"The Hunting Party" out now in the U.S.!

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jun 17, 2014.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

WP_20140618_001.jpg

Apologies for the washed out picture but you get the idea.

My advice to anyone is not to buy the deluxe edition. It is extremely disappointing presentation-wise with the lithograph being a tiny rolled up print on cheap thin card in a plastic bag which is so small you could very well end up ripping the thing trying to get it out. The art book is okay but frankly I would have much preferred to see Mike's art over Frank Maddocks (go look at the cringe-worthy art plastered over the band member portraits in the inlay). The t-shirt although supposedly in my size is far too small. The CD came with scratches all over the back and a bonus DVD would have been nice!

Just feel like a fan let down by an out of touch label yet again. Barely anyone buys physical CD's anymore but I jumped at the chance to own a nice physical package of my favorite band's new album and you let me down with this. It's not piracy killing the industry Warner, it's BS like this.

Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

Is that a jewel case there, too? Ew. Maybe I will hold out for a vinyl release... I realllllly hate jewel cases haha.

Bummer to hear about the lackluster package, though. You'd think especially at the price points offered, the extra content would at least be of high quality.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

Nice, thanks for that! It's a shame, the art book and disc appear to be quite aesthetically pleasing. They just had to bring it down with that case. :/

SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Wow. What a rip off. So I should've just fucking got my copy from amazon. At least it would be here already. >.<

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Yeah, I kind of figured the deluxe edition would be underwhelming when it came with a "Until It's Gone" shirt instead of a Hunting Party shirt. Would've at least expected the art book to be a full size book though, it looks pretty small.

SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Speaking of my copy...it just arrived. Haha! Now that I've seen the package for myself, I dig it. It wasn't presented quite the way I was expecting, but it doesn't look bad. In my opinion, the band that puts out the best deluxe packages (THAT I CAN AFFORD) are Demon Hunter. Those are usually pretty damn cool.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Post to signature combination is spot on :thumbsup:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Too late now :rolleyes: but I'd have regretted not buying it. With a DVD containing footage from a show from two years ago that I could watch in higher-resolution for free on YouTube, and a booklet that doesn't contain printed lyrics, the CD+DVD edition is inferior as a package.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Did anyone noticed that there is a mistake in the booklet on Rob's thanks? it is written "G-d" instead of God...

or was it intentional? :obama:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Does the CD+DVD come with the deluxe booklet?