The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Speaking of Mike singing, do we know whether or not he will sing (other than backup) on this record?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Nothing has really been said at this point. I'm hoping for another song with both singing and rapping from Mike other than Hands Held High.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Great article, liked every character of that one. Informative, too, June 26th COME NOW!!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Yeah, I hope we get to hear more singing. It really spices things up and I think his singing was excellent on A Thousand Suns. Interestingly enough, Mike seems to write better lyrics when he sings too.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

sounds awesome really looking froward to it

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So basically, "Burn It Down" featuring Justin Bieber does exist. And Mike's raps become more swaggy. :trollface:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Even so, he'll never top JB in the rapping department. ;P

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Best read yet. This is where I start to become excited about the album. Just over 2 months away still, but I'm certain we'll be hearing more new music sooner than that.

rlkx

rlkx Like an army falling, one by one by one..

At this point, I cant really be more excited and anxious for this new album. May/June cant last that long

6161 Well-Known Member

ahahaha! nice!

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

JUNE 25TH COME NOW

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I don't always agree with Bliss, but when I do, it's about 808s being shite.

LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

You do understand that the world is ending December 2012, right? We lose 2 months if your wish is granted

stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

1) Great Read.. Although I may have spent just as much time doing my usual geek-out on the studio equipment/shots {I basically live in recording studios} as I did enjoying the informative article. I liked the part where the he mentions being "overwhelmed by the sea of faders and convoluted tentacles hardwired into cabinets"..It helps to remind me of what most people are probably hearing when I start talking about the stuff I do...

2) Personally, I think that the dub-step comparisons aren't the best way to describe the breakdowns in songs like "Blackout" and "New Divide". If anything, it brings to mind industrial music... I would suggest that people who only have dub-step to compare those breakdowns to could potentially cite a myriad of instances where Trent Reznor does similar sounding things with Nine Inch Nails' music. (Off the top of my head: "The Great Destroyer" from about 1:45 onward.)

3) For an example of what a mixer does, I'll use a name from an erstwhile era of LP... Back on the making-of Meteora DVD, Brad mentions Andy Wallace having mixed Nirvana's "Nevermind" album as being a positive credential. Why? To answer that question, one need only compare Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or "In Bloom" (mixed by Andy Wallace) to something like Nirvana's "Very Ape" or "Radio Friendly Unit Shifter" (which were not mixed by Andy Wallace). Then, assume that the source material that he had to work with was something remotely similar.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

awesome article. cant wait to hear the punishing geetarz and chaz's screeches.:awesome:

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Very well written and informative article. I like the bit where it says that the record is still experimental.

Geki

Geki >.

I think Chester will be singing most of the stuff on this album, kind of like he did on MTM. I prefer Mike's raps than I do over any of his singing stuff, so it works for me.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

this is actually making me pretty excited for the album now (for like for realz now)

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

That's the thing I'm the most curious about. I feel like it would have been mentioned in the SPIN review so that reduces the possible tracks he sings on to 7 at most. I really hope he sings on at least a couple of them, because that was a definite highlight on ATS for me.

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Maybe they didn't show him the whole album and he did not hear the tracks in the actual order of the album.
    Eventually he heard only the five songs LP also presented the Press. So when he's talking about the first two tracks it doesn't necessarily mean he was talking about Lost in the Echo and In my Remains, though its likely. Possibly he refered to Burn it Down comparing the sound to the old days.

Don't know why, but now I'm just imagining how a ATS/LIVING THINGS-Papercut version would sound like :D

Really excited after reading that article.
    As long as LP won't ever work with Don Gilmore anymore , everything is just fine for me.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.