the radio edit version better. Haha I figured it's time to dissect this song to the bone. I still am really digging it! 8/10 as of this second.

6. love_lp

love_lp Try To Catch Up..

Same here! I'm soo annoyed right now. I pre-ordered on July 27th & I haven't gotten The Catalyst in my email

7. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

~5:42

8. Kaleda519

Kaleda519 Well-Known Member

It's amazing, what can I say? slightly disappointed when Zane played it on Radio 1 but then again I was at work! Got home, redeemed my download thingy from the email, and have been listening to it over and over since. It's epic amazingness! :headbang:

9. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

^^

5:43

10. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Love how people on LP's Myspace page and YouTube are complaining about the song because it doesn't sound like the old LP at all and doesn't have a clear structure, this album might annoy many of these teenagers and commercial music lovers who enjoyed LP's old sound and don't want to hear a more challenging, risky sound from them.

11. Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

I know some people on here will probably flip out at me for saying this (especially a few of the older fans who don't want change)... But I'm really hoping there's a few songs on this album that have the pace of Not Alone.... I think Chester sounds great in songs that build and I hope he gets more of a chance to display his versatility on this album, because from listening to The Catalyst there's nothing special in the vocals and Chester certainly isn't reaching his fullest vocal potential whatsoever

12. Isthil

Isthil Member

And this new genre shall be known simply as this: EPIC

13. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Overall, I give this song a 8.5/10. It amazing when you compare the new material in TC to their older songs - man, they have evolved so much. I like what derek said about how this could be the "weakest song" from the album, yet this could be the most radio-friendly track that will give them more initial commercial success. With that being said, lets hope this is the falling action in the journey and the preceding songs kick-the-most-ass. The replay value is low in this song I would like to add. If the video is still in post-production and editing then the wait for an awesome video will be sooo worth it. I hope they go back to the roots of the OSC atmosphere and energetic performance. How can they capture their innovative and fresh sound, yet still express the energy they want to bring to the music video? I assume something big is going to happen near the end of TC music video to be congruent with the structure of the song. MR HAAHN must have something awesome up his sleeve to give to the public!

14. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Love the scratching at the start.

15. Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

The vast majority of people (children) who comment (or you could say spew their garbage) on any of LP's recent song on youtube (most of M2M and forward) have the maturity of a 9 year old, the musical knowledge of a 10 year old, and probably aren't much older than that themselves

16. LP2010

LP2010 New Member

And I thought I was the only one! I guess we'll just have to be patient. I just don't want to purchase it from iTunes since I've pre-ordered it

17. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

The song is good...not great. Without a doubt its not in the top 3 singles of Linkin Parks' to date. I will say that it pleasantly surprised me compared to what I was hearing from the MOH trailer but it still did not live up to the high expectations I had for their debut single

18. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Yeah, most of the Facebook commenters I've seen are saying the song is awful because it doesn't sound like old LP.

Their loss.

19. DecanoLP

DecanoLP Active Member

EPIC, EPIC, EPIC!

cstebila, 5:42 :)

20. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

Probably my favorite part. The intro (prior to lyrics) and outro definitely stand-out to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.