The creation of another concept album.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Spidey, Jun 23, 2014.

Spidey

Spidey Member

I created this topic to talk about the possibility of LP creating another concept record such as A Thousand Suns in the future. One of the reasons i find ATS to be the best album of LP, apart from its difference in sound compared to what they had created in the past, is also because it is a beautiful concept album that combines its tracks all together and creates a theme. I believe that if LP were to create another concept record, ATS would have a competitor in terms of epicness, diversity and groundbreaking-ness. What is your opinion? Do you think LP can pull it off and give us another epic album such as this? Discuss.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

i'd be so in for another concept album. i mean you could argue that MTM and THP are, but not in the 'strength' of ATS.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see them do an actual concept album, one that has a story.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The should do their own "The Wall" or "American Idiot".

Would be really interesting to get an Album with a story.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The Hunting Party touring cycle will go down as one of their most aggressive and exhaustive yet.

If they took a long break and returned with a mega 2-disc magnum opus, that would be the dream.

Spidey

Spidey Member

Thing is, i don't even know if the band can pull this off again, or even, if the want to try at all. It was a really stressful procedure, one that we got to see inside the making of.

Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

Can they even make a concept record? And I don't mean musically because they love to link up their songs anyway, but lyrically? Can they tell a story over 10 songs that has a proper arc?

After ATS and LT I would say yes but after hearing THP I really, really doubt it unless they either bring in a new producer or don't let Brad anywhere near lyrics (this being the assumption that THP has worse lyrics than their previous 3 albums due to the new involvement of Brad).