The Catalyst Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

let me change it to i hope for some

2. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Ive been to a show with 15 thousand people and 20 thousand people.

Both times I wasn't a member of LPunderground and got pitseats both times no problem.

The second time the show sold out and i still got tix on ebay

3. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

I love where your heart is, but man.............seeing chester do this for 15 more years will like.............kill him haha, i'm sorry, but he's got a hell of a voice and that's the thing........he's got a VOICE that will not last, that's why they need to make as much music as they can as young as they are, chester is the oldest

I'm sure chester keeps his voice professionally healthy(whatever that means) by drinking lots of water and other things to keep his vocals clean, but seeing him as old as KISS are and singing Faint and Given Up, pssshhh! haha

go LP, i'm with ya man....LP forever............and KISS, I'm a lifetime kiss fan, too

4. noonetohearme

noonetohearme Member

Can I just say one thing? This is to all of the people that can't decide whether or not to like the song & to all of the people who flat out don't like the song. This is in no way, shape or form a bashing or smashing of arguments towards you; just an opinion and a point attempt:

When you think of LP, what do you think of? Close your eyes....what do you think of? I would say(just me) that a majority would be thinking of Chester Bennington? Or maybe Mike Shinoda? Am I right? When you think of LP as being the 'Hybrid Theory' sound it's like....giving them no room to evolve as a group. When I fell in love with LP, I fell in love with mostly Chester's singing.......and then the sounds of their music came second along with Mike's lyrical genius.

So, my point is that when you listen to 'The Catalyst', it's hard to bash LP for making a song that isn't like Faint, One Step Closer, Breaking the Habit, or even POA....it's a lyrical song...and mainly lyrics. That's the point they're trying to get across. They're putting the sounds to the lyrics to give it a likeable sound for many....and a sound that seems like everyone in the band contributed to it, hence the scratching by Joe Hahn and bass by Pheonix...

All I'm saying is that the LP is held together by Mike and Chester....if one of them left, LP would never be the same....

So, with that said....their new single is pretty awesome. The lyrics are great and are very ballsy. They're trying to make a point. They're actually calling us out to be honest. From major world wars to the small wars we have in our own home, they're trying to make a point that we're better than this...the album will be fantastic... I can assure you that.

5. mahatma

mahatma New Member

WOW

the song !
    soooo, diffrent. definetely LP got new style. waaaaaaay different from the others.
    weird at first.
    still weird in second
    third .......???....???
    ok, still weird, a little bit
    after that ......
    :D
    gotchaaa
    its definetely
    GROWING !!!

WOW
    lp just know how to chill their fans
    Great !!

6. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I thought I was the only one who thinks about this constantly.

7. F1st3R

F1st3R Well-Known Member

This song is so epic. It sure is one of their best songs ever (for me atleast). Now I'm waiting for the video and then for the album that will be 100% full of epicness!

8. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

well..in short...the guitar is played way differently..and so has Joe hahn done quite a bit of different stuff on song..which wasn't expected...Mike's sung a lot more..and has done it well..

it takes time to come to reality that linkin park can also do somethin else besides nu metal..the song's gr8..

lift me up..let me go..part is awesome....

and the song doesn't feel like 5:42....it doesn't feel dragged..hats off to LP...

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, because the song structure is familiar. :) That's what makes me go "yep, that's Linkin Park, alright."

10. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

(my post is off topic please dont ban me)i turned on the TV i heard some of to-days songs of justin beiber (correct me if the spelling is wrong)and some other artists 'The Catalyst' is years better than those songs.according to me music isnt as good as it used to be ten years ago in all genres. in pop britney spears is replaced by miley cyrus
    rock is almost dead.eminem is also not as good as before .green day is not punk anymore.nu metal is replaced by emo ,change is shocking but we have to get used to it .so 'The Catalyst'is a really good song.
    LP FOREVER

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You made this exact same post in the thread about the lyrics video no less than two minutes ago. Just letting you know. <.<

12. PFortyy

PFortyy Banned

Yeah, I noticed that too.. This song has really grown on me now. I love it

13. Bennoda Girl

Bennoda Girl A past to overwrite.

I like the song, sounds great. Can't wait till semtember the 14th...

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[youtube]0MRmxfLuNto[/youtube]

Your name makes me cringe.

----

In other news, it's funny how popular opinion in my state is that the song is horrible, but everyone I meet and talk to about it seem to enjoy it.

15. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Love that movie.

16. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

17. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

:rofl:

18. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Too many variables. I saw them at the Nissan Pavilion in VA and there must have been about 12,000 people there. In Houston they could undoubtedly pull larger crowds, depending on the size of the venue.

19. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Well I can finally post on how I feel about the song...

I love it. It really grows on you. I love the complexness of the music and the simpleness of the lyrics.

Like I said before I can't wait to see how the music all ties together to complete the musical journey LP wants us to take with this album.

9/10 and by September 14th I day it'll be even higher!

20. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Just bought the song on itunes, love the entire version

Its truly different.. i like it alot, and hurra Mr. Hahn is back. Love the endning of the song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.