The Hollywood Undead thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Hishaminayat, Jan 27, 2015.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Is that good or bad? :lol:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The song is bad either way, it was just a bit off-putting. :lol:

brady

Well, didn't really expect you to like it anyways. But I gotta dream sometimes :lol:

At least you don't think it's complete shit.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Not sure if we're still updating this thread or anything but two songs have been released since the last time and music video for Day of the Dead. Didn't really care for How We Roll but Live Forever is pretty good.

brady

Yeah I just didn't feel like making a formal post about How We Roll because of how boring it was. I didn't notice that Live Forever and a music video for Day of the Dead was released.

I checked out Live Forever and it's okay, certainly better than How We Roll and Usual Suspects. I don't really like the rap parts but the chorus is pretty good. So far they have done an excellent job of utilizing everyone's vocals for the songs, and that variety was missing from Notes From The Underground.

As for the Day of the Dead music video, where might I be able to watch this?

lovablepanda

Agreed, the chorus and the build-up to the chorus are the best part. Wish they did more with the bridge but it's whatever.

If you go to Hollywood undead's Facebook page you can find a link to rock on the range where the music video is available. Not my favorite from them. Not sure what's going on. I think their videos on American Tragedy were much better. Never saw the ones from Notes from the Underground.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I want to instigate a vote in the name of efficiency that we rename "The Hollywood Undead thread" to "The Hollywood UnThread".

brady

:lol:

lovablepanda

I say YES!!!!

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I listened to the songs in this thread. Why...

[​IMG]

brady

So far...

Gravity > Day of the Dead > Live Forever >>>>>>> How We Roll > Usual Suspects

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Wow, that was absolutely terrible.
    at least Danny has a cute af voice. *shot*

brady

You talking about Live Forever?

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Was more of a general comment to everything I heard in the thread.
    Tbh, if they cut the rapping out (It's god awful), I could totes get off to Danny's voice, it's sooooo hawt

brady

Yeah their rapping imo is pretty subpar at best. But it's functional for most songs. Like for Believe, J3T's verse is pretty damn good and fits well with that song. And I also agree that Danny's vocals are really good. He's one of the reasons why I keep coming back to this band (I hardly ever listen to Swan Songs).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

So, the album was below average, generic rap rock that I've come to expect from this band. While there were a few stand outs, Dark Places and Live Forever being the primary ones, the lows were fucking awful. War Child was 100% terrible, and Does Everybody in the World Have to Die? is really bad. 4.5/10

lovablepanda

Curses, I was hoping for a couple more highs. Oh well. Its Hollywood Undead so I guess no surprise here. Notes from the Underground was definitely a pleasant surprise with a lot of highs so I was hoping for more stuff like that but oh well.

brady

I'll wait till Tuesday to listen to it, but I'll prepare to be disappointed (sadly).

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It's Hollywood Undead. Stay constantly prepared. :p

brady

Alright I deleted my last post so I could give my full thoughts on all the tracks without having to double post.

1. Usual Suspects - 3/10 - Yep, the song still sucks. The chorus has grown on me more, and the bridge is pretty good with the guitar part, so I upped the score to a 3.

2. How We Roll - 1/10 - Also still sucks. The track is overall pretty boring and Danny couldn't provide a decent chorus on this track.

3. Day of the Dead - 7.5/10 - A pretty solid track. Pretty good rapping (for HU standards) mixed with a very catchy and upbeat chorus makes for a pretty good first single. The bridge is also very good.

4. War Child - 7/10 - Surprisingly, I like this track. Danny kills it on this song, and the drop was done pretty well compared to other tracks on this album.

5. Dark Places - 3/10 - This song isn't too bad, it's just so boring and never progresses.

6. Take Me Home - 5/10 - Also kinda boring like Dark Places, but at least this is more catchy than Dark Places, and the rapping overall is better.

7. Gravity - 9/10 - I loved this song the day it came out, and I still do. I've already posted my opinions on the song earlier in this thread.

8. Does Everyone in the World Have to Die? - 0/10 - Wow, this song tried to be the Kill Everyone of the album, except the only difference was that Kill Everyone was actually done well.

9. Disease - 5/10 - The lyrics are pretty shitty, but the overall good vocal performances from the band members (especially Danny's like always) improves the song.

10. Party By Myself - 1/10 - This what I was talking about earlier about bad party anthems on this album. Will the synth works, nothing else does.

11. Live Forever - 6/10 - This song is okay. But they kill the pre chorus and chorus, which is really a reoccurring theme on this album.

12. Save Me - 8.5/10 - The lyrics, the vocals, the rapping, the instrumental, everything was done right in this song. It just feels a little stale, which is why I only gave it an 8.5.

[Bonus Track] Guzzle, Guzzle - 1/10 - This song is laughably bad. I like the instrumental on this song... but other than that it's complete utter shit.

[Bonus Track] I'll Be There - 8/10 - Imagine Dragons, is that you? This sounds nothing like a HU song. Which I don't mind, cause I enjoy ID and I enjoy this song.

[Bonus Track] Let Go - 9.5/10 - Finally, the Outside of this album. The feels, man. :cry: A very relatable track and is a prime example of why I like this band.

[Bonus Track] Sing - 9/10 - Again, very different for this band. Very poppy, which I don't mind because I prefer the more heartfelt side of this band.

[Bonus Track] Fuck The World - 4/10 - Yeah there isn't nearly enough teen angst in me to love the song. :lol:

[Bonus Track] Ghost - 9/10 - I just love how frantic this song, especially the beat. Really helps create this distressed atmosphere to the song. Not to mention that chorus is catchy as fuck.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015