The Killers Third Album Information

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The_Cool_Cow, Apr 26, 2008.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

NME recently did an interview with The Killers singer Brandon Flowers which revealed some interesting information about their upcoming third album. First off, they are going into the studio in June, and plan to have the album finished by their appearance at Reading/Leeds festival, where perhaps they will play some new songs. The other piece of information is that the album will be produced by Stewart Price, who did the Mr. Brightside remix found on Sawdust.

Personally, I am very happy about the first piece of news. I can not wait for the new album, and since it should be done by Reading/Leeds, I think we can expect it by about October/November. However, im not too sure about Stewart Price producing the album. I thought that Flood and Alan Moulder did a fantastic job producing Sams Town, and I was hoping that they would stay with them. I also really did not like the Mr. Brightside remix, although that is probably because I never really liked Mr. Brightside that much in the first place. I just dont want to see them go back to the really clean sound from Hot Fuss. I really loved the rawness of Sam's Town. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I cannot wait for their new album. I am a HUGE Killer's fan. I didn't really like Sam's Town all that much but eventually it grew on me. It took a long while but I personally love Hot Fuss over Sam's Town. Hopefully whatever direction they go in will satisfy me. They haven't really let me down yet.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I want it now.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Sweeeeet, The Killers are Awesome.

I love Mr. Brightside and I havent heard the remix

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Hot Fuss was good; Sam's Town was too flashly, very little meat.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I honestly don't have a single one of their songs on my computer, iPod or in my CD collection, but this band is awesome. I intend to go out soon and buy both Hot Fuss and Sam's Town, and when the new disc comes out, I'll probably pick that up too.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

For me what they ought to do is cross the songwriting of Hot Fuss with the actual sound of Sam's Town.

jonspeaks22

jonspeaks22 Banned

Sam's town was really good, loved that direction they took with that one. Hot fuss is always a classic and I always listen to it over and over, so lets hope the new one is going to be just as good if not better than ST

elocrocker

elocrocker Well-Known Member

I'm excited now. I didn't even know they were coming out with a new album, but their music is all around pretty good in my opinion. :]

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

Personally, I really liked Sawdust. I'll be waiting in anticipation for the new album.