The guys need a new singer

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Chris loves LP, Sep 29, 2017.

?

Should they find a new singer?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No. They should continue as a 5-piece

54 vote(s)
    67.5%
  3. No matter what they do, they are done

6 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

The last few pages of this thread give me a headache.

2. Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

I still hold onto the opinion that i’d like the band to continue. If that’s under the name Linkin Park or they go under Fort Minor or another name altogether and keep it in the Linkin Park universe. If thats a 5 piece or with a new singer thats up to them to decide what they feel is best. Although i do believe that a 5 piece wouldn’t be that far off what we saw anyway. We have had other mike only vocal songs before so it wouldn’t be too much of a shock to the system and i do think the new style of writing they showed on OML fits Mike a lot more especially with Invisible. But its up to them and how they feel. I do think they could mix in old LP and this next (currently) hypothetical chapter at concerts and make it work. It won’t be the same but im sure they can find the right formula to make something new and exciting and those for the music as well.

3. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I would love to hear Lauren on a LP song, she's one of my favorite singers. but there's only one problem, CHVRCHES hate Mike Shinoda :lol:

4. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

... omg no they fucking don't!

5. Sasuke

Ok maybe not hate, but I don't think they would want to work with him :/

6. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Chvrches are rather unremarkable.

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Exactly.

@Sasuke They were mildly annoyed by a comment made by Mike in an interview that an interviewer presented to them deliberately out of context. Then that same interviewer took CHVRCHES response out of context, and manufactured a feud. Neither of them hate eachother, even though Mike kinda could've handled the THP hype period a lot better.

Mike spoke about it on his (now defunct) blog:

Kevin and KonKeR-182 like this.
  8. Sasuke

Yeah I'm familiar with the whole story. I think "hate" wasn't really the right word, sorry for that :p

9. MadNyankomon-Senpai

MadNyankomon-Senpai Well-Known Member

It would be wrong if they go under the name Fort Minor because it's Mike's Hip-Hop side project.
    If they ever retire the name Linkin Park, which i doubt they will do, they should start with another name, but the band would be way to similar to Linkin Park. i don't see any point in retiring the name Linkin Park just because Chester isn't there anymore. Sure he was an important member, but the other play also a huge role in the band. No matter which member Linkin Park would have lost instead of Chester, it would have been the same situation as right now anyway and we would have put our trust in Mike to take the role of the missing member.
    Linkin Park is still Linkin Park, even without Chester, because they still try to hold on together. The sound is still there and the other voice is still with us.

You know what, i won't lie, a Linkin Park without Chester sucks, a Linkin Park with a missing member sucks.
    But we can't change what happened and we all have to make the best out of this shitty situation. We should all support Linkin Park no matter what happens, even if they get a new lead singer. They need our support the most right now.

I hate that this had to happen too soon, even later it would be too soon, even if Chester was over 100 years old, it will still be too soon, it will always be too soon.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Iopia likes this.
  10. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I can see Adam Gontier ex-three days grace fitting with LP. But he has a low voice just as mike, so we wouldn't have so much contrast with the high tones Chester did.

11. HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

I think there might be a middle ground. What if Linkin Park did a collaboration album? Carlos Santana does this all the time, and DJs too. There can be a few tracks where it is just the group, but the other songs would feature other major artists. This idea maintains their image of being diverse and flexible. While no one can imitate Chester, they can share different options to us so we can imagine which song reminds them of him.

Mike technically already did this with his side project, Fort Minor (how many tracks featured another artist? 10 out of 15). So he might be comfortable with this option.

For example, Mike just presented his song "Looking for an Answer". It reminds us of Chris Martin of Coldplay. I can totally imagine Chris Martin singing that song WITH Linkin Park playing. He could change his tone to match up with the sound that Linkin Park plays.

I'll even go one step further. While we all need to move on, there will always be a hunger for someone that reminds us of Chester. So every once in a while they can bring in someone like Oliver Sykes from Bring Me the Horizon who is the closest to the late Chester to sing a song of two.

But then again, all this is up to the band. If it does not feel right, they should not do it. And that applies to if they do not want to be Linkin Park at all anymore.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  12. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

So, I'm convinced if they ever do get a new singer, based on What we saw at the concert, they should be a female.

13. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Ilsey Juber is the perfect choice for a female lead. I like her stage presence and charisma on the stage while performing Sharp Edges and TTM.

Sasuke and Modern Guitar God like this.
  14. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I felt like Jon Green did a wonderful job backing up the band for the entire show that he should take over the keyboard and guitar instrumental work from Mike which would allow Mike to focus more on the vocals. Mike has a huge stage persona which is usually restrained when he is behind the keyboard. But this show really showed that Mike's stage presence is just as big as Chester's was but in a different manner.
    This show was almost like a tryout for Jon Green. He was literally a part for the entire show along with the band. I don't know, I just feel like he will be a great new addition to the band.

15. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I would absolutely like to see Jon Green working more with the band in the future, or even joining. The guy is super talented and the show proved that he would fit in well.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  16. BBestvin

BBestvin New Member

I have no idea how the band should move forward...all I know is that it's been on my mind for months now, along with just feeling sad about everything that's transpired. I was happy to see the concert and all of the support our band has received from their friends and music community. That being said, I know that Chester will never be replaced, nor do I think it should ever be viewed that way. However, I think that the best choice for the band would be someone who could at least do their back catalog some justice. Unfortunately I don't think that will come from an established band. How the chemistry will be affected bringing in a new member, I don't really know. I've been browsing YouTube the last few weeks and stumbled upon a guy who does LP covers...and he does them pretty well. Again, from my perspective, no one will ever be able to live-up to Chester, not only in terms of his voice, but also his personality and charisma. By the way, I don't know this guy personally, but was pretty impressed with some of his vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSmkO_s27N221ht7CC6yCjQ

17. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

After the concert I really liked Jon Green and Ilsey Juber to at least become long term collaborators if not new additions to the band. Loved both of their performances the most and feel they could really add to the band in a unique way. I was originally against it but I've warmed up to the idea.

CannaKippers and Knt.Slbs like this.
  18. LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I was a bit disappointed by Alanis Morissette's performance. i was expecting something totally different, much more energy.
    I still haven't watched the full concert, but the way Kiiara outshined Julia Michaels was not surprising at all, but I may owe that to not liking Julia's voice, not even a tiny bit of it,
    I liked Oli's performance overall and for a male lead singer he'd be a safe bet. If they choose to go with a female singer, I've cited some names and could add some more, but there's no need to do it. I didn't mention Kiiara, though, but I like the way she sounds with LP, despite not liking the way she sings solo, it just doesn't feel natural. In case she does more collabs or even becomes the lead singer in the future, I'd like her to sound more like Heavy Kiiara and not like the one on Gold. Same person, but way different performances.
    One More Light was a beautiful moment as always and the way the crowd got into In The End was breathtaking as well, nothing new, but always amazing. I'll probably watch it from start to finish this weekend.

19. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

This.

20. Tricia

Tricia New Member

I haven't really thought about this because it's too painful I miss Chester and no one will ever be him. I just pray for the guys now as they go through this nightmare , that they take care of themselves , Down the Rd I want them to continue , there so talented and Chester would want them to , but I don't want another singer , The only one I would want to do it is Mike.