The Love Poll

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by bennylp, Sep 12, 2005.

?

Is Love True Or Real?

1. Yes

31.8%
  2. No

4.5%
  3. Depends

45.5%
  4. Don't Know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Don't Care

13.6%
  6. It's something made up by big companys to sell stuff

4.5%
    D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

Love is just chemical shit going on in your brain, but then why doesn't everyone love the same person, attracted to the same person, in that way, even if it is just chemical, it doesn't change what true love is.
    If you love someone, you love someone, that is it. And that is true love.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

I thought I was in love once, but I was wrong. Then I met my fiancee and now know what love is.

You can't explain it it to someone, or simply sum it up in words.

Love is what you make of it, and if/when you find that special person, you'll know what love means to you.

If you don't think love is real/true then clearly you'll never be IN love and since you feel the way you do, I see no reason you should care.

In short: Love is what you want it to be.

:hugz:

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

I thought I was in love once, but I was wrong. Then I met my fiancee and now know what love is.

Love is what you make of it, and if/when you find that special person, you'll know what love means to you.

If you don't think love is real/true then clearly you'll never be IN love and since you feel the way you do, I see no reason you should care.

:hugz: [/b][/quote]
    word ;)

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

:hugz: [/b][/quote]
    Are you implying that I"m saying I don't believe in love? Cause if you are I dont know how you got that. I just dont see how a little 12 year old can think they are in love, there are alternatives to love its called being infatuated. Yes that is what many people are until they find true love. But there is no way in hell you can tell me a 12 year old can experience love.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

No no no, you got me all wrong Ryan.

You can't actually say that a 12 y/o can't fall in love, yes it's very unlikely that at that age they can comprehend what love is, but what I was stating is... well, the last line of my post.

Love (to me) has no formal definition, I say this because like I said before, I thought I was once in love but now realize that it was more of a strong bond (but I actually hate the bitch now :whistle: )

I'm finding it kind of hard to gather words on this topic, but all in all, NO Ryan, I was NOT implying that you don't believe in love. Friends? :)

:p

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yes for sure, sorry for gathering what you said as thr wrong thing. I understand your point and agree with it.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Love exists. Its a state between two people when you can trust each other, care and be there for each other, hold each other, kiss each other and think about them all day. I know because I love a great girl and I'm not being one of those 15 year old teenies, I love Sarah. I'm pretty sure the majority of people here know this.

Muri

Muri It never ends.

No. True love doesn't exist. It IS a chemical reaction in your brain. Probably caused by hormones or something.
    It's just like depression, only in some cases it lasts longer.
    Or at least that's what I think.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I think that anyone can experience love at any age. I just think there are just different levels of love possibly. I mean...if you love your mother, that's a different kind of love than you loving your wife. And if you're younger, maybe your love towards your girlfriend or boyfriend isn't as mature as love between 20 year olds. I know I'm in love right now, and that's all that matters. Nobody can tell me I'm not, because they don't know.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

well said

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I think love exixts if you want it too. However, there is no "perfect" love. Every relationship has problems. I don't think any two people can be absolutely perfect for each other. All in all, it depends what you think love is.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I suppose I do believe in love. I am not in love nor have I ever been in love but I do believe that people who can trust each other, be true and faithful to each other, and have passionate (not necessarily sexual) feelings towards each other enough can be in love.

*MoOn*

*MoOn* Well-Known Member

True & Real

Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

"Love is a dream, a lonely man's dream,
    love is too good to be true,
    love is the hope that haunts me,
    love's the last thing i have for you,
    For it's a lie...
    For it's untrue..."

i hope that says it.

cece13

cece13 Well-Known Member

LOVE DOES LIVE. DAMN WHINING EMO KIDS. Love is totally out there. You just have to find it and work at it unless you want it to go to hell because you want something to whine about.

bennylp

bennylp Guest

Love,

its haunted me for the last 9 or so months...i'm sorry to say that i am 15, but i feel that...let me get this right (in english) i feel, that the way i feel towards a certain someone (for a good 5 years...YES YEAR 4 I KNOW, BUT I STILL FEEL THE SAME) takes me to believe that I am truley (spell check) in love with her, truley in love with her, i don't care about anything anymore except her. Because i'm in love with this girl, and i care for her so much, i have given up on school, i don't eat any more, i excercise heaps, i do things i shouldn't do, or shouldn't do as much, but i can do jack shit because she is goin out with some guy who lives like 400 miles (like 500km or something) away from her house, so i've been really depressed, lost heaps of weight, am skinny, had 2 mental breakdown in a month about her, but i don't care. And LP is the only reason why i am alive today

Thanks LP, and

I LOVE YOU BECKY!!!!!!!!!!! :hugz: :blush: :wub:

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

That isn't good mate. I think you need some help. No offense to you, I know what breakups can do to a person. My mum had a nervous breadown after my dad left.

And I'm 14, similar age to you. Please listen to me.

Giving up school is the worst thing you can do. I nearly did. It sounds also like you have an eating disorder. I do too. And I've also had an internet relationship with a guy in AMERICA, thousands of miles away from me in Britain (which kinda pushed me into the ED). Along with that, I've also had depression too. I think what you need to do is try and get back up on your feet, and, as daft as it sounds, try and put Becky behind you. Also, I'd suggest getting a councellor because that's helped me a lot.

If you want to talk or anything, because it seems like you do, PM me, add me to MSN, or whatever, but I'll listen to you.

Amanda.

Amanda. Well-Known Member

I'm in love so I think it is real. ^_^

cece13

cece13 Well-Known Member

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I'm so in love. My 1 year anaversary was just last monday. I GOT A DIAMOND (bragging is fun) but I can't believe it's lasted a year, relationships allways have their ups and downs. yes, he and I have definaelty had our own, but I get over it and talk about it and fix it...... because that song from social d, "reach for the sky" always runs through my head

"I thank the Lord for the love I have found
    and hold you tight cause tomorrow may never come."

Anyways I strongly believe in love because my boyfriend and I are seriously talking about marriage right now. He plans on asking me sometime before next spring ( he wants to turn 18 first) yes, he's only 17 and I'm 16................

high school sweethearts rock!

Link04

Link04 Ambient

If you want a metaphysical definition that compliments Chris's physical definition: love is the reflection of an individual's values in another human being. Therefore, love exists between everyone who's together, no matter how shallow or superficial their relationship is. According to this definition, their values are reflected as such in their relationship.