The Death Cab's Open Door

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Shadester, Mar 26, 2009.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Death Cab for Cutie announced recently that they're releasing a new EP which contains extra tracks from Narrow Stairs sessions and a demo of one of the songs. At first, I thought it would be crap because listening to the castoffs from an already mediocre album didn't appeal to me. But, in conjunction with Stereogum, every day for the past three, they've been streaming one new song daily and they've completely changed my mind. While I found Narrow Stairs to be very bland and overly mediocre for a Death Cab record, these new tracks really hint at a return to form.

Enough talk, you guys should check em' out: http://stereogum.com/archives/new-death-cab-for-cutie-i-was-once-a-loyal-lover-s_060951.html

The links for the previously streamed tracks are also there. Btw, the EP is called The Open Door and will be available on the 31st.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

In my opinion, Narrows Stairs was as good as any Death Cab record, sounds like something I'll definitely check out.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Wooo! I liked the newest album.

But Plans and Transatlanticism are my favorites.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I didn't like Narrow Stairs much either, a couple of tracks aside. Thanks for sharing this though. I'll take a listen later.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I loved Narrow Stairs, I found it quite dark.