The Official 2012 U.S. Presidential Election Thread

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Jesse, Oct 26, 2012.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

When I voted a few days ago, I took into consideration many things. I took into consideration that the President I want prioritizes education, especially when both my brother and I are pursuing our education and my parents are educators. I want a President who is going to make it easier for young Americans, and even older Americans, to go to school and get an education - who doesn't limit the educated population to those who can afford schooling. I want a President who cares about the energy future of this country - who is conscientious of our economic need to shift to domestic gas and oil - but is aware that we need to make energy transitions into the future and focus on renewables. I want a President who is level-headed and is well-regarded by other countries - who will not jeopardize our reputation around the world. I want a President who aims every day to identify and connect with those of us in this country who are struggling - and doesn't spend more time trying to save those who are well off and instead concerns himself with helping those who actually need the help and help to keep our economy strong (the lower and middle classes with large buying power). I want a President who is consistent - who doesn't switch his views with the situation and is honest. I want a President who is willing to admit when he has made a mistake - and yet always keeps his eyes on the goal. I want a President who in the real world could sit down and identify with someone like me - an average college student - trying to make their way through life and will be leaving college with only a 50% chance of getting a job - and will try to change that.

I voted for President Obama. Governor Romney has given me no reason to give my vote to him. He is not a bad person, nor does he mean harm upon anybody. But it is impossible to identify with a man such as him - a man who does not even pay the same tax rate as most of us, a man who is too rich to care about the poor (and will even stand by statements that the poor do not need help), a man who waives off 47% of the country behind closed doors, a man who will be completely incapable of implementing any respectable foreign and domestic policy, a man who wants / likes coal (the most awful fossil fuel that anybody can use - and all of the science proves that of all the fossil fuels we should be focusing on natural gas, and doesn't seem to care about renewables), a man who will not prioritize education and instead is fixated upon fulfilling the goals of his party which he doesn't even align with (repealing Obamacare amongst other things), etc. President Obama is the only man who can continue this recovery without jeopardizing the American people - at home and around the world. President Obama's heart is with the United States, his money is in the United States - whereas Governor Romney gladly keeps his money elsewhere so he doesn't get taxed the same.

I trust President Obama with the next four years of this country. Most of the Americans who will vote for Governor Romney will undoubtedly benefit from President Obama's policies - and simply will wrap their arms around those in their party and vote for Romney because that's what they're supposed to do. The future that President Obama presents for this country looks bright - and Governor Romney will not move us forward. It's time to move forward.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Great post, Louis! I just saw a list of everything Romney plans to cut if he is elected. A lot of people will lose their jobs because of those cuts. Based on this, Romney must believe that if you have a job with govenment aid, then it is not a real job. What about those people that work for and with the government and put the money they make back into the economy? Do they not count? What the fuck...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

[​IMG] Well said, Louis.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Well, Romney thrives off voters who are voting against their own interests. It's an odd thing, pedagogy.

Granted, as someone who is for all intents and purposes, a part of the 1%, I suppose a vote for Obama on my part is also a vote against my own interest. But I believe voting in the interest of the whole country, and not just myself (and as an environmentalist, the whole world, I suppose), is my duty as a voting American and it is within my own interest.

Edit: Wow, in retrospect that didn't come off nearly as eloquently as I had hoped. Hopefully you all got what I was going for though.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Anybody who votes is voting against their own interests without knowing it. Ignorance is bliss, though.

SuperDude526

[​IMG]

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

I read the while that line in One Step Closer came up.

But what if someone is voting for their own interests and you don't know what they value?

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;OjrthOPLAKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrthOPLAKM&feature=g-logo-xit[/video]

Abby for President! :kappa:

You win the internet... or at least this thread.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

I saw that in the news and that is so cute!

That was pretty good. I don't live in America and I admit that I don't know everything about its politics. I would have voted for Obama because I didn't know Romney so well. And I think Obama's presidential term was okay...or at least I think so. But what I actually wanted to say is that your post was very great to read for me!

travz21

I wonder what citizens of the middle east thought of Obama's term. He was killing innocent people left and right.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

But haven't you heard? He's the president of "social justice" because he went on Ellen and said that he thought gay people should be able to get married, even though he hasn't actually done anything to help give them that right.

I guess it's "social justice" as long as your definition only includes Americans (and even then its shoddy considering the NDAA and the kill list).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    travz21

Lol. People get so wet whenever he says anything. He's a majestic speaker and really good at making people believe him. Then when he does the opposite of what he says people either have no idea it happened or it doesn't register that he lied. They just hand wave it away and throw some excuse out for him because they have a hard-on for Obama. You can find so many people that find ways to defend his drones that he's bombing people with every day. You can find people that defend his wars. You can find people that defend his war on drugs. All of which he campaigned in opposition of and are controlled entirely by him. The list goes on and on and on and on.

This has been going on with presidents (government in general) forever though. It's just so stupid now because this information is so easily accessible on the internet. You can catch their lies in a few clicks of a button and confirm with many different sources. You can find out what's going on behind the scenes all around the world. To let shit like this slide in this generation is very disturbing. Most people get their information from the TV though, which will never be intellectually honest. Who Owns The Media?

And the other problem is people are so enthusiastic about "USA #1!!" that they trust our government completely and question nothing. They believe everything the government does is righteous, because duh, we're USA #1. It's this nationalism that gives the US government the power to do whatever it wants while we simply sit around diddling ourselves about how we're so much better than everyone else. The government can kill a million people in Iraq, kill thousands of women and children in middle east drone strikes, and kill thousands while invading Libya and most of the US thinks we are in the right. It's sickening.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

OBAMA WINS!!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Well done, Obama.

Someone should have told Romney that trickle down economics failed 30 years ago, and attempting to bring it into the 21st century at the height of a severely more volatile economic environment is nothing short of insanity.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The greater of two evils lost, weed is legalized in two (maybe three states), gay marriage is looking good in a couple states, the first openly gay senator was elected, the first asian-american senator also elected, rape-ignorant candidates lost.

2012 election: better than expected.

Edit: And Puerto Rico is maybe going to be a state. whoa.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

A great night for America all around.

jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

Apparently Romney only wrote a winning speech. Oops.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Concession speeches suck. Step up to the mic and let it rip.

SuperDude526

Hey, if your primary interest is keeping your own money and letting others lose it...

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Good game, America.