The LPA Anime Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by SuperDude526, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

2. LazorCozmic

LazorCozmic Banned

[video=youtube;MPoIE5KK8A4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPoIE5KK8A4[/video]

3. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Christopher Nolan is rumored to be directing an Akira movie which is believed to be the name of the of the mystery movie that Warners Bros had announced for July 21st 2017.

4. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Here are 2 new Digimon Adventure Tri trailers which are very slightly different from one another.

[video=youtube;e7_va5mh-GU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7_va5mh-GU [/video]

and

[video=youtube;uZ1HyoHXQ-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ1HyoHXQ-c[/video]

First ova/movie will release in November.

5. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Charlotte is a fucking wild ride in both a good way and a bad way.

Gravity_LP likes this.
  6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Does anyone on here have a MAL profile?

Would love to add you! My MAL is here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/BlissKTT

My currently airing isn't really correct at the moment though.

I am mainly just watching Souma (Food Wars) and One-Punch Man, however, I am part way into DBS and started Psycho-Pass over 2 years ago but never finished it even though I have plans to finish it at some point.

Next I plan to watch some sports Animes that I keep putting off.

I highly suggest Souma (Food Wars) if you have not seen it. Just got done watching Episode 14 and it is fantastic so far. Episode 13 and 14 are some of the best Anime my eyes have ever laid sight on.

Also, since I didn't post in here much, I highly suggest Shigatsu. It's been a decent while since I finished it but I have to say it's one of the best Animes I have watched.

7. Zak

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO WATCH ONE-PUNCH MAN

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So one of my friends has convinced me to get into the world of anime. She introduced me to 'Black Butler' and I've been pretty invested in that show so I'm looking for suggestions on what to watch, preferably shows of similar genre. Netflix preferred, because that's the easiest way for me to watch it (instead of bootlegging it online haha). I also like it when there's English voice acting, although I won't turn it down if it's subtitled.

Suggest away folks!

9. Zak

:dpeen:
    I suggest you start off with a variety of classics so you don't pigeon-hole yourself to one genre from the get go.

1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Samurai Champloo
    3. Gurren Lagann
    4. Death Note
    5. Steins;Gate

I also recommend Akira. It's movie but a really good one.

10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I would say get into some mainstream ones first and see if Anime is for you. However, a lot of mainstream Animes are super long so I put down some short classics as well.

I don't use netflix so these might not be on netflix but:

1. Dragon Ball Z
    2. Tri-Gun
    3. Yu Yu Hakusho
    4. Full Metal Alchemist/ Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    5. Hellsing: Ultimate

also, highly suggest Death Note but that was already mentioned.

If you are looking for some shorter Animes and more variety, check out:

1. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. (English title: Anohana)
    2. Shigatsu
    3. Air
    4. Afro Samurai (Could have been better I thought, but it's very short and easy to finish. Still a 7/10 product.)
    5. Free!

11. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't mean to be that guy (although I usually am anyway) but anime is already plural.

12. Vic

Vic No game no life

I would recommend:

1. Code Geass
    2. Steins;Gate
    3. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (my fav anime ever)
    4. Toradora!
    5. Spice and Wolf

Of course there are a bunch more but I find all those Anime very enjoyable to watch.

13. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Trigun is one of my favorite stories, but it's pretty drawn out. I wish it was more to the point. Yu Yu Hakusho is amazing. Love the characters. Both Fullmetal series are great too.

14. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I know i am far behind, but i started to continue with One Piece. I continued now with the Fishmen Island Arc. Its fucking great. I really liked it since the beginning, but now the big things are coming. Its great.

15. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Used to be way more into anime as a kid but I still enjoy it at times. Perfect Blue and Princess Mononoke are my favorite films.

Favorite shows: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Iria, Galaxy Express 999, Patlabor, really early Gundam. I like Sailor Moon for it's art style, have no shame in saying that anymore.

My drawing style comes from anime so I'll always have respect for it, rather than "grow out of it" like many people expect you too. I honestly am not familiar with recent anime because I've gradually lost interest in keeping up. But again, I like going back to the films and shows I know. And I always like discovering older stuff.

16. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I am currently watching Hunter X Hunter and I just started the Chimera Arc.
    Is there anybody here who can explain to me what the hell just happened, lol?
    The show has been great so far but everything happening in this arc is just so out of left field that I almost don't feel like watching it anymore.
    It doesn't help that it's supposedly the longest arc in the series.
    Does it eventually get better? I can already tell I hate the concept of the arc, and the new characters introduced do not work in the context of the show IMO.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  17. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me when I started that arc. The beginning is really messy but, in my opinion, it does get better. It takes some time to really get going but I think the payoff is worth it. Still, I don't like it as much as the Phantom Troupe Arc.

18. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

The Phantom Troupe Arc is probably the best piece of Shonen anime I have ever seen.

And about the Chimera ant arc, It's getting better, and some of the new characters are actually pretty cool.

HOWEVER, they have fucked up the power scaling at this point(these motherfucking mutants are illogical OP).

It is definitely the most inconsistent arc so far and the pacing gets really weird in a big chunk of the episodes, especially 80-87.
    Obvious plot holes start to appear as well and there is waaaay too much exposition.

I feel like The Greed Island arc really set up for something amazing to happen in the next arc(and I was looking forward for a reunion with Kurapika and Leorio - and the Phantom Troupe), instead it just goes into something completely different which kind of diminishes the importance of the last arc.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  19. Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Just rewatched "Charlotte" again.
    Love it!

20. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Any recommendations for movies similar to:

Akira
    Perfect Blue
    Ghost in the Shell
    Ninja Scroll