"The Hunting Party" out now in the U.S.!

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jun 17, 2014.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

If you don't have an email for the downloads, log in to your WBR account (if you bought from LP.com) and in "My Downloadable content" you'll find the album available. The link was there already open before I got the email.

warriorathlete21

warriorathlete21 Well-Known Member

Such an awesome, aggressive, and diverse album. Definitely ranks up with the best they've done.

How in the world though is this only projected to sell 120k??
    Didn't living things open with 220k?
    Are they really gonna drop 100k in sales within a two year time frame?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah I'd like to know this too? Where are these projected sales coming from?

Bucho

Bucho New Member

Just to clarify, you got the digital copies of both THP and HT Live through your Best Buy purchase, or was one or both from your Carnivores Tour ticket purchase? I've been debating where to pick up my copy, and have been considering this CD+DVD edition from Best Buy...so if this one comes with both digital downloads, then that's probably the one I'll go with. Otherwise, I'd probably be more inclined to get it direct from LP's website because I really want HT Live too.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

When the tour was announced, I purchased tickets with the package to get the album as well. At the time, it was unclear how this would really go down, bu then as each song got released I got an email for each one. Then I got a separate email through WBR to redeem a code for the album, like maybe a month ago, so I did that and got the email at 12:01am this morning. It was to my delight that I would also get Hybrid Theory Live, as I wondered that all week when it was first announced.

I went to BestBuy this morning and picked up a physical copy of the album with the live DVD, totally separate deal from the email/digital shit.

I love digital copies. The last 3 studio albums from the band the physical disc has never entered a machine since purchase.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Yeah the best buy copy doesnt come with the HT download, which sucks

Sonic

Which it shouldn't because the show just happened 3 days ago. No way to get redemption codes in the packaging in time.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Still no email for the whole album download. Maybe it's because I just "preordered" it yesterday but that definitely shouldn't delay my digital download. I got ATS and LT with no hiccups at 12:01 so this is annoying.

EDIT: Just got it the same minute I posted this. :lol:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    TheLPStanFan

TheLPStanFan Well-Known Member

I believe the predictions are coming from Hits Daily Double. Pretty sure the reason why THP isn't gonna sell as well as LT is because. Burn It Down was a pretty big radio hit. It got played way more than any single from THP,plus there's basically been no promo this era.

Bucho

Bucho New Member

Thanks. I figured the Best Buy copy wouldn't include the HT Live download but wanted to make sure. Hell, maybe I'll pickup both anyway...I definitely want HT Live, and wouldn't mind the Live in Mexico DVD. I'm with you on the digital copies...it's rare that I ever use physical CD's, so it's great that they include them. What quality are the downloads from linkinpark.com? Are they available in FLAC and 320k MP3?

RYFO

RYFO Active Member

Because once it's released in North America, that means it's released everywhere. I believe a better title for the post would have removed the term "U.S." in favor of a "Now available worldwide", but it doesn't make much of a difference. It's available to everyone now and that's all that matters.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Anyone know how long will it might take for my physical Deluxe Package order to arrive? I ordered almost as soon as it was available from the official site for pre-order and i've had my digital download but i've had no e-mails telling me if the physical bundle has even been dispatched :| (I'm in the UK)

Although in hindsight i'm just an idiot for buying a £40 package (That's $67 btw, usually a lot more but exchange rate as it is now) for some artwork and a t-shirt and what I consider a 9 track album only 5-6 of which I can still bear to listen to. (Final Masquerade's cheesy melody already makes me cringe far more than Crawling's chorus ever will.) Most disappointing album yet, all the others grew on me but I doubt i'll ever come to enjoy this one, the concept was so exiting but the finished product just never realizes that potential.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    hi_c21

hi_c21 Figure.21

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

A VERY popular singer from the UK. I'll admit that I love his voice. Very soulful and emotional.

LPFreak64

LPFreak64 BACON!!!

I have heard GATS (IN FULL!!!) on my local rock radio station more than I ever heard any ATS or LT song. I think GATS is their biggest single in a LONG time...

Sonic

Digital download is 320.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Eh. Getting big on the modern rock charts isn't as big of a deal as it once was. It reaches that demographic, but it didn't chart on billboard at all, which is the biggy.

jdanek630

jdanek630 Well-Known Member

This is very true. Which is where "UIG" is supposed to come into play. Surprisingly, UIG hasn't impacted the Billboard Hot 100 yet either, although it is on the Bubbling Under charts, so it may be making its Hot 100 debut in the next week or two. It's actually charted well on the mainstream / modern rock charts thus far; I didn't think it would.

I believe the sales estimates are low. Plus, Billboard uses the totals shipped to stores / vendors, not actual copies sold to consumers. I believe WB would have shipped out at least 150K+ for THP's debut week. I would be kind of disappointed if this album does not land at at least #2. All of LP's proper studio albums have debuted at #1, with the exception of HT which debuted at #2, and Reanimation which also debuted at #2. #3 would seem like a letdown, regardless of which perspective you look at it from (fan / band member/ WB / critics).

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

So disappointed.