The Nine Inch Nails thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Brandon, May 28, 2013.

1. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Full Bad Witch playlist on YT here.

It's great to hear him experiment with his voice after all this time. Bowie/Homme on "God Break Down The Door" and I hear some Peter Murphy influence on "Over and Out". Looking foward to listen to it in higher quality... Besides, the record isn't full of surprises. A few weeks ago Reznor talked about how they postboned the release because they felt like they had to force themselves and it didn't feel natural? Those are not his exact words and I could be getting it all wrong, but after listening to this I was kinda surprised; it still feels like that. I understand the idea behind the 3 short records; not sure it worked out that well.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

His stance was more that the release they had planned felt too phoned in and "expected". They threw it out to force themselves to try something new or unexpected, which I totally get with the use of saxophone, heavy dipping into drum and bass, and the new vocal stylings for the songs.

Dekar likes this.
  3. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

My favorite song from the trilogy is The Lovers. After that is the Idea of You and God Break Down the Door

Captain-EO and Filip like this.
  4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

My favourite songs are scattered across all 3 works. I don't like any of the EPs from front to back

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  5. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I think "The Day The World Went Away" might be my favorite song, like... ever. Chills, man. Every time. So simple, yet so clearly captures emotion.

Also, "Still" is the most underrated release from any artist, ever.

Gibs and Mark like this.
  6. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The Day The World Went Away was my introduction to NIN. Heard it used in the the trailer for that really shitty Terminator movie from 2009. The song has a certain atmosphere about it that's just perfect. Think I may like the instrumental version better too.

Captain-EO and Filip like this.
  7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That trailer gets regular praise to this day