The Catalyst Premium CD Single Stickers

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Ehh...not when you get accused by many of "not being able to let go of teh numetalz" if you don't like the new music.

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

Dude, it took me so damn long to figure out what "teh numetalz" was. I'm a dummy.

The only time I've seen people say that people can't let go of nu-metal is when...they can't let go of nu-metal. Some people just spam that LP should go back to nu-metal, and it seems kinda pointless for them to be on a topic when the subject is about seven years away from nu-metal.

By the way...not sure if there is a quote for this (I couldn't find it), but didn't LP say before that they didn't place themselves in a genre? That they weren't nu-metal? I vaguely remember this, but I could be making it up.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's because the people who have had that said to them are people who have blatantly said "LP needs to go back to nu-metal" or "I want them to sound like they did 10 years ago". Of course those people are going to be ridiculed because Nu-Metal has been dead for over 7 years. It's laughable that some people are asking people to return to a dead genre that the band never said they were a part of in the first place.

As for the people who dislike the song because it's not their cup of tea, if you'd read over the Catalyst thread you'd see those people are and have been respected. It's the morons who cry over it not being another nu-metal album that get made fun of. So your opinion (while respected) does not appropriately label this community as a whole.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No, you're not making it up.

Mike Shinoda - 2006 - During M2M recording process

"I think it's fair to say we were doing that, we were part of that, whatever it is but as we moved on since then I think we've always tried to break the boundaries of that label. We never wanted to be in that genre in the first place, we just make what we make because it's who we are"

*"We kind of don't know how to make music any other way. This next Linkin Park record is going to further push us to push though boundaries and learn new things and try different ideas and move even further outside Nu-Metal and Rap Rock that we never wanted to be a part of in the first place. We'll be moving out of it forever.

the enigma

Thanks Jesse. Good to know I'm not delusional.

And Derek, thank you once again for having the knowledge of the english language I lack. Seems like every time I try to get a point across, you stop by and actually do it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, but there have been a fair few people making blanket statements to that end as well, if not saying it directly to others. When maybe people just, y'know, don't like it that much.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I think you're going to get that in any forum, anywhere. It also works both ways that if you like it, you're a sheep, if you don't, you want another HT. Nobody can win. Unfortunately we just have to put up with it. I try my hardest to not get caught up in debates like that because it only matters if I like it or not. However, it's unavoidable and I like to think the majority of people here can be pretty constructive and deal with people's opinions whether positive or negative for the most part.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The only problems I have are when people say they will love a band no matter what they do and force themselves to like it. If you don't like it, accept that, and the people who are upset for the sole reason that it is not HT or MT instead of genuinely disliking it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I know, it happens on both sides and is probaby unavoidable for the most part. It does happen though.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

I can't WAIT for the album !!! i'm kinda optimistic with this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the enigma

I always stay optimistic with a new release, regardless of how much I like/dislike the artist. Of course, some releases take some getting used to. Me and Reanimation did not get along back in the day.

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

It would take more than a few stickers for me to buy this single especially when I will already be purchasing the album. Now if the song had met my expectations, well that's a totally different story.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

Is there anything bigger than thread winner? If so, then that term applies to you! :awesome:

I've slowly grown tired of this never ending circle and never ending labelling of others (fans, LP as a band, etc.). I think there will be a little less of this now, but when the album comes out it will hit the threads like a bomb again. At least LP's still able to create a lot of excitement! :)

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

When do you guys reckon we'll start to get ATS reviews?

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

September.

The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

i was wondering, when the production of the final cd/cd release is finished

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Mia's only 6 months and she loves stickers! I don't personally like them cos I stick them on the walls and get in trouble from the landlord for 'ruining' the walls. I've got Frostwire stickers and can't wait to get LP stickers!

erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

ufffhhhh i want the album already :S this waiting is killing me

lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

DID ANYBADY HEARD THE NEW SONG OF LIMP BIZKIT IT WAS REALY GOOD

Shockwavez

Shockwavez Member

@lp_mohd: i heard the song a minute ago, and in my opinion Limp Bizkit had better songs, but this one is also good...ahh yeah sry for off-topic!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.