The Coldplay thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Abel, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Omar Ali

Omar Ali Active Member

New album is called Ghost Stories coming May 19.

2. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Hate to doubt you, but source?

3. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

4. brady

Alright sorry for ever doubting you and HOLY SHIT! Officially hyped for this new album! That album art is sick! Magic sounds pretty awesome, but I think I like Midnight better.

Also, I'm glad that Atlas wasn't released on this album. It was meant for the movie, and it probably would've felt like it was just thrown in there.

5. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Magic is a interesting take on a new Coldplay. I've noticed the bass is insane on new Coldplay. It's killing it on my headphones.

6. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

yooooooooo. 2/2 as far as I'm concerned. I love the atmosphere and the fact that the album is 9 songs.

7. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Upon initial 3 listens, I'm not a fan of Magic. I mean, it's not BAD but it doesn't have the same impact Midnight had.

8. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

True. It doesn't have the same uniqueness. But I enjoy it and it fits as a lead single

9. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I'm not digging Magic nearly as much as I have Midnight, although it's still good. I'm still incredibly excited for Ghost Stories though. I can't wait until May 19th for it! :(

10. brady

I was honestly expecting a way later date, around the summer or something. So it's nice to see a mid-May release.

11. Gibs

True. It could have come out a lot later.

Though I don't like Magic as much as Midnight, I'm really like the atmospheric direction they seem to be going in. I'm really loving the bass and piano work on these two tracks.

12. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

meh, not the biggest fan of "Magic", but i still fuck with "Midnight".

13. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I definitely prefer Magic over Midnight.

Edit: Not as good on my second listen. That's basically two misses for me on this album so far.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  14. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Seeming like this isn't going to be the Coldplay album for me. Sigh.

15. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Oh, I love this song. AND THE ALBUM ART. Couldn't be more excited! 9 songs though? I'm expecting hidden tracks guise.

It's ridiculously good!

16. Gibs

Or there might just be longer track lengths. I would love to see that. Let the songs breathe.

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ This. I need to hear more songs ;P

18. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Don't know about you guys, but to me "Magic" is pretty damn awesome! It's pretty damn groovy for starters; I've never jammed so hard to an acoustic beat before! The production is brilliant! They stripped down their instruments significantly, but still kept the same over-produced sound of Mylo Xyloto, with the echoing, choruses and whatnot; and it sounds amazing! Also noticed that it has the same ambient noise in the background as "Midnight". Is that this album's common sound? Because if it is, it's gonna be a really awesome, spooky touch to the rest of the album.

Wait.. there it is! That's why this album's called Ghost Stories! It's gonna have a "haunted" feeling, isn't it? A mysterious album, if you will? First acoustic peace (Parachutes), then an alt rock symphony (Rush of Blood), then a space rock odyssey (X&Y), then an art rock masterpiece (Viva la Vida), then an explosion of technicolor (Mylo Xyloto), and now a mysterious ambience? (Ghost Stories)

Fuck I'm excited for this album now! Haven't felt this pumped for an album since the lead-up Living Things! Lucky I live in a Friday release country so i can get the album on May 16th instead of the 19th!

[THUMB]http://exclaim.ca/images/coldplay13.jpg[/THUMB] [THUMB]http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/2014/03/coldplay-magic-608x608.jpg[/THUMB]

My god, that is amazing, isn't it? I just love how Coldplay does something so radically different each time! I remember falling in love with the Mylo Xyloto artwork when it was revealed, and I feel the same for this one and the artwork for "Magic" as well!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  19. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Magic is a good track but not nearly as great as Midnight, that's for sure. But the fact that I can say that I like it is already big, not being a Coldplay fan to begin with. Also, the art looks pretty interesting. Well, can't wait to hear more!

20. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I like the non-stadium feel to "Magic" and "Midnight". Feels more intimate. :)