The Hunting Party Album/Song Lengths

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 11, 2014.

1. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Can we just stop the YouTube videos of "The summoning" and actually debate about some songs

2. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

Apologies, I didn't notice until just. My phone must of had some sort of attack. Deleted one of my posts anyway, thanks!

3. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the track lengths. Like many on here, I was surprised seeing the lengths of The Summoning and War, maybe even a little disappointed. But when I saw the lengths for Mark the Graves and A Line in the Sand, I was very pleased once again. I have a hunch that War may be the "Victimized" of THP but only time will tell. I think it's also likely that The Summoning will be an interlude connecting GATS and War. I think it's great we're getting a lengthier album from LP. Hopefully some of the songs will be given more "breathing room" and won't feel rushed or leave us wanting more.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  4. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

Because that's totally better. :kappa:

5. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

How awesome would it be if we get a full length version of carousel :D I could see that style song being on this album.

6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Been really busy these past two days!

Yes!!!!! Lets go!

2 songs 5+ minutes and a 6 minute song. DEFINITELY IN

EDIT: seems like two instrumentals to me though which im not sure I want :( I guess as long as they work :)

I dont think it will be like GATS. I feel it will be the messenger in the sense that it brings you back to down to earth or to "the peace after the war" at the end of the record.

I think it will be the 2nd softer song of the album.

agreed that both of those are instrumentals. Not sure I like that but im opening up the idea if TS is a an epic intro to War

It probably goes along with War which is why it is where it is in the tracklist

definitely! really looking foward to that part! Plus 3 songs with 5+ minutes has got me very excited.

Best LP song of all time :isee:

Can't tell if sarcastic or not

Sounds like both are instrumentals to me. Probably both leading into their respective tracks of Drawbar being seperate.

Drawbar has a instrumental name.

7. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Fun fact: VICTIMIZED is 1:46 and not an instrumental - War is 2:11, and with said evidence, The Summoning may very well have the sickest lyrics.

I suppose I'll be the other of two intelligent people here who are not judging the content of a song from its title :kappa:

8. Blake

Got something against Metalcore bands? Tell us how you really feel :cocainefan:

I think ALITS will be the only other soft song personally. I could maby see 3 soft songs but because of the way they are describing this album I feel only two of them will be

This is what I get for being late to the party :FUUUUUU: Editing and deleting every single post is hard work and gets old

9. Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I can see the summoning being some kind of heavy building instrumental akin to something like wake maybe. Then war will be some kind of guitar laden shred. My guess anyway

10. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

What if... What if TS, War and Wastelands blend into one big track that follows a single theme?

Think about it, 'The Summoning', build up before the storm, 'War' a powerful track that could melt your face (peak of the story), and 'Wastelands' the aftermath of the previous two.

Normally I'm not one to do theories and shit, but that just came to my mind :lol:

11. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

:crikey:

12. Top2Bottom

Highly plausible theory there andreina. So your theory leaves wastelands open to being somewhat of a ballad or something with a reflective nature. Lol yeah theories are a pointless game, as fun as they can be.

13. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

[video=youtube;Ih6XjO_fhrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih6XjO_fhrI[/video]

14. Fury99

Fury99 4EVER LP

The Summoning will probably be an interlude but what if it was actual song? Rise Against has a song called 3 Day Weekend that is 1:03 long.

15. UltimateLegend

UltimateLegend Well-Known Member

Well, most punk songs do tend to be short(er), so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a punk song, or at least an intro to a punk song.

16. Top2Bottom

Sum 41 have a song called A.N.I.C that is 38 seconds long. Not much to it but still lol

17. Fury99

Fury99 4EVER LP

Good point. I was disappointed to see The Summoning being this short but I'll wait to see what it actually is.

18. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Linkin Park always have some sort of interlude/instrumental on each and every official album. They will break their cycle if they don't have some sort of instrumental.

19. Blake

OOOH, I could definitely see this now that you mention it!

The better example would be The Hell Song by Sum 41

or Bricks by Rise Against

however I still believe The Summoning is an instrumental song leading into War personally

20. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

^ Bricks is a really good song too. It never feels short when I listen to it.

I could definitely see some The Requiem-esque vibes to The Summoning. That would be badass it it had some relationship with War. It would definitely be plausible since they're both shorter and right next to each other on the track listing.

My hypes are definitely for Keys To The Kingdom (Derek has me hyped about this one), Mark The Graves (song title and length have me excited) and Drawbar (Tom Morello deserves hype). Can't wait to hear this shit.